There is no way Apple is going to charge more money for a smaller tablet.
    I will not take that bet. But I was more making the point it doesn't matter what they do the fans will buy it no matter what.
    12-23-11 10:31 AM
    I will not take that bet. But I was more making the point it doesn't matter what they do the fans will buy it no matter what.
    Agreed. But, it's pretty easy to see why. Both the iPad and iPhone have satisfaction rate over 80% (iPhone 4s was at 96%). With results like that, users have come to expect that they get what they pay for.

With that being said, there is no way I would pay more money for a smaller tablet. Unless it offers a higher resolution screen and better specs I doubt they will charge more. This tablet is suppose to compete directly with the other 7inch tablets. It will at least be a little cheaper than the 10inch iPad.
    12-23-11 11:18 AM
    Agreed. But, it's pretty easy to see why. Both the iPad and iPhone have satisfaction rate over 80% (iPhone 4s was at 96%). With results like that, users have come to expect that they get what they pay for.

With that being said, there is no way I would pay more money for a smaller tablet. Unless it offers a higher resolution screen and better specs I doubt they will charge more. This tablet is suppose to compete directly with the other 7inch tablets. It will at least be a little cheaper than the 10inch iPad.
    True but I may bet that it will be more expensive than its size rivals.
    12-23-11 11:40 AM
    True but I may bet that it will be more expensive than its size rivals.
    There are 7 inch tabs priced as high as the iPad now, so I don't think it will. It will be more expensive than some of them, sure. However, it will also sell a lot more even if it is priced higher than some of them. People know the iPad. The smaller version will be no different.
    12-23-11 12:01 PM
    Not true. Apple has had sales failures (Newton, Pippin, G4 Cube). Furthermore, current Apple sales are due to a significant number of new users that cannot be classified as fans so Apple cannot cater only to the diehard fan base.

Companies could get away with charging more for ultraportables vs laptops but I don't think Apple would take that strategy with smaller tablets. There isn't enough diffentiation between sizes. Pricing would be interesting. I can't imagine it would be as cheap as current 7" tablets but OTOH the original iPad threw competitors for a loop because of its aggressive pricing.
    12-23-11 01:41 PM
    Nice article, but they missed at least a half-dozen other reasons...
    12-23-11 02:27 PM
    No,i love my ipad,why hate it.
    12-30-11 02:06 AM
    My mom has an iPad 2. I was playing around with it during Christmas time and I feel in love. It made me want to go shopping for a tablet.
    12-30-11 10:34 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD