06-25-10 01:07 PM
53 123
tools
    Personally, I find it more efficient to go to one place to get apps that I know will work. I prefer that to searching a hundred different websites, for apps that that may not play nice with each other.

If I don't like it, I jail break and search elsewhere.

What's the big deal?
    06-11-10 11:06 AM
    Some people are over the top about not being "tied-down". People are finding less reasons to hate on the iPhone so they say things like "it's a closed platform" or "it's not customizable". Some people just don't like the fact of HAVING to use something rather than the option. Personally, I don't get it. Those things don't bother me at all. All that "open system" crap is not important to me. And they take that same argument to iTunes of having to use iTunes to manage everything. That's another way for them to say "Apple is controlling iPhone users". Google wants you to use all their products, RIM wants you to use all their products and Apple wants you to use theirs. All the companies have the same goal. The same argument that says Apple is trying to control everything can be used especially with Google. Because the OS is open and lacks sounds support, it's great? It's good, but that's it, IMO. But Google takes all users data and uses it. No one care about that because they can put widgets on their screens. But I digress.

Anyhow, I agree with you, I find it very convenient to use it and manage everything. I can see how my apps will look on my phone once I sync them and it's easy to use. Plus the fact I was using iTunes well before iPhone so that made it easier. Some people just will find anything to pick at but it is their preference. I mean with blackberry, desktop manager is the iTunes equivalent. You don't have to use these things but who wants to use 3-4 programs to get the same results you can get on 1? I will never understand that.
    06-11-10 11:18 AM
    I love iTunes.

I love having everything all in one place.

I love how I can just connect my phone and iTunes simply syncs everything all by itself.

I have grown dependent on my iTunes though.

Which is a blessing and a curse.

Luckily I paid to have all my m00sic go DRM free.
    06-11-10 11:25 AM
    I use and like iTunes for my media on my Tour.

One thing I can never get my head around is the syncing.
    I use my phone for business and I didn't like that I needed to Sync with a store to back up my business files.

I know the excuse most likely doesn't hold water but I still find it weird
    06-11-10 11:27 AM
    I love iTunes!
    06-11-10 12:23 PM
    For me it isn't about iTunes, it's anti competitive practices of the Apple music machine in general. I'm all for making money but there has to be some fairness when you do it.

Apple has been using strong arm tactics to get what it wants, so much so the music industry itself went head to head with them and ended up winning.

iTunes isn't a bad thing and I don't mind using it, so as soon as Apple stops squashing smaller companies unfairly who can legitimately offer cheaper music then I'll be even happier.
    06-11-10 12:30 PM
    But .99 cent tracks is cheap enough!
    06-11-10 12:58 PM
    I like iTunes and the design with the app and music. But I don tlike how actual iTunes tends to freeze up on my windows PC a lot
    06-11-10 01:00 PM
    I like iTunes and the design with the app and music. But I don tlike how actual iTunes tends to freeze up on my windows PC a lot
    get a macbook
    06-11-10 01:00 PM
    get a macbook
    sure if your paying for it
    06-11-10 01:05 PM
    I don't know how itunes works these days but when I used to use my ipod exclusively, I hated that I couldn't move music from my ipod to a computer without 3rd party applications.

I like that I can store music on my blackberry's microSD card and port it to anything that supports microsd or usb(since I have an adapter). To me that's the flexibility that people talk about when they talk about iphone/itunes being closed.
    06-11-10 01:12 PM
    I don't know how itunes works these days but when I used to use my ipod exclusively, I hated that I couldn't move music from my ipod to a computer without 3rd party applications.

I like that I can store music on my blackberry's microSD card and port it to anything that supports microsd or usb(since I have an adapter). To me that's the flexibility that people talk about when they talk about iphone/itunes being closed.
    Yeah that can be a pain if you plan on using your phone with several different computers. I do wish that was easier. I personally don't like dealing with storage cards. I've had too may fry on me or needed to be re-formatting and stuff. I do wish I could use the iPhone could be used more like a storage device and click and drag files to and from.
    06-11-10 01:34 PM
    iTunes never froze on my laptop when I had it.

I don't dislike or care for iTunes but I prefer an external drive where I can manage my files. iTunes gets annoying a lot especially when plugging the device in and having it automatically do things without my consent.
    06-11-10 01:41 PM
    I like iTunes mainly because I have all my iPhone stuff all in one place.
    06-11-10 02:28 PM

I don't dislike or care for iTunes but I prefer an external drive where I can manage my files. iTunes gets annoying a lot especially when plugging the device in and having it automatically do things without my consent.
    Like what?
    06-11-10 03:14 PM

Like what?
    I would think they mean syncing and checking for updates. But you can stop that easily. I'm not sure what else it does without consent that can't be changed.
    06-11-10 03:33 PM

You can change all of this,I have my iTunes setup where if I connect my phone it doesn't sync unless I tell it to. I have my iTunes library coming from an external 1tb Iomega mighty max. There are plenty of preferences you can change.
    06-11-10 03:53 PM
    [QUOTE=scorpiodsu;5227628]

I would think they mean syncing and checking for updates. But you can stop that easily. I'm not sure what else it does without consent that can't be changed.
    That's why I was curious. It always asks me.
    06-11-10 03:54 PM
    People hate iTunes b/c people hate Apple...Why? Just personal preference for some blackberry/droid aficionado that wants a reason to be anti-Apple.

Personally, I love iTunes, its so much more efficient than the HORRENDOUS bb "App World" its ridiculous.

Apple wants to put millions of very affordable apps, songs, videos, and podcasts all on one place for an EASY transaction....shame on them!
    06-11-10 05:54 PM
    In my case, it's not so much that I hate iTunes as it is that I hate being REQUIRED to use it. It works fine for my iPods (except when it fracks up and changes settings all by itself), but I still wish I didn't HAVE to use it. It should be an option, not a requirement, much like BB AppWorld is. And no, that doesn't mean I like BB AppWorld. In fact, in the case of AppWorld, I DO actually hate it. But the great thing is I don't have to use it!

As for the iPhone, well, for some reason iTunes fracks up the iPhone when it is plugged in (3G), so the apps don't work. I'd explain more, but I don't use the iPhone and honestly don't care about the "fix" procedure that has to be done later...
    06-11-10 06:57 PM
    I don't mind iTunes for my Touch. My kids love it and are always trying to get me to buy them cards - great little bribes, . But since they split their time between my place and their Moms, they just have to wait to come to my place if they need to sync or have problems with their pods.

I do have to say I love media cards and their flexibility. I have never had a problem with one, and that's over years of heavy use. I also like being able to use them as data loggers and I have several that I use to store many different data types. I have a little plastic box where I store various cards with nearly 40 gb of files. Very convenient.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by exelant; 06-11-10 at 08:49 PM.
    06-11-10 08:01 PM
    I don't like itunes. It bogs down my pc and is hard to remove. It wants to take over all your music, even if you do not want to.
    But most of all I enjoy my friend, which Apple likes to take away, for my own good they would have me believe. I disagree. I don't want to have to use itunes.
    I prefer to load my music directly on my media card, which is super easy. I don't need the itunes mess.
    I don't like they way they work, so I choose to take my business elsewhere.
    06-11-10 08:12 PM
    I don't mind iTunes... would I like to transfer files like I
    do on my Nexus 1? Sure would, but I can live without
    it, especially since jailbreaking exists
    06-11-10 11:05 PM
    I don't understand people that say iTunes does stuff without your consent!? CHANGE THE SETTINGS!!!!!!! Its really that simple.

Plus I don't see how it can be called a mess, iTunes does NOT have to be used exclusively, you can buy music from anywhere (like amazon, or even limewire) and EASILY import it to an iTunes library or any other music folder.

Not to mention, taking music off of your iPhone/iPod to put it on a different computer is easy. Just download riptunes or something like it and its a 1-2-3 process.
    06-12-10 08:01 AM
    I don't like itunes. It bogs down my pc and is hard to remove. It wants to take over all your music, even if you do not want to.
    But most of all I enjoy my friend, which Apple likes to take away, for my own good they would have me believe. I disagree. I don't want to have to use itunes.
    I prefer to load my music directly on my media card, which is super easy. I don't need the itunes mess.
    I don't like they way they work, so I choose to take my business elsewhere.
    Friend?
    06-12-10 09:07 AM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD