I've seen this a bunch lately and I didn't want to hijack any threads so I'll just ask here...why do people call the iPhone the "Jesus Phone?"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 03:52 PM
    I'm not to sure myself, but I would assume it was mockingly labeled the jesus phone because of the high pedestal it was put on-

It was supposedly going to be the messiah of cellular technology according to apple fanboys.

But I may be wrong.
    02-19-09 04:00 PM
    Well that makes sense to me!

02-19-09 05:15 PM
    I've never heard it be called this before. Interesting...
    02-19-09 07:43 PM
    I think in most cases it is out of jealousy/envy of the iPhone and its success.
    02-19-09 07:56 PM
    Most owners are heard to say "Jesus....wish I had a BB!!!!"
    02-20-09 04:07 AM
    I think in most cases it is out of jealousy/envy of the iPhone and its success.
    jealousy, envy... no prizes for guessing this is a fanboy using the jesus phone then. never been a fan and its unlikely I would ever be a convert of tinyboy technology
    02-20-09 06:10 AM
    Because it was the phone that Jesus used. Dang, be a good Christian and read the Bible now and then. If you don't have one, steal one from a hotel next time you take a trip or get a hooker.
    02-20-09 08:30 AM
    jealousy, envy... no prizes for guessing this is a fanboy using the jesus phone then. never been a fan and its unlikely I would ever be a convert of tinyboy technology
    This is the iPhone forum after all. You could crawl back over to the Storm threads and see if anyone's figured out how to make that frakin thing work yet... Or at least get the dust out from underneath the screen.
    02-20-09 08:33 AM
    Hardly a fan boy seeing how I own a Bold.

Fail.
    02-20-09 11:37 AM
    This is the iPhone forum after all. You could crawl back over to the Storm threads and see if anyone's figured out how to make that frakin thing work yet... Or at least get the dust out from underneath the screen.
    No see they LOVE their Storms and the phone runs great
    . So great in fact they have like 87 threads with guessing games about an official release.

The most bizarre and funny thing the Storm fanboys are doing is making their own hybrid operating systems and installing them.

Dude the Storm forums are the funniest and most bizarre forums I have ever read. I frequent them to get a kick out of what these people are doing and putting up with. You read things like "my phone reboots 4 times a day, I have typing lag and I can't play my videos but the click is great. I stuffed paper in front of the battery and did the torx fix but I'm afraid to return it for fear if getting one with dust or click issues. I love this phone what should I do?"

I swear I'm not exagerating.

Its hysterical.

02-20-09 12:06 PM
    Getting back on topic...

My theory... those who tried the iPhone and didn't like it or those who just didn't like it w/o trying it are usually those that call it that. It's an attempt to Mock the fact that the phone is not the end-all-be-all device.
    02-20-09 03:01 PM
    They call it the Jesus Phone because its perfect and can do no wrong.

Cuss at it and it will still browse web pages, call it names and it will still download whatever apps you want without question, disown the OS and jailbreak it and it will continue to work.

See it loves you no matter what....the jesus phone.

02-20-09 03:39 PM
    Let the apple boys tell it, it's the pinnacle of smart phone technology other than the att network. Let the apple boys tell it, it's the pinnacle of smart phone technology other than the att network. Let the apple boys tell it, it's the pinnacle of smart phone technology other than the att network. Let the apple boys tell it, it's the pinnacle of smart phone technology other than the att network.

swidt...

Throw in a *coughmms* just for good measure.

02-20-09 04:05 PM
    Let the apple boys tell it, it's the pinnacle of smart phone technology other than the att network. Let the apple boys tell it, it's the pinnacle of smart phone technology other than the att network. Let the apple boys tell it, it's the pinnacle of smart phone technology other than the att network. Let the apple boys tell it, it's the pinnacle of smart phone technology other than the att network.

swidt...

Throw in a *coughmms* just for good measure.

At least us Apple fanboys can jailbreak our devices to add on the features that we need to an already STABLE OS. Your geniuses are trying, unsuccessfully I might add, to home brew a half dozen crappy firmware leaks to try and get ONE that will prevent you from doing a battery pull every time you send one of those precious MMS messages from that non-working camera that you have.

At least the Storm does have a removable battery. Lord knows you need it to reset it. At least when it's not resetting itself.
    02-20-09 04:25 PM
    Well well there.looks like I hit a nerve. Don't worry your Jesus phone still loves you.

02-20-09 04:52 PM
    Well well there.looks like I hit a nerve. Don't worry your Jesus phone still loves you.

No. Trolls don't hit nerves. They just annoy people. You understand annoying, right? Battery pulls, random resets, accelerometers that don't work, answer and hang up buttons that don't work, dust bunnies under the screen that will never go away, endlessly waiting for a stable OS from RIM, who by the way, just gave themselves an award for this outstanding new technology of theirs...

That kind of annoying...
    02-20-09 05:07 PM
    No. Trolls don't hit nerves. They just annoy people. You understand annoying, right? Battery pulls, random resets, accelerometers that don't work, answer and hang up buttons that don't work, dust bunnies under the screen that will never go away, endlessly waiting for a stable OS from RIM, who by the way, just gave themselves an award for this outstanding new technology of theirs...

That kind of annoying...
    The iPhone is the Jesus Phone.

Jesus uses the Storm.

GOD only knows Jesus is the only one with the Patience to use the Storm and Still Love it.

Everyone else that uses the Storm is just Jesus's Saints, Disciples, and Martyrs.
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 02-20-09 at 05:51 PM.
    02-20-09 05:48 PM
    The iPhone is the Jesus Phone.

Jesus uses the Storm.

GOD only knows Jesus is the only one with the Patience to use the Storm and Still Love it.

Everyone else that uses the Storm is just Jesus's Saints, Disciples, and Martyrs.
    because they are the only ones that can deal with constant crashes, daily battery pulls, lagging, sure type and dust under the screen...only a saint.martyr ect can have that kind of patience...i expect my phone to work when i need it to work, not have to call back and say sorry i have to pull out my battery before i answer a call
    02-20-09 05:59 PM
    because they are the only ones that can deal with constant crashes, daily battery pulls, lagging, sure type and dust under the screen...only a saint.martyr ect can have that kind of patience...i expect my phone to work when i need it to work, not have to call back and say sorry i have to pull out my battery before i answer a call
    Exactly

That was the Point of my Post
    02-20-09 06:06 PM
    The orginal IPhone had its share of problems when it came out, especially the part where you can supposely connect to an exchange server for email, but had to go and use IMAP to actually get it to work. That aside, you can't compare IPhones to Blackberries along with other devices, unless they were meant to do the same exact thing. Blackberries are for emails originally, IPhones are to merge phone and ipod. (although motorola produced the first "iphone" when they made the rokr).

With all the hoopla that the IPhone first recieved with the launch of both versions, is actually a rather dull device. Sure you have all those wonderful apps to fill up the phone, but why do I still see IPhone commercials, and barely any for Blackberries and especially Nokia.
    02-20-09 08:31 PM

That kind of annoying...
    LOL - I think that will hit home for him.
    02-20-09 08:51 PM
    but why do I still see IPhone commercials, and barely any for Blackberries and especially Nokia.
    because Apple is a marketing giant. That's why you see so many iPhones everywhere.

Just today, this is no exageration, I saw 7 iPhones in a period of approximately 3 hours. 3 of which were in one place of business. One common thread amoungst them is they are always buried in their device "playing" around with it : )

They are easy to spot.

I don't know if its an L.A. thing but you will see tons of iPhones in the wild more than any other phone. Ofcourse you see BB's and other phones but the MAJORITY of phones out here are iPhones. Strange but true.....

If somebody from Los Angeles (310, 323) happens to come across this thread I can guarantee they will verify this.

02-20-09 10:38 PM

That kind of annoying...
    now now. calling people a troll and annoying isn't exactly wjwd is it? especially if what i said is true and can't be fixed by os updates. how about this, would you be so kind as to pray into your iphone that jesus continues to bless us bb users with the best messaging platform this side of heaven? also, mention that us storm users are very grateful for the leaks but would appreciate the release of the next official os soon. kthx.
    02-20-09 10:45 PM
    because Apple is a marketing giant. That's why you see so many iPhones everywhere.

Just today, this is no exageration, I saw 7 iPhones in a period of approximately 3 hours. 3 of which were in one place of business. One common thread amoungst them is they are always buried in their device "playing" around with it : )

They are easy to spot.

I don't know if its an L.A. thing but you will see tons of iPhones in the wild more than any other phone. Ofcourse you see BB's and other phones but the MAJORITY of phones out here are iPhones. Strange but true.....

If somebody from Los Angeles (310, 323) happens to come across this thread I can guarantee they will verify this.

ck, you must be hanging around too many chucky cheeses, elementary schools and high schools. out here in the grown up world i see more bbs than the cutephone.
    02-20-09 10:47 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD