Does anyone know of a program that will manage my wifi on my 3gs? Because of the battery draining quicker with wifi enabled is there a way to auto switch on when i'm at home or near another wifi hotspot so i don't have to do it manually. Still miss the battery life on my 9700. I could leave bluetooth, wifi and 3g switched on and get 2 days. If i leave everything on on the iphone i get half a day (great with all turned off) I could even live with profiles, one for home with wifi enabled, one for car with bluetooth enabled and so on. Help
    01-23-11 02:50 PM
    BUMP for this one. I am curious to know as well.

Also, does wifi take precedence over 3g when in a wifi enabled area?
    02-16-11 09:04 AM
    If you are jailbroken check out My Profiles
    02-16-11 12:22 PM
    BUMP for this one. I am curious to know as well.

Also, does wifi take precedence over 3g when in a wifi enabled area?
    yes it does
    02-16-11 01:09 PM
    So here's what I did. It's not the perfect solution but it's as good as it gets. Your phone will need to be jailbroken because the following tweak is only available in Cydia. If you download SBsettings and configure status bar swiping. When I swipe the status bar left it automatically toggles wifi on and off. Right toggles 3G and down toggles Bluetooth so no need to dig through menus. Voila! A near perfect solution. I noticed in the preview on Cydia it shows you a menu popping up this is why you need to configure status bar in the settings so It just toggles on and off by simply swiping. :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-11 03:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD