Oh joy, now Apple is being accused of taking away friends?

I can't see how... Unless of course you work at that chinese company...
    06-12-10 09:21 AM
    Maybe their friends name is Flash, or Cross Compiler?
    Your parents would have to be INCREDIBLY geeky to look at you as a baby and say "Lets call her Cross Compiler!"
    06-12-10 09:42 AM
    I just don't get it. Perhaps it's because I use a mac, but iTunes is the most user friendly easy to use music program that I have ever used.
    06-12-10 04:46 PM
    Just crazy people who like to hate Apple to hate Apple and no other reason. There's really nothing wrong with itunes, its a heck of a lot better than Windows Media Player!
    06-12-10 05:13 PM
    Personally, I find it more efficient to go to one place to get apps that I know will work. I prefer that to searching a hundred different websites, for apps that that may not play nice with each other.

If I don't like it, I jail break and search elsewhere.

What's the big deal?
    I just hate that we are FORCED to do things apple way! Thank goodness for jailbreakers. If it wasn't for jailbreaking i wouldn't be too happy with my locked phone.
    06-12-10 07:24 PM
    I love having iTunes as well. One-stop shop to do all my syncing and backups. My
    paid apps are backed up there too, so I don't have to worry about re-registering
    and things of that nature. I do hate that it freezes on Windows sometimes as
    Garz pointed out. But I still live
    06-12-10 07:59 PM
    I just hate that we are FORCED to do things apple way! Thank goodness for jailbreakers. If it wasn't for jailbreaking i wouldn't be too happy with my locked phone.
    Then don't buy the product?
    06-12-10 08:00 PM
    You are forced to buy the product? There's nothing wrong with a company preferring that you use their method for their device. Apple isn't like all these other companies that don't care about user experience. This is the reason why Apple has tight controls over their stuff. They want to make ensure that the user has a great experience with their device instead of using some 3rd party application that may or may not work and then have people complaining about the iPhone. They just want to make sure that any issues you have are things they can help with and not some garbage apps or method you want to use. That's like jailbreaking your phone, it crashing and then complain about your iphone always crashing. Either use it the way they intend on people using it or get another device that will require you to use 2-3 programs of your choice to do the same thing.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 06-16-10 at 02:39 PM.
    06-12-10 09:12 PM
    I don't like itunes. I have no issues with people who do though. I have no passion on this one either way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-10 04:05 PM
    iTunes is fine by me. Works flawlessly with my Mac, and when I had my iPhone it was a great syncing tool. All my songs are DRM free too so I can careless. I just wish it would recognize my other devices the same way.
    06-16-10 04:23 PM
    I was bought a 160gb iPod and having not experienced iTunes became excited at the prospect of using it as a data storeg device, especially for photos which I deal with a lot for work. I quickly discovered that this would not be the case and it immediately reduced the potential of what is otherwise a wonderful product. I also have an iPod Touch which I love and I will say that iTunes is superb for apps, but I spend little time on apps.

Anyway, with my iPods I would love to be able to load up the classic with photos as I travelled the road using othe peoples computers and drop selected ones onto the iTouch for easy blogging. It would mean I could go away for a week or more and still get stuf done without the need of a laptop. The devices are phyically capable but at the moment I cannot make this work.

I hope I am missing an easy solution and someone can set me on the right track, otherwise my liking and requirement for iTunes lays soley in the app store.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-10 07:00 PM
    I love itunes to play Music... Id never got apps from there.. I dont use iPhone.
    06-17-10 07:21 PM
    I had the original iphone on release day and I hated itunes. Was so cumbersome to use, took me forever to find where to do what. It was as intuitive to use as nuclear physics. I HOPE they have improved the interface since then as I remember getting frustrated more than a few times with it.
    06-18-10 07:17 AM
    I like how I can use iTunes to keep all my music organized... Though that's probably because it's the only program I know to do that...
    06-18-10 01:27 PM
    I had the original iphone on release day and I hated itunes. Was so cumbersome to use, took me forever to find where to do what. It was as intuitive to use as nuclear physics. I HOPE they have improved the interface since then as I remember getting frustrated more than a few times with it.
    When did you last use it. And what did you have issues with? iTunes is far more intuitive then Windows Media Player.
    06-18-10 01:54 PM
    Been a couple of years. Went Bold 9000 then 9700 after the iphone. Now going back to iphone 4. We'll see how it goes. Funny I had no problem with Windows Media although I have NO experience with MAC OS or computers so perhaps windows seems more intuitive to the PC user.
    06-21-10 09:28 AM
    I live by itunes. I love my ipod touch and I love everything about itunes, except the odd time where it decides to freeze up my computer. This is a RARE occurrence though (which I'm thinking my computer is the blame of, not itunes).

My friend let me use her iphone for a little while to see if I wanted to buy one myself or not, and I hated it as a phone... it dropped service ALL the time, the sound was **** without the headset... it was just awful. I still love itunes and my ipod touch though.

I love the way itunes organizes my music into folders based on artist, then album.... mmm. I'm OCD like that, so it's important. haha
    06-21-10 10:07 PM
    I love the way itunes organizes my music into folders based on artist, then album.... mmm. I'm OCD like that, so it's important. haha
    Doesn't Windows Media do that as well? Mine does.
    06-22-10 10:06 AM
    I think a lot of people love itunes when having apple products but hate how restrictive it is when not. I have to get around adding song to an android phone or a blackberry and this makes people disklike the platform.

On the other hand this is a selling point for the adption of apple stuff, i think in the end Mr. Jobs wants people to realize how simple and "great" having apple products interact with one another is.
    06-22-10 10:46 AM
    I don't think there's a piece of software i hate more than iTunes..

I don't find it intuitive.. i find it infuriating. I want to organize my files in folders that i want.. i hate libraries and playlists and having to figure out which and where everything is within.

I don't know.. i have never liked this software.. i would much prefer to do what it does, myself.. and in a way that makes sense to me.. because iTunes certainly does none of those things.

And what really pisses me off, is now i have to endure this with my ipod, my macbook pro and my iPad.. i'm clinging to my blackberry for dear life.
    06-23-10 11:02 AM
    I don't think there's a piece of software i hate more than iTunes..

I don't find it intuitive.. i find it infuriating. I want to organize my files in folders that i want.. i hate libraries and playlists and having to figure out which and where everything is within.

I don't know.. i have never liked this software.. i would much prefer to do what it does, myself.. and in a way that makes sense to me.. because iTunes certainly does none of those things.

And what really pisses me off, is now i have to endure this with my ipod, my macbook pro and my iPad.. i'm clinging to my blackberry for dear life.
    I detect some sort of mental deficiency here...
    06-23-10 11:35 AM
    Exactly what i'm thinking here... there are TONS of ways to find whatever is in your library lol
    06-23-10 11:38 AM
    iTunes is about a simple as it gets for a music player UI.
    06-23-10 01:26 PM
    I don't why people hate it.

Sure it may be a little clunky, but its much better then WMP and DM.

You want your TV shows? Click TV shows.

Want to search your library? Just type it out.

Make a playlist? Click the plus icon.

Seriously...
    06-23-10 01:33 PM
    Should be able to sync just music or just pics apps whatever back & forth from idevice to pc and vise versa...None of this erase entire device & sync BS..

Gonna switch to mediamonkey give it a whirl..
    06-23-10 02:52 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD