Hey,

While currently using multiple platforms over the past few years this article make some good key points on forum diversity. I agree with some information, but I also disagree with some. What are your feelings? I think some of the info mentioned is spot on, but of course, still users opinions.

Source:
    Why Does Apple Inspire So Much Hate? | Cult of Mac
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    06-10-12 12:02 AM

This should be interesting.
    06-10-12 08:33 AM
    Because they're a 'fooked' up company that's obviously a greedy pile of e.
    06-10-12 09:07 AM
    I think this quote says it all.

There’s No Hater Like a Pro-Apple Hater
    No hate here, just dislike and yes I think the few fanboys on all sides inspire hate because they are so hateful. Gotta defend your sister when someone calls her ugly.
    06-10-12 09:26 AM
    Interesting article. I believe hate stems from the winner takes all mentality that persists in this industry. Unlike other industries where competitors just "compete", this industry is enamoured with the notion that competing platforms cannot coexist, and the competition must be exterminated with extreme predjudice. You don't really get this in other industries.
    06-10-12 09:34 AM
    An Appleku
    News: Apple patents wedge shape of MacBook Air

Apple patents wedge
    Next comes the lever and wheel
    Then quark and lepton
    06-10-12 12:25 PM
    Because they're a 'fooked' up company that's obviously a greedy pile of e.
    Brilliant.
    06-10-12 12:59 PM
    Great article.... For me it misses he point..... it is not why they hate.... as we can all make reasons....... Hating anything is such a collosus waste of time.....Think the haters need to look in the mirror and ask themselves not others why they hate "whatever"...... after all it is only an electronic device..... the old adage that "life is too short" really comes into play here... the more I "hate" something the less time I have to "love" and enjoy things... really sad....
    06-10-12 01:15 PM
    Great article.... For me it misses he point..... it is not why they hate.... as we can all make reasons....... Hating anything is such a collosus waste of time.....Think the haters need to look in the mirror and ask themselves not others why they hate "whatever"...... after all it is only an electronic device..... the old adage that "life is too short" really comes into play here... the more I "hate" something the less time I have to "love" and enjoy things... really sad....

As a side note... it would appear that only Apple and Android exsist in the writers universe..... Microsoft get small nod..... nothing to start hating about but revealing non the less
    06-10-12 01:17 PM
    I have dislikes Apple since I first got to use an Apple II. It was just not a computer that I liked to use.

I watched as Apple fiddled with the Apple II and the horrible Lisa that ripped off Xerox's UI until finally Jobs made the Mac. I was forced to use one of these quite nasty little machines for a week. I foolishly tried to upgrade the memoy. It took all afternoon.

Making people buy a new app every time they announced a new OS with that stupid co-operative task switching.

Then came the Unix based OS/X. This was better but it was not exactly innivative. Apple just stuck a flashy UI on top of Unix. Yawn.

Windows was and always has been a far superior OS. (nt as good a VAX/VMS but, not bad).

Apple realized that it was never going to be as good as Microsoft after all, they had been pushing inferior computers for 30 years and they only ever had 10% of the market.

Steve Jobs realizeed this and in a flash of inspiration, he realized that he could make far more money by selling other peoples creative efforts. He sold music. Almost anyone's music. There was just one tiny problem. The name Apple. Whay? Apple had ripped that if from the Beatles Apple Corps. Paul Mcartney and Jobs sat down and Paul said, "OK, you can use our name so long as you never get into the music biz." This is why it took a while until the Beatles allowed their music onto iTunes.

Apple sold every one else's creative efforts and tiried to force people to only play them on their iPod. wtf? France quite sensibly banned the iPod.

The iPhone was truly a great leap. Ain iPod that made phone calls and we can charge carriers to sell it. We will do the publicity and sell the phone. Brilliant. It was a clever UI but not a very good phone. There was no removable media and worse, no removable battery.

And so it goes one. We now have the iPad. Billed as the PC killer and it was if all you did was browse other people's content. Once more Apple rode to success on other people's creativity by charging 30% for selling via iTunes.

Apple are now the richest company in the world and still they maniplulate their stock and still give virtually nothing to charities.

A very successful company. Me, I'll stick to BlackBerrys than very much.
    06-10-12 01:58 PM
    I have dislikes Apple since I first got to use an Apple II. It was just not a computer that I liked to use.

I watched as Apple fiddled with the Apple II and the horrible Lisa that ripped off Xerox's UI until finally Jobs made the Mac. I was forced to use one of these quite nasty little machines for a week. I foolishly tried to upgrade the memoy. It took all afternoon.

Making people buy a new app every time they announced a new OS with that stupid co-operative task switching.

Then came the Unix based OS/X. This was better but it was not exactly innivative. Apple just stuck a flashy UI on top of Unix. Yawn.

Windows was and always has been a far superior OS. (nt as good a VAX/VMS but, not bad).

Apple realized that it was never going to be as good as Microsoft after all, they had been pushing inferior computers for 30 years and they only ever had 10% of the market.

Steve Jobs realizeed this and in a flash of inspiration, he realized that he could make far more money by selling other peoples creative efforts. He sold music. Almost anyone's music. There was just one tiny problem. The name Apple. Whay? Apple had ripped that if from the Beatles Apple Corps. Paul Mcartney and Jobs sat down and Paul said, "OK, you can use our name so long as you never get into the music biz." This is why it took a while until the Beatles allowed their music onto iTunes.

Apple sold every one else's creative efforts and tiried to force people to only play them on their iPod. wtf? France quite sensibly banned the iPod.

The iPhone was truly a great leap. Ain iPod that made phone calls and we can charge carriers to sell it. We will do the publicity and sell the phone. Brilliant. It was a clever UI but not a very good phone. There was no removable media and worse, no removable battery.

And so it goes one. We now have the iPad. Billed as the PC killer and it was if all you did was browse other people's content. Once more Apple rode to success on other people's creativity by charging 30% for selling via iTunes.

Apple are now the richest company in the world and still they maniplulate their stock and still give virtually nothing to charities.

A very successful company. Me, I'll stick to BlackBerrys than very much.
    And when did becoming a successful company become a bad thing in America of all places?!?!

Ford made the first car, so did all the other auto manufacturers become successful by "riding the back" of Ford. I'm so confused by some of these arguments...
    06-11-12 12:03 PM
    And when did becoming a successful company become a bad thing in America of all places?!?!

Ford made the first car, so did all the other auto manufacturers become successful by "riding the back" of Ford. I'm so confused by some of these arguments...
    Completely agree. America was built on capitalistic success and this is a very, very good thing.

My dislike of Apple is that they basically rip everybody off. They even ripped off Bill Gates. How? Bill got paid 4Kbytes (yes, 4K) for writing Apple Basic one summer.

They rip off consumers with their underfunctioned, overstyled and overpriced products. They rip off developers by taking 30% on each product sold via iTunes. They rip off music artists by taking 30% of each tune sold via the same channel. They ar continually manipulating their stock price - that really is a capitalistic no, no.

I can understand why you are confused and that is because the line between what each person finds acceptable is personal. The legal position is pretty much defined by consensus opinion and then becomes consecrated into law but each of us has and, is compleyely entitled to.

I know quite a lot about business in general (I think [how modest...] ) and my line/take/opinion is that Apple have gone too far over my PERSONAL line.

Your line is evidently different and that is fine.

All this has built up enough potential in me to not like the way that Apple conducts its business. Btw: I was a CIO for a private Swiss Bank for several years. Am I a strong capitalist, you bet.
    06-11-12 12:27 PM
    Completely agree. America was built on capitalistic success and this is a very, very good thing.

My dislike of Apple is that they basically rip everybody off. They even ripped off Bill Gates. How? Bill got paid 4Kbytes (yes, 4K) for writing Apple Basic one summer.

They rip off consumers with their underfunctioned, overstyled and overpriced products. They rip off developers by taking 30% on each product sold via iTunes. They rip off music artists by taking 30% of each tune sold via the same channel. They ar continually manipulating their stock price - that really is a capitalistic no, no.

I can understand why you are confused and that is because the line between what each person finds acceptable is personal. The legal position is pretty much defined by consensus opinion and then becomes consecrated into law but each of us has and, is compleyely entitled to.

I know quite a lot about business in general (I think [how modest...] ) and my line/take/opinion is that Apple have gone too far over my PERSONAL line.

Your line is evidently different and that is fine.

All this has built up enough potential in me to not like the way that Apple conducts its business. Btw: I was a CIO for a private Swiss Bank for several years. Am I a strong capitalist, you bet.
    Agree, everyone's personal line is different. I purchase items that I like, and that meets my needs. I work in contracts (strategic sourcing specifically) so the chances of me paying a penny more then I feel like something is worth is slim to none. I understand the value I put on the Apple products I purchase may be higher then yours. No different then the value I place on certain designer pumps with a red sole vs a pair without may not be practical for everyone. Rip off? Perhaps for some.
    06-11-12 01:35 PM
    Wait for it?

Wait for it?
    06-11-12 03:12 PM
    I have used apple, blackberry and android. So I have experience in all 3 platforms. I can easily say I dislike android and find it expensive and find the UI ugly. I like blackberry because I find it reliable, and an excellent dependable product. I like apple to but I have problems with it, that being the lack of customer relationships they seem to have (some may argue they have the best customer relations but I disagree).. I also hate the way the software is so restricted, blackberry is so customizable without a jailbreak. I don't mind jb'ing apple products but to have to jb and restore if there's a problem is too much work. The fact they don't service JBroken apple devices is annoying.. So I can't even have the freedom, I'm controlled my apple. One of the things I hate most about apple is how there products can be so unreliable... Don't hate on me for that but take this for example, I bought a new iphone 3Gs on contract, factory unlocked, and at times its so laggy and slow (NOT JB) and it feels like the whole thing is gonna die.... That shouldn't be the case when its only around 5, maybe less months old, I mean I know u can get it swapped but getting a refurbished product after buying a full priced new one!? That's unacceptable... I paid for a new product so I should receive a full working product. Please do not take this as hating on apple but the main reason I wrote this is because, I like apple, I think its done well but I hate fanboys that will automatically say Iphone is the best when they've never owned a blackberry or another Platform... I hear these apple fanboys like oh this OS is amazing, my honest opinion is its good but its not good enough for a major OS change, this should be like OS 5.2, and people will arguee and say it is amazing but its tiny updates, some that are insignificant or unusable in my case
    06-11-12 05:18 PM
    ...They rip off developers by taking 30% on each product sold via iTunes. They rip off music artists by taking 30% of each tune sold via the same channel.
    I never understand these "arguments." APPL isn't ripping anyone off, especially developers and music artists. If you don't want to pony up the percentage that APPL charges, then don't use their services. Nobody is forcing developers to sell their products or music artists to sell their tunes on iTunes..
    06-11-12 05:58 PM
    Don't hate on me for that but take this for example, I bought a new iphone 3Gs on contract, factory unlocked, and at times its so laggy and slow (NOT JB) and it feels like the whole thing is gonna die.... That shouldn't be the case when its only around 5, maybe less months old, I mean I know u can get it swapped but getting a refurbished product after buying a full priced new one!? That's unacceptable... I paid for a new product so I should receive a full working product.
    The iphone 3GS was a new product in June, 2009. You indicated that you purchased it in the last five months. Certainly it's still available for purchase, but it's not current generation hardware (or even last generation). The 3GS was followed up by the iphone 4, and then the current generation (the 4S).
    Last edited by cleacy; 06-11-12 at 06:07 PM.
    06-11-12 06:02 PM
    The iphone 3GS was a new product in June, 2009. You indicated that you purchased it in the last five months. Certainly it's still available for purchase, but it's not current generation hardware (or even last generation). The 3GS was followed up by the iphone 4, and then the current generation (the 4S).
    trust me I know its not the newest, I do phone repairs for many phones so I think I'd know. The point is I bought a phone and not long after the performance was bad.. I'm not saying oh the ram Is too low so its slow, I'm saying its not responding, freezing, touchscreen sometimes unfuctional when in calls... Its not broke but its laggy, unreliable, not responding a lot. Its not acceptable for a 5 month old phone. My blackberry torch for example is 2 years old in october and it still works like a charm....
    06-11-12 06:46 PM
    There are several reasons why I dislike Apple as a company:

1. Zero social conscience. They have amassed nearly $100 billion, yet until very recently, they didn't give any money to charity. That, and the suicide barriers at Foxconn.

2. Beautifully designed, absurdly overhyped, overpriced mediocrity. Really, there is nothing truly amazing about their products, other than the packaging.

3. The cult of Steve Jobs. He is the ultimate entrepreneur - and I don't mean in a good way. A complete d**k to his family, girlfriends and employees, ready to step over bodies in order to make a buck, a brazen thief of ideas - why are people worshipping him?

These are the main ones. I still use an iMac desktop that I bought in 2007, but my next computer will be running Linux with a Windows partition. Goodbye Apple, I won't miss you.
    06-11-12 07:50 PM
    Did you just say he got paid 4Kbytes?
    06-11-12 07:54 PM
    The cult of Steve Jobs. He is the ultimate entrepreneur - why are people worshipping him?
    and what are your lists of accomplishments to the computer world?
    06-11-12 10:22 PM
    and what are your lists of accomplishments to the computer world?
    The computer world is not where I excel. You'll find me much more at home in the advanced cementitious materials world, where I'm more recognized.

And even though I run my own business, I will never achieve the success of true entrepreneurs, because I neither kiss nor kick anybody's a$$ to achieve my goals.
    06-12-12 12:00 AM
    Good article, pointless though because neither side will recognize those traits in themselves so my ignore list will remain heavily populated.
    06-12-12 07:04 AM
    trust me I know its not the newest, I do phone repairs for many phones so I think I'd know. The point is I bought a phone and not long after the performance was bad.. I'm not saying oh the ram Is too low so its slow, I'm saying its not responding, freezing, touchscreen sometimes unfuctional when in calls... Its not broke but its laggy, unreliable, not responding a lot. Its not acceptable for a 5 month old phone. My blackberry torch for example is 2 years old in october and it still works like a charm....
    I'm using my torch at the moment. Its a great phone but I know for a fact that its laggy as balls! Every user knows its laggy as balls. Every review knows its laggy as balls. You must be the only person that doesn't know that but that might be because you have a 2009 iPhone to compare it to.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    06-12-12 07:18 AM
    I didn't know balls were laggy, lol. The 9800? Never used one but my 9850 is not laggy.
    06-12-12 07:23 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD