For me, the iPhone is a cool device that seems more flashy than functional compared to my bb. I haven't owned an iPhone so my opinion isn't the best i'm sure, so my opinion is based off of Owning a bb curve and playing around with my friend's iPhone here and there. As far as entertainment and cool looks i'd prefer the iphone. The one thing right away i didn't like about the iPhone is the keyboard, has no feel at all to it so you're forced to stare at the screen while you type. Typing without looking isn't really that easy on my curve, but possible, and dragging my fingers over another key doesn't type that key, like on the iPhone. I also like the size of my curve better, the iPhone seems a little large. According to my friend you can only get apps through the apple store, which I see as having positive and negative qualities. I'd have to say I like being able to replace the battery in my BB without sending it into apple lol. I haven't ever really "used" an iPhone for all the things i do on my BB, so i don't know much about the technical aspects of the iPhone.

In short I like both, but as of now would prefer my BB.
    I feel exactly the same here... IPhone is just a flashy device compared to my BB which has my needs. I don't hate the IPhone, I just think I hate my friends and family around me that walk around w/their IPhone's that think that they are all of a sudden the coolest people in the world because of it, ha,ha!!! It's freakin' annoying!!!
    11-22-08 08:38 PM
    Hi
    I made the switch from the curve to the iphone, and back again to the blackberry bold.The Iphone has great internet, great apps, but poor sound quality and texting that is error prone and takes forever.I'm glad to be back with Blackberry.If I phone every came out with a qwerty keyboard,I would probably switch again.....until then, it's Blackberry all the way.
    11-23-08 02:25 PM
    I feel exactly the same here... IPhone is just a flashy device compared to my BB which has my needs. I don't hate the IPhone, I just think I hate my friends and family around me that walk around w/their IPhone's that think that they are all of a sudden the coolest people in the world because of it, ha,ha!!! It's freakin' annoying!!!
    Sounds like you're jealous of them.
    11-23-08 02:30 PM
    I hate it because it's so overrated.
    11-23-08 02:39 PM
    I couldn't use an iPhone if I didn't hate AT&T. I have no desire to sacrifice my nails just to have a flashy phone. Having said that, I agree that it is kinda silly to hate a phone. But I feel justified in hating a phone company. LOL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 02:42 PM
    See I went from an iphone, to a blackbeery curve, I loved my iphone but I had nothing but problems, now I will admit I am at time careless with my phone but the iphone (non 3g) was an amazing phone, no matter what I did it it didn't break, but in the long run it never held charge and my screen had issues after 5 replacements apple and AT&T took my phone back and then I got my curve then switched to verizon, I never have and never wil miss and iphone

11-23-08 02:51 PM
    Well most people dont hate the Iphone they hate the users all of them(or most of them) act as if they have a device that God/Allah made and gave it to them but before giving it to them he told them: show off act like a creep and remember your phone will always be the best!!....True I had two of those phones but to me they were just that A PHONE the first one was boring I mean besides the Youtube deal and Ipod well that was it, the 3g was ok but dealing with the people at the Apple store and/or Att reps was a huge turn off.
    What I liked from them both:
    Size.
    Fun factor.
    Re sell factor(u can make money??).
    Speed.
    Since I love cases and stuff like that well I was in heaven.
    Browsing the web....wow(assuming u had Wi-Fi).
    What I hate about it
    I know I got screwed by ATT(paid $40.00 data plan).
    Voice quality(only on the first gen).
    Bad signal in my house.
    People giving me stuff to show off my Iphone(a neck thing that had a pouch for it).
    Cheap feeling(only on 3g).
    It falls, it dies.
    07-06-09 03:00 AM
    I think the iPhone is great, at&T, thats what I hate! They are a total joke compared to vzw...... The truth hurts!
    07-06-09 05:49 AM
    I think the iPhone is great, at&T, thats what I hate! They are a total joke compared to vzw...... The truth hurts!
    Depending on where you live. For my area, AT&T has been outstanding.

07-06-09 12:54 PM
    Seriously?

Why hate a phone?

It's a PHONE-

Something you don't need to buy or use-

No one is forcing it on you-

If you like your BB cool! awesomel-

But why do you feel the need to hate a PHONE?

It's pretty comical that people would harbor those kinds of feelings for a PHONE.

If I drive a Chrysler, does that mean I NEED to hate Toyota?

If I drink 7-up, do I need to hate Gatorade?

No, your drinking/driving what you prefer, just dont buy/drink the other one.

~~~~

By communicating your feelings you can free yourself of hatred -

Look deep inside yourself- and make a post-

Relinquish your anger, and come clean.

LOLOL
    I don't think most people who don't own an iphone truly hates it. I think a lot of us suffer from "loyalty to your own group" syndrome. We bash others and things generally outside the group to show loyalty. Its really stupid, but its true. The iphone is a great device with a few shortcomings that non-iphone users like to take advantage of. But BBs, Palms, any WM device, HTCs, they all have shortcomings. There are a lot of iphone users that seem to be "haters" too.

09-07-09 12:55 AM
    I don't hate the iphone but I dislike the pride, attitude, and extreme woarship that comes with it.
    09-07-09 01:01 AM
    I just dont see what all the hype is about
    09-07-09 02:17 AM
    I don't hate the iphone but I dislike the pride, attitude, and extreme woarship that comes with it.
    And that doesn't exist with Blackberry???
    09-07-09 08:52 AM
    Lol, is that really the best excuse you have? But yet there are 1,520,626 Blackberry members on this board? Lol. Now, thats laughable.
    09-07-09 09:32 AM
    And Storm/BlackBerry users don't have this pride? Give me a break this goes for every device.
    Last edited by avt123; 09-07-09 at 04:29 PM.
    09-07-09 04:24 PM
    I don't know what to think about it. I'm with verizon so I can't get one, but I would probably get one if they were on verizon. Mabye not though. I think I would miss the holster feature on blackberrys.
    09-07-09 04:30 PM
    I do not hate the iPhone. I know several people who have one, and it offers some nice features. It just does not offer the features that I want.

I am not a fan of touch screen only phones, anyway. So I would not want a Storm either. I would be more apt to consider something like the G1 or HTC Touch Pro, since they also have QWERTY keyboards.
    09-07-09 05:58 PM
    I previously used the iPhone for a while before buying a BB, and I just found it to difficult to type with the iPhone. But all in all, I guess I'm quite okay with the iPhone. I don't hate it.
    09-07-09 09:36 PM
    And that doesn't exist with Blackberry???
    You are right. This is a trait of a lot of BB users as well. For every iphone user that touts its fantastic existence, you will find four more BB users doing the same thing. I love my Bold and I tell everyone that asks that it is the best device I have ever owned. But I can say that the iphone 3GS is the best phone I have never had. Evry time I pick one up I want it. I really like the iphone. I have read all of the posts on this thread and was taken abck by some of the bashing of Apple and the iphone. I really like Apple products. I don't own any of them anymore, but it doesn't mean that they aren't great products. What I like about Apple is that they have a feel for the aesthetics. Everything they produce is designed to be "eye candy" which is not a bad thing in my opinion. I like cool looking devices. I like the extra detail of the apps on the iphone. It makes it glamorous. What a lot of people who aren't iphone users don't want to admit is that is is a killer device. I don't own one, but I can say that from my experience handling them from time to time. I also think that it is unfair to call the iphone a toy. Especially considering that the current trend in mobile phones is to attract younger people with multimedia functions. If you look at the BB app world, the largest number of applications available in any single category is in the games section. There are just as many useless apps in the app world as there are in the app store. To be honest, there are a lot of Berry users that don't use their phines for business, but boast the business aspect of the device. I use my Bold at work, but we don't use BES. I usually ony use the calendar, task lists, memo pads, and address book for work related tasks. As far as I know, the iphone offers thede features and so do most smartphones. I think that we have a tendency to become petty when giving our two cents about devices. How can you call one of the most innovative devices in our generation a toy or a piece of garbage. The iphone and ipod have become icons, just as BlackBerrys have. Whatever smartphone you have you should appreciate if it works for you. But we shouldn't bash anyone else's choices because it works for them. Just my two cents.

09-08-09 12:40 AM

The network, of course!
    09-08-09 12:47 AM
    Interesting reading the earlier posts on this thread. I didn't hate the iPhone - it was a gorgeous device with the most amazing display and browser experience ever.
    What I could not stand anymore was the battery. I bought one because in reading everything it did, it seemed like the most amazing device ever. What I found out, in the month that I had it, was that in order to get the battery to last just short of two days I had to turn off all the features that made me want it in the first place.
    And what I did dislike intensely was that when I mentioned the problems I was experiencing, some Apple folks acted as if I was too stupid to comprehend that 1) all I need to do was to jailbreak my phone 2) I was too stupid to realize that I should take whatever workarounds were necessary and accept the terrible battery life. I had one person ridicule me by saying that after all, battery life is not such a big deal, because all I had to do is keep the phone plugged in. WTF?!?!? It's a phone, designed for my convenience, not the other way around. It's a phone, it's supposed to be mobile and not tethered at all hours to a computer. Lastly, it's a phone, not a lifelong committment similar to a marriage.
    So no, it's not the phone that I hate - it's the fact that the hype would have you believe that this phone can do everything 100% of the time - but everyone forgot to mention that "time" was a relative term, measured in 36 hour blocks between charges.
    I took it back. I miss the display and the browser. BBerry's browser sucks. But at least I have a phone that I can use, whose battery I can change myself, from a company that doesn't continue to devise workarounds in order to get this gorgeous phone to work. Having turned off all the features to get the battery to last, I ended up with the functinality of an entry level phone - no 3G, no push mail, gorgeous albeit very dark display, no multitasking.....
    Kept my Bold. Glad of it. Oh, and I also had an HTC, and a Blackjack, and a Curve, and a Moto Q. My choice of BBerry was easy, after I got one issued from work. For me, the best device I've ever had and the one I will stay with - until something comes along that does everything the BBErry does, with the same battery life as my Bold, and the gorgeous display and browser of the iPhone...
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 09-08-09 at 11:26 AM. Reason: didn't complete last sentence
    09-08-09 10:24 AM
    The difference is that a Blackberry is a phone with "computer features"

The iPhone is a computer, with "phone features"

It does suck that battery life isn't up to par but i deal with it.

the 3GS has better battery life btw..
    09-08-09 01:44 PM
    My bf has the iphone what I like about it is the apps, but other then that I dont like typing on the screen, between the iphone and my BB im so happy I got my curve
    09-08-09 03:06 PM
123 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD