12-17-11 01:12 PM
    Very good article with a lot of truth. Apple released the iPad at just the right time.
    12-17-11 01:28 PM
    The author also forgot to include the original iPad users hate the iPad 2 as well.

It's interesting to read the comments from the Cult of Mac users...Steve Jobs forgot to say that traditional businesses won't like the post-PC era.
    12-17-11 01:31 PM
    Really great article. A 7.85-inch iPad sold at $199 would kill Amazon. Heck, I'm getting a Kindle Fire for Christmas and I'd still probably spend $200 to get the new iPad, if what that article stated is true.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk
    12-17-11 01:44 PM
    I love my iPad. And it has replaced 95% of what I needed from a computer. Recently I went TDY and used my iPad to write papers and presentations. I think the article is well written and factually correct.

I know the price is high, but I feel as if I've gotten my money out of it. And if I lost it today,I would go straight out and purchse another.
    12-17-11 08:40 PM
    It is interesting to read the impact across several user bases. I know two of my big enterprise clients that are rolling out iPads to their entire sales staff. 9,000 at one client and 3,500 at another. They found that their sales staff saw an increase in productivity that was beyond their expectations.

Apple never enters a market first, even though it seems they invented the space. Their marketing always makes you think they invented the smartphone or tablet but hardly the case. For whatever reason, probably a combination of their design, hardware, OS, and marketing, it just seems like they have been doing it forever.

At the end of the day, there will be Windows tablets, iPads, and the Kindle.
    12-17-11 08:55 PM
    because the ipad is overrated my friend . thats why i believe.
    12-18-11 09:52 PM
    because the ipad is overrated my friend . thats why i believe.
    What flavor Kool-Aid are you drinking ?
    12-19-11 01:28 AM
    Really great article. A 7.85-inch iPad sold at $199 would kill Amazon. Heck, I'm getting a Kindle Fire for Christmas and I'd still probably spend $200 to get the new iPad, if what that article stated is true.

Heck, I would be interested in that, Fire is nice but most of the Amazon services are not available in UK and I already have a Kindle 3G and love it, best feature it has is the text to speech, I've listened to quite a few books already while driving without paying for audiobooks( voice sounds exactly like Siri's voice)
    moiselles likes this.
    12-19-11 03:58 AM
    Heck, I would be interested in that, Fire is nice but most of the Amazon services are not available in UK and I already have a Kindle 3G and love it, best feature it has is the text to speech, I've listened to quite a few books already while driving without paying for audiobooks( voice sounds exactly like Siri's voice)
    i have only read bad things on the fire.... hard to use in direct sunlight.... a friend of the family has already had two of them due to issues
    12-19-11 11:30 AM
    i have only read bad things on the fire.... hard to use in direct sunlight.... a friend of the family has already had two of them due to issues
    Not the Kindle Fire, the Kindle 3G Ereader
    12-19-11 12:17 PM
    Not the Kindle Fire, the Kindle 3G Ereader
    i understand that ... i was just stating the fact that the kindle fire isnt getting good reviews right now
    12-19-11 01:28 PM

If it weren't for some other holiday shopping, I would have gotten a playbook. I can't really bash the space the ipad shares with android and qnx, but some of it's limitations are utterly frustrating; the safari browser crashing is downright annoying and the limited usefulness of the device unless one has a data plan is downright infuriating.

Why I like the ipad and it's ilk; these mobile devices have created new opportunities for entrepreneurs.
    12-19-11 07:27 PM
    I like my ipad! But of course I like my PlayBook and my Kindle Fire too!
    12-19-11 09:26 PM
    Not me (raising my hand) , I have No problems with the ipad, iphone or apple in general. I just like Blackberry products better. Its just like the product war that nike and reebok had a few years ago. To each his/her own
    Last edited by spencerdl; 12-19-11 at 09:37 PM.
    kbz1960 and jamesbondOO7 like this.
    12-19-11 09:35 PM
    Interesting article. I'm reading the Steve Jobs novel now. I was never an Apple fan until recently (I just had an old iPod and an iTouch that I never used that was a gift). What it stresses is that the consumers don't really need this stuff to be cheap. They'll buy good stuff and pay for it. Some companies don't get that. I think Blackberry makes too much cheap stuff. Now Kindle is trying to be cheap. We bought an original Kindle and it wasn't cheap, but it served a niche (ebooks). When you go cheap I think people get suspicious and wonder why so cheap, there's probably something wrong with it. Apple doesn't do cheap, they never did. Their focus is the product, not the price. Make it right and the folks will find the money to buy it. When I had BB phones I didn't care about the price, I cared whether the phone was cool and did stuff I wanted. Screw the price.
    12-20-11 12:08 PM
    I own an ipad2 ... There arent many things you can do with it ... I can't say that I hate it though
    12-22-11 08:13 PM
    I own an ipad2 ... There arent many things you can do with it ... I can't say that I hate it though
    Really? So all the doctors, colleges, schools, lawyers, travelers and other business's can find a use for it, but you can't?
    12-22-11 09:23 PM
    Admittedly, I've benefited from the advent of the iPad and the tablet industry overall. I've waited for quite a while, now, to own a laptop computer. The tablet industry has so affected the market that I could finally afford the price of a decent laptop, a nicely refurbished IBM/Lenovo that new went for at least $1300 when it was new. And I'm still improving it as the days pass.

iPads are popular, and useful, but they still cannot completely replace a computer at this time, and I need one for more things than internet access and games.
    12-22-11 09:55 PM
    Really? So all the doctors, colleges, schools, lawyers, travelers and other business's can find a use for it, but you can't?
    If you have an app that you use on the device or want to surf, with 60% of the functionality of a laptop, these tables are great. But they are limited in their functionality and if you can work with the limitations the device will work for you. It has nothing to do with the profession and everything to do with accepting the limitations.
    12-23-11 08:51 AM
    I thought everyone loved the ipad? /sarcasm
    12-23-11 09:04 AM
    I like my iPad. I agree that there is not a lot one can do with it. I cannot sync Outlook and I cannot download videos from iTunes directly on to it, I have to go through my PC. I love reading books and magazines with it, play Pinball HD and browse the internet (none Flash sites of course, so a bit limited) when at home. I store very little on it as I find extremely difficult to manage files on that device.
    12-23-11 09:14 AM
    There is no way Apple sells a 7.85" ipad for only $200, that would kill the bigger iPad sales. Think about it, you could get TWO 7.85" iPads and still have $100 to spare vice buying the bigger one. If it's true about the smaller iPad, I would say they go no lower than $300, and most likely it will be $400.
    12-23-11 09:57 AM
    No they will market it as advanced tech that cost more due to making things smaller but more powerful and will charge more for it and you will be happy to pay for it just because you always do.
    jamesbondOO7 likes this.
    12-23-11 10:03 AM
    No they will market it as advanced tech that cost more due to making things smaller but more powerful and will charge more for it and you will be happy to pay for it just because you always do.
    There is no way Apple is going to charge more money for a smaller tablet.
    12-23-11 10:10 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD