I am a former win mo user to bb user; now maybe back
    to win mo. Also considering switching over to AT&T
    not for the iphone but because I like that new
    5 friends; plus rollover minutes. If I switch over
    I am gonna get the iphone. So please tell me why.
    I played wit a co-workers iphone, I liked it but
    it didn't really blow my hair back. The apps got me
    really excited but. So please tell me why.
    Thanks.......
    ps also if there any cons please tell me.
    10-06-09 08:50 AM
    I know most of the apps are just junk to make money for developers, but there are some really nice ones that make using the device a pleasure. Large screen is beautiful. Browder is awesome. Etc.
    10-06-09 09:42 AM
    I am in love with my iPhone. For a million reasons, but the main reasons for me are:

1) The browser is AWESOME! I hated the browser on my BB, and I also had a G1 for a while and let me tell you, neither of their browsers even come close to the iPhone's. The ability to jump on WIFI is awesome too.

2) Apps--everyone says this, I know, but they are so useful. I coach a soccer team that often has to travel, so having my iPhone with me helps me stay occupied and productive while on the road.

3) iPod--I was never into having music on my phone because I always had an iPod. But now, I love being able to have them both in one device, plus the seamless integration--receiving calls while listening to music, being alerted of new text messages, etc.

4) The camera is awesome. Although there is no flash, it has by far the best camera I've ever seen on a phone. It's very handy for those moments that my puppy is doing something cute and takes good enough quality pics to put on ebay, etc.

5) Honestly, the battery life (for me at least) is good. I can get two solid days out of my 3GS from a full charge, including lots of texting, lots of WIFI to 3G usage and usually an hour or two a day of ipod use.

My coverage with ATT has been pretty good so far. My only complaint is that sometimes it takes a few seconds to connect a call and the service is a bit expensive.

But like you said, the ability to combine the A-List, plus Rollover is pretty awesome. I just wish they would offer it on service plans below the 900 minute plan because with the A-List, I only need around 300 minutes extra and I feel like I'm paying $20 too much for minutes... oh well

Hope this helps.
    10-06-09 10:09 AM
    Iphone rock hard, but att is a crap provider!

Also if you get the iphone I do HIGHLY recomend getting the apple protection plan for your phone.
    10-06-09 10:15 AM
    Iphone rock hard, but att is a crap provider!

Also if you get the iphone I do HIGHLY recomend getting the apple protection plan for your phone.

Is ATT really that bad? I've used the 2g and 3g but on Tmo's EDGE network. I'm 90% sure I'm converting to ATT next and getting the 3GS so I can finally and fully take advantage of an iPhone
    10-06-09 03:15 PM
    Here we go with the AT&T bashing again.

People, cellular phone service depends entirely on your area and the carrier's
    coverage.

For example, T-Mobile is good, but is worth two bleeps for coverage in my
    area. Doesn't mean they suck overall.
    10-06-09 04:25 PM
    The biggest reason is because there REALLY is an app for everything so theres so much that keeps me intrigued.
    Plus I'm a Mac user so it's easier to manage/sync update and upgrade.
    10-06-09 10:35 PM
    It works! No battery pulls, no leaked OSes for better performance, and some may call me crazy -- no physical keyboard. After getting used to it, I love it. I can change the language (I use spanish and hope to learn others) and this actually helps to be able to change the keyboard for that language.

Everyone else mentioned all the above as well... one point that I haven't seen is better signal & call quality on my iPhone than my Bold.
    10-06-09 11:54 PM
    To the OP I had a storm went to the Tour and finally said enough is enough. Got a 3GS and am not looking back. I used to be one of those iPhone bashers ( it's a toy, etc...) but after a few days of use ( I am a Systems Analyst) it has been great VPN, RDC, don't have to worry about finding a computer to remote to mine. Have not had any problems yet. The keyboard was a snap to get used to. The browser BLOWS AWAY any BB or WinMo device.
    10-07-09 06:56 AM
    Why wouldn't iPhone users love their iPhones? I believe most iPhone users wanted a touchscreen device with great multimedia capabilities. And the iPhone presents itself ad being the best in the business of multimedia.
    10-07-09 08:32 AM
    Almost everyone I talk to is cause of browser and apps!
    10-07-09 08:35 AM
    Thanks everyone for your feedback
    10-07-09 09:28 AM
    I am like everyone else, I like the apps available, even so some of them are junk, but I like the browser and I am able to load my bought iTunes music on my iPhone.where on the BB you can not.
    10-07-09 11:38 AM
    I dont get frustrated is the # 1 reason.

You can have a BB that does things well and get you from point A to B in a Civic.

Or you can get an iPhone and get from point A to B in an Aston Martin.

The iPhone has a very fluid OS, very eye candyish. Very simple to use. It does not crash, freeze, slow down, get choppy, lag, randomly reboot, show weird OS errors, JVM errors, you name it. The touch screen is the best in the business and it just works.

I never have to worry about, "wtf.. my phone froze while a call came in" or (listening to music in my car) "wtf stupid phone rebooted" (then minutes of silence while it reboots).. both of these have happened to me on my BB.. however, not once on the iPhone.

BB's are getting better, but they still cause alot of frustration.
    10-07-09 11:48 AM

5) Honestly, the battery life (for me at least) is good. I can get two solid days out of my 3GS from a full charge, including lots of texting, lots of WIFI to 3G usage and usually an hour or two a day of ipod use.
    I love my Iphone, and I'm not flaming you. But I call BS on this on. There is no way the battery lasts for two full days on this phone.

I probably make about 60 min of call time, 40-50 txts, 2 hours of using the browser, email, etc, and a game or two every day (20 min) and I'm down to 20% battery life by 9 pm.

and I've done all the tricks (turn down screen color, turn off wifi when traveling, etc)
    10-08-09 08:20 AM
    it just works.
    This is basically the reason why I love my iPhone.
    10-08-09 09:19 AM
    Seems like their quality control is 1000 times better than RIM's to. If Rim doesn't start living up to their old reputation, I am switching too. And all this leaked OS crap, sounds like they don't want to spend the money to beta test properly.
    10-08-09 10:02 AM
    Really? Are you the supreme authority on iPhones?

Honestly, it does last me two days. And honestly, I don't care that you don't think it's possible.

And where are you in the country? It's widely speculated that geography has a lot do to with it. I'm in the Southwest where, honestly, ATT does not have a huge market share, at least in my experience. All of my friends have T-Mob or Verizon and I literally know no one on ATT.

Regardless, be speculative, but it's simply the truth.

I love my Iphone, and I'm not flaming you. But I call BS on this on. There is no way the battery lasts for two full days on this phone.

I probably make about 60 min of call time, 40-50 txts, 2 hours of using the browser, email, etc, and a game or two every day (20 min) and I'm down to 20% battery life by 9 pm.

and I've done all the tricks (turn down screen color, turn off wifi when traveling, etc)
    10-08-09 10:45 AM
    He might not have any email accounts added, in which case, battery life shoots up significantly.
    10-08-09 11:31 AM
    I am in love with my iPhone. For a million reasons, but the main reasons for me are:

1) The browser is AWESOME! I hated the browser on my BB, and I also had a G1 for a while and let me tell you, neither of their browsers even come close to the iPhone's. The ability to jump on WIFI is awesome too.

2) Apps--everyone says this, I know, but they are so useful. I coach a soccer team that often has to travel, so having my iPhone with me helps me stay occupied and productive while on the road.
    H
    3) iPod--I was never into having music on my phone because I always had an iPod. But now, I love being able to have them both in one device, plus the seamless integration--receiving calls while listening to music, being alerted of new text messages, etc.

4) The camera is awesome. Although there is no flash, it has by far the best camera I've ever seen on a phone. It's very handy for those moments that my puppy is doing something cute and takes good enough quality pics to put on ebay, etc.

My coverage with ATT has been pretty good so far. My only complaint is that sometimes it takes a few seconds to connect a call and the service is a bit expensive.

But like you said, the ability to combine the A-List, plus Rollover is pretty awesome. I just wish they would offer it on service plans below the 900 minute plan because with the A-List, I only need around 300 minutes extra and I feel like I'm paying $20 too much for minutes... oh well

Hope this helps.
    How the heck do you get 2 days usage on the battery? I have the 3g and get about 1 day and that is with normal usage without no wifi and not listening to music.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-09 11:53 AM
    He might not have any email accounts added, in which case, battery life shoots up significantly.
    Or WiFi or 3G or any Notifications set or brightness set to 1% or MMS or but make 2 calls a day or hahaha you get the picture.. then and only then 2 days..
    10-08-09 12:08 PM
    Really? Are you the supreme authority on iPhones?

Honestly, it does last me two days. And honestly, I don't care that you don't think it's possible.

And where are you in the country? It's widely speculated that geography has a lot do to with it. I'm in the Southwest where, honestly, ATT does not have a huge market share, at least in my experience. All of my friends have T-Mob or Verizon and I literally know no one on ATT.

Regardless, be speculative, but it's simply the truth.
    I believe you. I think it really has to do with where you are located. With my Blackberry, I could get almost 3 days of use out of it whenever I traveled to the Southwest, but back in the Northeast, I could barely get 1 full day without having to recharge. I think in the Northeast where I am, there are so many cell sites, that the phone ends up jumping from tower to tower constantly.

I'm getting the same thing basically with my iPhone now too...only barely a day of use before I have to charge again, and will probably get a few days when I'm in the Southwest. Will confirm this next time I'm out there.
    10-08-09 06:59 PM
    Definitely believable. His device isn't fighting as much in AZ. Maybe not two full days (48 hours), but definitely over 1 day (24) and change.

And to get back on topic...
    10-08-09 10:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD