I'm in the process of deciding on which phone/system to go to when I'm ready to upgrade. Currently using a BB 9700 and have some minor issues with Gmail on it as well as repeating alarms for a calendar event so I am not sure if I want to go to the rumored 9780 coming soon. I've had the 3g for a while before going back to the Blackberry but curious about the iPhone 4, some people have said it's not worth the upgrade cost and to just get the 3gs. The things that bothered me about the iPhone were the calender app, it seemed like on every entry point I was going back and forth between input and the new event (kept having to hit the back arrow) while on the BB you basically just went up and down the screen and your done. I also didn't like the lack of sound profiles on the phone. If I could find out why you switched from BB to the iPhone and find out how it's been since the switch it would be appreciated.
    10-29-10 03:24 PM
    Personally I think I just got bored with my BB 9700. The only thing I really used the browser for was reading the CB forums and looking stuff up on Google. I was constantly downloading themes, which I think was due to the boredom. I switched to the iPhone 4 in August and haven't looked back. I jailbroke (is it a word?) it before upgrading to 4.1, but haven't bothered doing it again yet. My husband wants to get me an iPad because I'm ALWAYS on my iPhone now. Wasn't a huge Facebook/Twitter fan until I got the iPhone. (The BB Facebook app just plain sucked, imo.)

I was a little spoiled by the battery life on the 9700 but can go a full 24 hours of heavy use without a charge. I always thought the call quality was superb on the BB and have found it to be equally good on the iPhone 4. It's, of course, a completely personal preference. I can honestly say that for me, it is the best phone "I've" ever owned.

Hope that helps some!
    Last edited by brindaarnold; 10-29-10 at 03:36 PM.
    10-29-10 03:34 PM
    Long time berry user, recently switched to the i4 (3 months ago). This is the ONLY device I would have left my 9700 for. I absolutely love my i4, and Im very picky about my devices. The i4s UI and screen are the best in the industry. Everything works the way it's supposed to, and works WELL.
    10-29-10 07:26 PM
    Long time berry user, recently switched to the i4 (3 months ago). This is the ONLY device I would have left my 9700 for. I absolutely love my i4, and Im very picky about my devices. The i4s UI and screen are the best in the industry. Everything works the way it's supposed to, and works WELL.
    iPhones are pretty slick. Had a 3GS last year. I have always liked them and will continue to recommend them. I don't currently use one because I'm just a fan of the BB messaging system. I would say that the iPhone is the second best overall smartphone behind the EVO. And it is by far the best looking device I have ever seen. Anyone who has one is a lucky person.
    11-01-10 08:40 PM
    ^^^ Well put D. I had a 3G right before I got my i4, and it's like night and day. If I wasn't hooked on this i4, I would still be using my 9700, it was a superb device also.
    11-02-10 07:00 AM
    iPhones are pretty slick. Had a 3GS last year. I have always liked them and will continue to recommend them. I don't currently use one because I'm just a fan of the BB messaging system. I would say that the iPhone is the second best overall smartphone behind the EVO. And it is by far the best looking device I have ever seen. Anyone who has one is a lucky person.
    I would put the iPhone 4 ahead of the EVO, only because the EVO has serious, serious battery issues (not to mention better resolution). I know people with EVO's that have to turn them off (to conserve battery from what they say) during short periods of the day to make it through. If you want to say well the EVO has extended batteries well so does the iPhone (Mophie for about the same).

Keep in mind most people with iPhone's and EVO's are not like us, they wouldn't or couldn't care about dimming the brightness, turning wi-fi off etc; they just want to use the device period.
    11-02-10 09:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD