I downloaded the WiFi tethering app which makes a great hotspot. A friend of mine wants to tether his ipod (which he has done) to my Iphone. My question is will I incur any additional data charges from him tethering and will AT&T know he is tethering or will they just think the data is coming from my phone?
    04-21-10 02:50 AM
    AT&T will not see anything except for data being used from you YOUR phone, you're good
    04-21-10 10:24 AM
    Go over 5GB in a month and they can charge u overage fee. Just keep track of how much data ur using.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-10 06:15 PM
    No, they wont. This has been disproven time and again. I've personally gone over 5GB's several times. You're fine.
    04-21-10 06:26 PM
    Whats the name of the app? I have been looking and can't seem to find a tethering app.
    04-21-10 09:10 PM
    Yeah I would like to know the name of the app as well.
    04-21-10 09:39 PM
    No, they wont. This has been disproven time and again. I've personally gone over 5GB's several times. You're fine.
    I agree with this. I have never been over charged for going over.
    04-22-10 06:30 AM

This is just a warning. If u read the fine print, they can charge u an overage for anything over 5GB.

04-22-10 08:30 AM
    Whats the name of the app? I have been looking and can't seem to find a tethering app.
    Yeah I would like to know the name of the app as well.
    It's called MyFi and it requires a jailbroken phone. The app is in Cydia or Rock.
    04-22-10 08:32 AM
    This is just a warning. If u read the fine print, they can charge u an overage for anything over 5GB.

That is for an aircard. Not for data on a phone. You could get charged if your usage "adversely affects the network". There is not set cap.
    04-22-10 10:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD