Of course... Government is nosy... they want to know everything about you... they will be able to tell if you cut/burn your finger
    09-11-13 03:18 PM
    That is true bu,t it seems like you're handing it to them if you use the finger print scanner on the 5s.

You're handing it over by using the Internet, CB, credit cards, checking account, etc etc.
    09-11-13 03:25 PM
    That is true bu,t it seems like you're handing it to them if you use the finger print scanner on the 5s.
    How's that? Only if you physically HAND OVER the phone. The print is stored on the chip and never goes anywhere.
    09-11-13 03:26 PM
    Apple could be saying bullsht... have you seen a thief asking permission to steal or take something from you?

Have you seen any phone companies told us that nsa can access the phone data before the announcement/news from blogs/websites popped out?

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 03:47 PM
    I knew I should have worn my tinfoil hat today..

Posted via CB10
    ...and at the same time, this would be an awesomely useful rumor to spread!!

Realistically, yes, I actually do believe Apple that the fingerprints stay with the phone, but I guess you never REALLY know, do you?
    09-11-13 03:52 PM
    concealed handgun license, various background checks, CRC prior to forward deployment and so on.
    Disney World...
    09-11-13 09:41 PM
    No they won't.
    Fingerprint-Reading IPhone Seen as Protection Against NSA
    http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/201...ainst-nsa.html
    09-12-13 11:52 PM
    [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=5][SIZE=3]Please

THERE ARE NO REPLACEMENT FINGERPRINTS / EYES / FACES / DNA / OTHER SCANNABLE BODY PARTS.

ONCE THEIR DIGITIZED CODES ARE STOLEN AND COPIED THAT PART OF YOUR BODY'S "IDENTITY" IS FOREVER COMPROMISED.
    Never thought of this issue! But you are completely right! If this method can be tricked (and EVERY method can get tricked some time) you are pretty screwed! Terrible ...
    09-16-13 02:46 AM
    Assume that NSA can hack your iPhone and also ask the A7 memory that holds this info. Because if bit can be engineered it can be reverse-engineered.

They have your name, all your info, GPS locations, interests, associates, friends, family. If this doesn't scare you nothing will.

And for those who say "the NSA already has my fingerprint, blah blah blah". Sure they might have that but they don't have all the other information on you. Now they do.

Where you go, who you call, who calls you, what your interests are, emails, txt, iMessage, times of activity, times of rest, your calendar, EVERYTHING. If there wasn't a good reason to avoid Apple before, there is now.

Fired from my Z10
    09-16-13 03:06 AM
    Was talking to a friend about the fingerprint iphone thingy... then we got on the subject of when he goes to work that he has to clock in by using a fingerprint! so yes I strongly believe that it is possible in this day and age... most websites and so on are already selling your info, so why not?

On the Underrated Z10
    09-16-13 03:59 AM
    Government both national and local has access to anything they want as long they have a warrant.

Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, device, etc.

So if they wanted access to an iPhone's data, they will get it. Even goes for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 06:32 AM
    What does Apple do with your finger prints when you purchase from itunes? Apple hasnt explained the technology completly, but i dont think thats going to stop people from buying the phone.
    09-16-13 07:25 AM
    No one can steal finger prinTs and use it for identity tampering...( unless somebody from security agency will have to do it for some purpose like accessing your important informations and accounts.)

the thing is that, those security agencies may/can track and compromise you/us. What will you feel if you know you're being watched?

And what if some highly skilled hacker got you as a target for his evil habits?
    Hackers are improving too just like the anti hackers

No more privacy.
    Yes you were using an alias to hide your identity but you are still compromised because of your finger print being tracked or whatever.

It's not that we or I myself are/is hiding something because i am a criminal or did something wrong... its just the thing we call boundaries and walls for freedom as a person.

Who are those security agents?
    Are they supernatural beings?
    - of course not... they're also humans who are bound to mistakes and can turn evil at anytime.

Just my opinion.
    But it is always up to you.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 07:52 AM
    If the NSA wants it, the NSA will get it, nothing you can do about it.

According to Apple the data will not be sent anywhere but we won't really be sure until someone is able to analyze the software and hardware and even then nothing is 100%...

If it concerns you, don't buy a 5s...
    09-17-13 07:52 AM
    Why would a gov agency go through the trouble of hacking into the phone's chip for data that they would have to deconvolute, when it presumably means they already have the phone, your number, and all the accessible data on there to start poking into your secrets?

Not to mention your prints all over said phone in the first place.

I don't think there's enough tin foil in the universe to protect this crowd.
    09-18-13 03:05 PM
    Why would a gov agency go through the trouble of hacking into the phone's chip for data that they would have to deconvolute, when it presumably means they already have the phone, your number, and all the accessible data on there to start poking into your secrets?

Not to mention your prints all over said phone in the first place.

I don't think there's enough tin foil in the universe to protect this crowd.

Same reason why they spent hundreds of millions to crack various encryption schemes, and all the other things they've done like Stuxnet. Never underestimate the lengths they will go to to get something they want. Their budgets are virtually limitless and they don't have to answer to anyone.

As for your fingers being all over said phone..they can't get that info if it's not being stored. The phone isn't one giant finger print scanner/sensor.
    09-18-13 10:50 PM
41 12