For me, I don't hate the iphone. It's a decent piece of equipment, has some good features and others that are less than appealing. My son uses the iphone and loves it. But for me, it's Blackberry all the way. It has all the features I like, plus additional apps that keep me busy when my boss isn't looking . Every phone has its +'s and -'s. I am Blackberry addict. Iphone doesn't give me the fix I am looking for.
    10-19-08 04:56 AM
    I used an iPhone 8GB (1st gen) for a long time.
    No bugs were bugging me
    Enjoyed listening to music, showing pictures, photos (that's really great in iPhone, as ZOOMING is cool and entertaining and doesn't require a user to wait, absolutely no lag), just the whole experience of using it was AWESOME! Before you even think to press the button, it is already there, changed to new window, program, slide, whatever. (for ex on my previous phone with touchscreen you would have to wait for a while (less than half of the second I guese, but...) between pressing different buttons, to dial a number, otherwise you will get a wrong one, or miss some digits. And it usually always like this on touchscreens. I wonder if new Storm will something similar, or hopefully note. iPhone was great.
    I sold it hopeing to buy 3g, but ended up with owning a BOLD. and now I just value the services and functionality of this phone.
    What I really don't understand is why each forum tries to compare iPhone to smth, even if the competitor doesn't have a touch screen.

BlackBerry BOLD 9000 is my choice for now, got used to typing fast, being online all the time, charging it every night
    Last edited by anton_dubai; 10-19-08 at 10:35 AM.
    10-19-08 10:28 AM
    Another big + in using the BB Curve the past five days is the email.

I have two email accounts set up on my phone and email comes through as quickly as it does on my computer.

On the iPhone 3G using edge, the emails would show up but trying to read them was another story. Sometimes they just wouldn't load up and I didn't have time for that while I was at work.

With the BB, I love reading them on the phone and rarely read them on the computer!
    10-19-08 10:39 AM
    I find it funny that you care so much about a PHONE (the iPhone in this case) that you MUST know why people hate it.
    I don't think he cares about the phone that much, but the reason behind everyone's anger when they can easily not buy it. What I got from reading his statement is that he may feel that there are a lot of things to hate on this planet (world hunger, poverty & disease), but choose to hate a device. It's really sorry IMO. I love both devices only, but this doesn't mean I hate windows mobile. I just dislike and choose not to use that platform.

I like RIM/Blackberry products as much as the iPhone (if not more), but I find myself playing devil's advocate and a lot think that I'm in favor of the iPhone over the berry. For the things that I use the device for, the iPhone fits my needs better.

Example... I use yahoo mail, therefore I get push email w/o subscribing to MobileMe. I like having 30 apps w/o worrying about memory. I surf the web and love the web browser. The one thing that the BB has that tops all that I mentioned before is BB Messenger and that is actually enough for me to be a blackberry addict for life. With the App Store from RIM and more memory on the BBs, I see both devices fitting my need equally.
    10-19-08 12:46 PM
    In short, I think the iphone catches bad press because of it's popular perception as more of an "image" device as opposed to one designed primarily for business. At least that's the perception i've seen. But Apple can and I'm sure will work on that, just as RIM has been working diligently on it's "bling" features to lure in the more casual wireless device users.
    10-19-08 07:34 PM
    I do not hate Iphone I just dont get all the hype. Most of my friends have it, some love it and the others accept its limitations. Some things it does well - like browsing and menu, others like picture messaging it does not. My curve does not do online streaming, but has a full keyboard easy multi-functioning and no touch screen all plusses for me. Each to their own and if everyone always commented on the nice side of life then everyone smiles.
    10-20-08 04:04 PM
    dont hate it
    but i would like to be able to have a removable battery
    cmon u can get so much better pron pics with this baby
    o camera sucks too
    10-25-08 09:47 PM
    Im not an iPhone hater. I considered the iPhone 3g, but I would have to switch providers to get the iPhone. So instead of having to get my number changed over and all that, Im going to stay with Telus and buy the Storm. I like the iPhone, but after reading macrumors, it seems like some people who buy the iPhone are a little pompous about it.

Edit - The one thing I like about the iPhone is how it is displayed in stores. On, working, all that jazz. I wish every company would do this. I hate these dummy models which arent quite like the real thing
    Last edited by wmp.dll; 10-26-08 at 03:04 PM.
    10-25-08 11:13 PM
    o i do hate 2 yr contracts
    10-26-08 12:12 AM
    You can't backup your iphones media

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by nah.uhh; 10-26-08 at 01:23 AM. Reason: frazzled message
    10-26-08 01:18 AM
    You can't backup your iphones media

What? Your media is on iTunes, and you can back it up to a storage device.
    10-26-08 09:57 AM
    Dear ShortStop51001

I am with you!
    I have an Iphone and a 8330 curve! Both work very well. Not had any issues with either phone.
    one is for work the other pleasure. I am lucky to have the best of both worlds. But they both are great phones.
    Wouldn't give them up if I had to unless it would be the work phone.................

Have to have a personal phone.........
    10-26-08 10:16 AM
    Love both my phones bold/ iphone 3g... i use my iphone as my main phone it just has everything i need!
    10-30-08 02:29 PM
    Love both my phones bold/ iphone 3g... i use my iphone as my main phone it just has everything i need!
    geez how nice for you, two phones, wanna share the wealth?
    10-31-08 01:32 AM
    I don't hate iphones, in fact I think they're really nice just not for me...

10-31-08 05:11 AM
    I'm not an iPhone hater, I'm an AT&T hater. As a customer using their DSL service, working with their tech support people (assumming you can reach one) is an exercise in futility. I've never experienced such bad customer service than I have with them.

When it came time to buy a smart phone, I evaluated every company out there except AT&T. I picked the company that had the best customer service and then I picked the best phone that company offered. Hence, TMO and a Curve 8320. If TMO offered the iPhone, that's probably what I would be carrying.
    10-31-08 07:50 AM
    I don't like it because I'm not a fan of touch screen phones (even though T-Mo's Tocco/T919/Behold is kinda cute). It has a lot of great functions and seems to be a good phone for a good price, but I'm not at the touch screen phase yet. I like feeling actual keys.
    10-31-08 03:53 PM
    its not the iphone i think ppl hate...i think its ATT...i dont like ATT...and the iphone really isnt anything special...its just a phone...and also i dislike the i phone because of the "300 charges" and you have to send the phone back to apple for 2 weeks so they can put a new battery in? i heard that....never reserched it cuz i didnt plan on getting an iphone...but if thats true...thats wack...
    11-03-08 04:11 PM
    I'm not an iPhone hater, I'm an AT&T hater. As a customer using their DSL service, working with their tech support people (assuming you can reach one) is an exercise in futility. I've never experienced such bad customer service than I have with them.

When it came time to buy a smart phone, I evaluated every company out there except AT&T. I picked the company that had the best customer service and then I picked the best phone that company offered. Hence, TMO and a Curve 8320. If TMO offered the iPhone, that's probably what I would be carrying.
    before i posted i didn't read this...but point explained....BOOYA! T-Mobile customers hate ATT i even hated them when they were bell south or whatever!
    11-03-08 04:14 PM
    Its called the blackberry storm!!
    Good were making progress!

I'm glad its not as bad as it seems!

I love my iPhone as a "personal" phone- it entertains me-

I love my Blackberry as a business device- it can handle my work e-mail well, and I get it, when Im supposed to get it, not half an hour later.

If I could SMUSH both phones together I swear it would be the worlds ULTIMATE phone!
    11-03-08 05:41 PM
    I do not have an iPhone but I have used them extensively and I do not hate it. heh

I have plenty of friends with iPhones. But my take on the whole iPhone phenomenon is that people are so ready to accept sub-par for ease-of-access. Now do not flame me before you realize what I am saying. Take MP3's for example: easy to get,easy to share, small in footprint, but very sub-par. They are lossy for God's sake. But they are also extremely popular. It says quite a bit about quality NOT necessarily being the top desire for people.

So back to the iPhone, it is a great little technological device but it does quite a bit of tasks just...pretty well. Not an excellent phone, not an excellent media player, etc. However if anyone can find a single technological device that is an excellent phone, excellent media player and excellent camera all rolled into one then let me know ASAP. As it stands now, I have to have multiple devices if I want that level of quality for all those types of devices. And in the end I believe most people realize that in day-to-day actions they do not necessarily need the excellence of each of those devices but just a readily available and easy-to-use device that is adequate (hence the iPhone and other Smartphones).

Lastly, I think people who compare Blackberries to iPhones are being unrealistic. They are both smartphones but Blackberries, albeit ever changing and entering new markets (i.e. Storm) are known for and perform more for business-oriented uses. You wouldn't go out to purchase a BB solely as a multimedia player. Same with the iPhone, it was made for a different market and demographics and succeeds there.

Ok, sorry for the long-winded post.
    11-04-08 09:56 AM
    Hmm... If this indeed is criticizing the complexity of the iPhone, then wouldn't your wife have an issue calling you and not the other way around? Perhaps I am just being blonde, but this doesn't make sense to me...
    For me, I don't hate the iphone. It's a decent piece of equipment, has some good features and others that are less than appealing. My son uses the iphone and loves it. But for me, it's Blackberry all the way. It has all the features I like, plus additional apps that keep me busy when my boss isn't looking . Every phone has its +'s and -'s. I am Blackberry addict. Iphone doesn't give me the fix I am looking for.
    -cosign
    11-05-08 08:40 AM
    Seriously?

Why hate a phone?

It's a PHONE-

Something you don't need to buy or use-

No one is forcing it on you-

If you like your BB cool! awesomel-

But why do you feel the need to hate a PHONE?

It's pretty comical that people would harbor those kinds of feelings for a PHONE.

If I drive a Chrysler, does that mean I NEED to hate Toyota?

If I drink 7-up, do I need to hate Gatorade?

No, your drinking/driving what you prefer, just dont buy/drink the other one.

~~~~

By communicating your feelings you can free yourself of hatred -

Look deep inside yourself- and make a post-

Relinquish your anger, and come clean.

LOLOL
    as a proud endorser of apple. (inlcudes 3 G5's and 2 G4's running pro tools and final cut along with a mac book and a mac book pro with two ipods)

I must admit Im not super happy with the iphone as a pda device.. it lacks major business functions, Copy and Paste being most important..

I love apple but I feel the iphone is just a sluggish toy.

and yes I even have the apple logo tattooed on me.. Im with em for life..

now the only thing I could say that I hate is

GEORGE BUSH
    and
    WINDOWS PC

thanks..
    11-14-08 05:52 PM
    the iphone is such a good lookin device!!... especially the back/side view! its soo sleek!
    11-17-08 12:11 AM
    For me, the iPhone is a cool device that seems more flashy than functional compared to my bb. I haven't owned an iPhone so my opinion isn't the best i'm sure, so my opinion is based off of Owning a bb curve and playing around with my friend's iPhone here and there. As far as entertainment and cool looks i'd prefer the iphone. The one thing right away i didn't like about the iPhone is the keyboard, has no feel at all to it so you're forced to stare at the screen while you type. Typing without looking isn't really that easy on my curve, but possible, and dragging my fingers over another key doesn't type that key, like on the iPhone. I also like the size of my curve better, the iPhone seems a little large. According to my friend you can only get apps through the apple store, which I see as having positive and negative qualities. I'd have to say I like being able to replace the battery in my BB without sending it into apple lol. I haven't ever really "used" an iPhone for all the things i do on my BB, so i don't know much about the technical aspects of the iPhone.

In short I like both, but as of now would prefer my BB.
    11-22-08 06:12 PM
123 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD