If you need to hear what other people say about the iPhone vs the blackberry, it's really not worth it. What's important to you? Communication or recreation? Where BB would be communication and the iPhone is recreation. You already have a BB, get a iPod touch and be done with it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    im not sure what you mean by this post.. because with an iPhone you can communicate just as well as with a BB. the only difference is having BB messenger. **** my iPhone is much more reliable about making calls than my Storm was because of the Storm's flawed OS. Also, email on my iPhone is better, easier to navigate, and easier to use than on the BB. AND real threaded SMS plus a touchscreen keyboard that i GUARANTEE i can type faster than anyone can on a Storm. I can FLY on the iPhone keyboard. So again, im not really sure what other areas of communication im missing here.. the Facebook app KILLS the BB facebook app, and there are a thousand different and refined twitter clients for the iPhone. Twiterrific >>>>> Twitterberry. Not that communication isnt a BB's strong suit they both work well but the iPhone is much better for my personal usage..
    08-07-09 07:05 PM
    im not sure what you mean by this post.. because with an iPhone you can communicate just as well as with a BB. the only difference is having BB messenger. **** my iPhone is much more reliable about making calls than my Storm was because of the Storm's flawed OS. Also, email on my iPhone is better, easier to navigate, and easier to use than on the BB. AND real threaded SMS plus a touchscreen keyboard that i GUARANTEE i can type faster than anyone can on a Storm. I can FLY on the iPhone keyboard. So again, im not really sure what other areas of communication im missing here.. the Facebook app KILLS the BB facebook app, and there are a thousand different and refined twitter clients for the iPhone. Twiterrific >>>>> Twitterberry. Not that communication isnt a BB's strong suit they both work well but the iPhone is much better for my personal usage..
    +1!!!

while the iphone's biggest flaw is lack of multitasking i would not say it is not good at communicating. i would love to have an iphone messenger for itouch and iphone users that would be sweet.

when comparing touchscreen to touchscreen the iphone has two major flaws
    -no multitasking (unless jailbroken)
    -push is just becoming usable but has a ways to go.

and i hope they implement mms soon but emailing the media is just as easy
    08-07-09 07:24 PM
    Want to hear something funny? I was at a convention the other day and everyone had some sort of blackberry. The last time I strolled the halls of my college, every one had an i phone. Interesting huh?
    yea you will see a lot of younger people with iphones but i have seen a lot of conventions with iphone's and BB's.

what is remarkable i think people over look is how one device on one network(in u.s. and sister networks throughout the world) has managed to take on the biggest names in smartphones and for the most part outsell them.i mean the curve series beat it in Q2 by reports but it took to models of a device offered on virtually every mobile network across the world to beat it. A feat that i think deserves recognition.

but i am rather sick of everyone acting like the iphone is a status symbol because it not!!!! please people stop its just a damn phone!!!! it does not make you cool!!!! and if it did make you cool you lost that by acting like it made you cool haha!!!!
    08-07-09 07:28 PM
    Blackberry"s specialize in communication in every form and the iphone does communication well, but not as quick or efficiently as the blackberry IMO. I've had both and I prefer blackberry. And this is about the tour, not the lolstorm. I've owned both on multiple occasions, and even tried to go back to the iphone after a bit, but always ending up coming back to blackberry. But I do see where you're coming from, no doubt. But different strokes for different folks.

08-07-09 08:22 PM
    but i am rather sick of everyone acting like the iphone is a status symbol because it not!!!! please people stop its just a damn phone!!!! it does not make you cool!!!! and if it did make you cool you lost that by acting like it made you cool haha!!!!
    The iPhone is no longer a status symbol.

Everyone and their foodstamp using sister has one.

They're practically free.

A BlackBerry used to be a status symbol too-

But now everyone and their foodstamp using mother has one too-

08-08-09 08:50 AM
    i didnt read any of the responses... just so you know, i am about to leave my iphone for a BB, why you wonder? well
    1st and most importantly AT&T is awful, dropped calls, dead zones, spotty 3G service and its way over priced.
    in regards to the iphone: im on my 6th device in 11 months... yes 6
    1 had a white screen of death
    4 would not hold charges for more then 3 hours
    1 had a busted speaker
    and all of them would freeze up, safari would close 3 out of 5 times, apps would crash the phone
    apps--- you think they may be cool, maybe worth it
    no, out of the 100000000 or so only about 35 are useful and worth it and you can find them all on the BB
    and no MMS -- its coming? yea who knows when
    stick with BB
    08-08-09 09:02 AM
    I have both iphone and Blackberry. They are both great phones. The blackberry underachieve in internet browsing. This is the only bad thing I can say about it ...I have a bold. The OS will improve soon enough. I am frustrated with the browsing experience. At one point I thought it may be my settings. Iphone is more user friendly in the set up.
    08-08-09 10:09 AM
    even though i don't own a iphone (but want one badly) i can only go by what i've read about it.one of the other cons is that hackers have admitted that the iphone is the easiest phone to hack, a simple SMS text message will take over the phone plus i've also read that the 3gs has a insane habit of overheating which of course can cause damage to the hardware since it looks like there doesn't seem to be any vent holes to cool the little monster down fast enough & i think you have to JB it in order to get good application including themes which of course sucks cause it voids the warranty.these are the only few reasons why i wouldn't buy one.

i would buy one cause:

they seem to be pretty damn rigid and sturdy.
    excellent TSS technology (touch sensitive screen) (i've played around with 1 in my local wal-mart)
    from what i've heard they have good customer service.
    oh & once JB it can do any damn thing you want it to do
    Last edited by whowhat; 08-08-09 at 10:59 AM.
    08-08-09 10:51 AM
    even though i don't own a iphone (but want one badly) i can only go by what i've read about it.one of the other cons is that hackers have admitted that the iphone is the easiest phone to hack, a simple SMS text message will take over the phone plus
    This nasty little quirk in the OS was already addressed with an OS update issued last weekend, in 3.0.1

i've also read that the 3gs has a insane habit of overheating which of course can cause damage to the hardware
    My iPhone has yet to overheat, but I have yet to take it tanning with me
    08-08-09 11:13 AM
    even though i don't own a iphone (but want one badly) i can only go by what i've read about it.one of the other cons is that hackers have admitted that the iphone is the easiest phone to hack, a simple SMS text message will take over the phone plus i've also read that the 3gs has a insane habit of overheating which of course can cause damage to the hardware since it looks like there doesn't seem to be any vent holes to cool the little monster down fast enough & i think you have to JB it in order to get good application including themes which of course sucks cause it voids the warranty.these are the only few reasons why i wouldn't buy one.

i would buy one cause:

they seem to be pretty damn rigid and sturdy.
    excellent TSS technology (touch sensitive screen) (i've played around with 1 in my local wal-mart)
    from what i've heard they have good customer service.
    oh & once JB it can do any damn thing you want it to do

It wasn't a simple SMS... I think the number was about 512 straight SMS messages in which turning it off and back on would break it. I'm not sure about you, but I see just 10 of those bad boys and I'm power cycling.

It also wasn't just iPhones, it was other smartphones as well; Android, WinMo and I believe BlackBerry at one point (could be wrong about RIM, but I remember it effecting them as well).
    08-08-09 01:47 PM
    It wasn't a simple SMS... I think the number was about 512 straight SMS messages in which turning it off and back on would break it. I'm not sure about you, but I see just 10 of those bad boys and I'm power cycling.

It also wasn't just iPhones, it was other smartphones as well; Android, WinMo and I believe BlackBerry at one point (could be wrong about RIM, but I remember it effecting them as well).
    yea iphone caught the most flak for this but the hack was actually shown to work on all smartphones.
    08-08-09 04:53 PM
    i didnt read any of the responses... just so you know, i am about to leave my iphone for a BB, why you wonder? well
    1st and most importantly AT&T is awful, dropped calls, dead zones, spotty 3G service and its way over priced.
    1 had a busted speaker
    and all of them would freeze up, safari would close 3 out of 5 times, apps would crash the phone
    no, out of the 100000000 or so only about 35 are useful and worth it and you can find them all on the BB
    stick with BB
    If you are planning on switching from AT&T because of bad service you may not have to... I had an iPhone and was going to switch to Verizon because I literally could not keep a conversation on my phone but I gave them a second chance figuring I could just return the phone within 30 days and I switched to the Bold and now I pretty much have bars everywhere my iPhone didn't... which was pretty much everywhere...
    08-08-09 05:01 PM
    bottom line when u jaibreak an iphone there is no phone that come close
    08-14-09 12:14 PM
    Exactly!

Before 3.0, I bet MOST people would have put, no copy and paste or MMS messaging.

I think people are running out of ideas of why you shouldn't get an iPhone.

Just get one, you'll love it.

One thing you don't have to worry about: running out of memory and hard resetting your phone, haha.
    08-14-09 08:24 PM
    If you are using a Mac the switch to an iPhone 3GS its awesome because everything syncs effortlessly with the Mac apps. The only drawback to iPones/iPod Touches is that if you don't do a hard shut down on the device it will start randomly exiting out of applications/songs while you are using the device....something that can be REALLY annoying when your in the middle of some intense cardio!
    08-15-09 09:25 AM
    Blackberry vs. iPhone is a never ending argument.

The blackberry is a very reliable phone when it comes to voice quality, security, and stability. But, then you have the iPhone which is the kind of multimedia phones when it comes to web browsing, video, and music playback.

It all depends on your needs. Email is ok on both. It looks nicer and supports full HTML on iPhone, but blackberry is good for push and email security.
    08-15-09 11:19 AM
    +1 there is no question there..

Also, about the overheating, I am not sure why people are having these issues.. my 3Gs goes to the beach with me every time i go (I live in Florida)and plays music the entire time either through the iPod or streaming from Pandora.. Talk about hot. I do keep it out of direct sunlight for extended periods of time, but that overheats ANY phone. My storm overheated SO many times in my car and such.. The 3Gs has never overheated. Plus its do dang fast. I mean honestly, a BB is a joke when comparing browsers. And apps. And OS. And Ease of Use. And speed. And customization. And ease of integration (with a Mac). And memory. And reliability. have i said too much?
    08-15-09 02:02 PM
    1 had a busted speaker
    stick with BB
    Im calling troll on this one. ^

Were you buying your iPhone's from pawn shops or what? iPhone's have the highest customer satisfaction ratings of any smartphone. Obviously theyve sold over 1 billion apps because only 35 are useful. Good Call. And sense when did MMS become a pivotal point in NOT buying a phone. EMAIL THE PICTURE NO BIG DEAL!!! MMS is wayyyyy overrated when its so silky easy smooth to email pics with the iPhone. There is no way that someone is going to base their entire decision on whether to buy a BB or an iPhone on the fact that the BB can MMS...
    08-15-09 02:10 PM
    BB Messengerrrrrrrrrr!!!
    08-23-09 04:11 AM
    The blackberry is a very reliable phone when it comes to voice quality...
    Hahahahhahhaha! My last 4 Tour's have sounded like ****. I have a 4 yr old Moto Razr V3C that put them all to shame when comparing VM messages to myself. I've got Tour #5 on the way and if it doesn't fix the issue, I'm going to activate the Razr and call it a day.
    08-24-09 06:23 AM
    You would gain a company that is HIgh on Censorship and blocks useful apps, just because.
    08-24-09 06:26 AM
    What would I be gaining if I left my tour and switched to AT&T for the iphone 3GS? I know I would lose the OTA downloads, but I would gain TONS of apps which would be the main reason I would switch. Please try to convince me
    I understand your apprehension. I had a blackberry bold and I was also hesitant to switch, but I did and it was the best choice I have ever made. I had always wondered about the iPhone and had several chances to get one but I never pulled the trigger, I alwYs went with the blackberry. But I decided to try it because I really wanted a touchscreen. I figured that if I didn't like it that I could take it back and probably get the storm. I am loving this phone more with evry passing day. All of the negative comments I heard about the iPhone are untrue. Try it and see for yourself. That's my best advice.

09-20-09 09:23 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD