I have a storm and I am happy with it...I have so used the iphone and feel that it is also a solid phone...
    But I have heard the iphone called a toy many times on this site...why?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-09 11:18 AM
    Because of the ample non work related abilities that the I-phone lends it's self to. One might say that more time and thought has been put into the entertainment side of the I-phone and not as much too the phone part. Either way it's just what you want out of a phone. Personally I like to have fun and work too. But hey I have a lightsaber and a fart app on my storm. Ahhh it kills me everytime. If I could get someone to play with me I'd have sex dice too, but as of right now it would just mock me.
    06-08-09 11:27 AM
    I don't consider the iPhone a toy at all. Just because it has the abilities to be a fun device does not make it a toy. People are still able to use the iPhone in the work place.

06-08-09 11:34 AM
    I don't consider the iPhone a toy at all. Just because it has the abilities to be a fun device does not make it a toy. People are still able to use the iPhone in the work place.

Exactly.. I consider a Ferrari a toy also, but it also get's the job done when it needs to..

My company has alot of iPhones in the workplace.. from the lowly retail worker all the way up to some of our Presidents.
    06-08-09 11:49 AM
    What does a bb do that a I phone doesn't work wise.?

06-08-09 11:49 AM

Edit/open office documents.
    06-08-09 11:51 AM

The only thing that BBs can do that iPhones can't is PUSH email for all email services and have a physical keyboard.
    06-08-09 11:52 AM
    Exactly.. I consider a Ferrari a toy also, but it also get's the job done when it needs to..

My company has alot of iPhones in the workplace.. from the lowly retail worker all the way up to some of our Presidents.
    Intelligence lives in CB... Who knew! lol

But, it's true. Most people who will talk down on the iPhone are just FANBOYS of another device. Apple did the iPhone right. Ok, Yeah It took them three years to allow MMS and other basic functions, But sure enough they're doing it..

Watch out for the new one coming up!
    06-08-09 11:52 AM
    It does not have BBM.
    06-08-09 11:55 AM
    I can't wait to see the new one...I can't wait for the new BB either...keep em rolling out.

06-08-09 11:56 AM
    It does not have BBM.
    Oh yeah good point, forgot about that. Although I really don't see the big deal about BBM, what's wrong with just using chat clients like AIM or even texting? Just me though.
    06-08-09 11:59 AM
    Intelligence lives in CB... Who knew! lol

But, it's true. Most people who will talk down on the iPhone are just FANBOYS of another device. Apple did the iPhone right. Ok, Yeah It took them three years to allow MMS and other basic functions, But sure enough they're doing it..

Watch out for the new one coming up!
    MMS has been available since the 1st gen iPhone, you just need to tinker with your phone a little.

Honestly, I think BBs are very overrated, even though I just sold my iPhone. I love the BB keyboard too much, but as far as OS goes, I prefer my jailbroken iPhone any day. Plus with the new iPhone coming out, I think it's a good time to sell my 3g and save up for the new one.
    06-08-09 12:01 PM
    Oh yeah good point, forgot about that. Although I really don't see the big deal about BBM, what's wrong with just using chat clients like AIM or even texting? Just me though.
    You can use Yahoo, AIM all you like. But you have to keep in mind that not everyone that has a BB had a Yahoo or AIM account (like myself). My wife and I use BBM like it was all the time. If not more then the TV remote, lol. Beats the 160 max that is set on SMS.
    06-08-09 12:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD