Brought her in to pick out a new 8900 to match mine, I really wanted to use the PIN with her as well as Latitude. She was against a new phone so I handed her an Iphone first, she liked it, worse yet the gal behind the counter had one too.. So after about 10 minutes of listening to two girls chuckle away I asked my questions..
    "push" technology was my first, the reason I wanted her to have a new phone was so we could communicate, real time. The sales girl showed me her Iphone running Latitude, that impressed me, then she showed me that one particular instant message program was indeed instant and notified without delay, so that little phone came home with us.
    Now I can't find Latitude anywhere and the wife is considering letting me swap that phone out for another Berry, but if I can make it work we just may keep it, it is without doubt a very cool toy! Lots of neat applications, but I need that phone to run Latitude..
    Can I make this thing behave or should I just pair her up with another Berry so we can enjoy how easily they communicate with each other?
    Thanks..
    07-29-09 09:54 PM
    give this link a shot Google Latitude
    07-29-09 10:00 PM
    I'm a BB guy, but on a BB, Latitude is part of Google Maps. You would need to run Google Maps and turn Latitude on in options. I might be wrong though
    07-29-09 10:00 PM
    It isn't part of Google Maps on the Iphone, and to make matters worse, neither is Google Earth..
    07-29-09 10:07 PM
    Latitude.. pfff.. loopt is better.
    07-29-09 10:17 PM
    Latitude is a google WEB APP, and google earth can be downloaded from the App store, and you can change the Maps setting from the native Maps app to satellite view.

For the latitude, just go to the link above and create a home screen shortcut.
    07-29-09 11:38 PM
    Trying to keep tabs on the ol wifey eh..
    07-30-09 12:29 PM
    Latitude.. pfff.. loopt is better.
    I second Loopt.
    07-30-09 12:31 PM
    I think if you go to googles homepage, you can get a link to try Latitude. Or just search latitude+iphone...On your phone

I think it was under the search box one day when I tried it.
    07-31-09 01:15 AM
    I returned it, wife didn't like the way callers sounded and I wasn't happy with the fact that lattitude only runs while it is open.
    Neat little phone, but not for us.. She now has a Blackberry 8900 and is more than happy.
    It was worth a try.
    07-31-09 06:34 AM
    lol darn technology

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 08:05 AM
    Well sorta, yeah..
    My wife and I bow-hunt together, this program will allow us to keep track of each other in the bush. In this case safety trumps trust.
    07-31-09 08:48 AM
    u have to know wer they r at.
    can never trust them.
    jk...
    11-04-09 02:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD