I think you've said it all right there, performance isn't everything but the overall experience is.
    For me yes. But if I was looking for pure performance, I would look elsewhere. I'm not saying Macs aren't capable of it, but they are 10x more expensive.
    11-30-10 05:45 PM
    I'll chime in too:

In the past 18 months, I've had:
    1. Android: Droid, Droid X, Samsung Fascinate
    2. Blackberry: Storm, Bold 9650
    3. Windows Phone 7: HTC HD7
    4. Limited use of my wife's iphone 3gs

Obviously not in that order.

And my device of choice is.......IPhone. I'm waiting patiently for my new factory unlocked iphone4 to be delivered.

With the exception of the Storm, all the devices I've listed above are/were good or very good. (The Fascinate was a little bit of a disappointment IMHO though)

After much thought, there are two main reasons that I chose the Iphone: Ipod & Itunes. This stems from simply looking at my surroundings. We have way too many ipod compatible devices in the house/garage, like our Pioneer receiver that has ipod integration, an ipod dock speaker tower, a car stereo that has full ipod integration, and a Bose sound dock. Plus, everywhere I go, my 30gig ipod goes with me. Add in two cell phones and that's alot to deal with throughout the day.

I tried the Zune pass on the WP7, and really like it, but for the reason I listed above, there's no sense of spending $150/year on music I can't listen to everywhere. I do highly recommend at least trying the zune pass for 1 month, especially if you're an xbox360 owner.

Other than that, I find that the iphone UI has the edge over all others.

However, when it comes to the core reasons we all own smartphones, all the platforms I listed above do very well. However, some do certain things better that the others.
    12-02-10 12:03 AM
    Just putting this out there as a potential option.

I have a Tour and love the messaging/notification system so I want to stick with BB. My plan is to buy a playbook instead of continually upgrading my phone every time a better one comes along. Have two devices for the price of continually upgrading the one is my thought. With the interconnection between the BB and Playbook there is no file/contact/messaging syncing to manage...its done automatically. I'm always traveling with a messenger bag so its not a big deal for me to have another device. The multimedia abilities on the Playbook (or other tablet) will smoke all phones regardless of platform.
    I was thinking about just having a regular phone or a BlackBerry and have a tablet. It seems like you will be getting the best of both worlds, but I would like to see how I would use the tablet and how convenient it is.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-10 10:11 PM
    Don't you read the front page of this site? Or Engadget?

Breaking: RIM Co-CEO Jim Balsillie responds to Steve Jobs comments made during Apple earnings call! | CrackBerry.com

Official statement from Research In Motion in response to Apple's iPhone 4 Antennagate propaganda! | CrackBerry.com

And yes there are more.

Edit: And better email? Never will happen. RIM has that market cornered. Nothing even comes close to rivaling BIS. Period.
    This almost makes me laugh, I can't remember how many times I ever got an email that my RIM device would truncate to due whatever reasons, the email on my iPhone device is no different than it is on my Mac it's exactly the SAME

RIM needs to get a decent more fluent UI and OS, before they become extinct, if all these VZW iPhone rumors are true for next year, you'll start to see iPhone take over everywhere. Period
    12-06-10 08:44 AM
    ^^^ I agree with you, it seems rather silly that the device known for email capability does not render emails fully. Having said that, RIM seems to be making the right acquisitions and hopefully people will see a positive change in its products.
    12-06-10 12:23 PM
    We can agree to disagree but with the Storm 1 and Storm 2 in your signature it makes it hard for me to take you seriously.
    Ouch! That's kinda insulting! Just because *some* users were lured by the promise of a productive and aesthetically pleasing touchscreen blackberry <ahem> twice does not mean we are not serious about our tech gadgetry.

And those Storm 1 click-screen commercials were very persuasive at the time!

12-09-10 07:35 AM
    I own the original iPhone, owned the iPhone 4 for almost three months, have owned the Motorola Droid for 9 months, Motorola Droid X for 3 months and now the Samsung Fascinate.

I can honestly say that iOS trumps Android in the "polish" of the OS. With each Android device I owned, when you start adding apps and widgets (not even filling every screen), text messages, etc, the phone starts to exhibit more freezes and wonky behavior. What I will do is save my data and do a factory reset. Each time it works flawlessly and once again, as time goes on and I add back apps and more things, it starts to act wonky and freeze occasionally.

The other issue is the apps. iOS apps are just more polished, period. I like the fact that Apple checks the code in each app and that they must be approved. With Android, some apps will cause the device to act weird, I've downloaded a lot of apps that will freeze or force close. I just never had the issues when I was trying out various iOS apps.

Now I like the Fascinate and I think Android is almost as good as iOS, but I just don't think its quite as good. While Apple maintains tight control on its OS, you can tell why when you use both OS'.
    12-11-10 01:24 PM
    Ouch! That's kinda insulting! Just because *some* users were lured by the promise of a productive and aesthetically pleasing touchscreen blackberry <ahem> twice does not mean we are not serious about our tech gadgetry.

And those Storm 1 click-screen commercials were very persuasive at the time!

Sorry, those damn commercials .
    12-11-10 03:42 PM
    You will enjoy Android man. I haven't missed any other platform since making the switch.
    Just to update I got a Tmo G2. Great device with a keyboard, rooted, custom ROM on 2.2.1, overclocked to 1.5ghz- runs smooth as butter.

And you cant beat $80 a month for unlimited everything with no contract! I was paying ATT $85.65, even after a 15% discount, a month after tax for 450 min, texting and web. This will be maybe $10 more a month (since $6 for phone insurance which is a relief to finally have again) for unlimited everything. So next time something big comes to wireless, can always switch with zero penalty being on no contract.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 12-12-10 at 02:12 PM.
    12-12-10 02:09 PM
    Just to update I got a Tmo G2. Great device with a keyboard, rooted, custom ROM on 2.2.1, overclocked to 1.5ghz- runs smooth as butter.

And you cant beat $80 a month for unlimited everything with no contract! I was paying ATT $85.65, even after a 15% discount, a month after tax for 450 min, texting and web. This will be maybe $3-4 more a month for unlimited everything.
    Nice the G2 is a good device. Good luck with T-Mobile. They have terrible service where I live.
    12-12-10 02:12 PM
    Luckily here in Miami all of the carriers work pretty evenly and saturate the area; and all carriers have some issues in the skyscrapers/big buildings. Just the nature of the hurricane construction having something like 1 foot thick concrete exterior walls. You just kind of have to accept it.

But luckily TMo also has free wifi calling (uses minutes but have unlim now) which works GREAT. Can walk all over my place now and zero dropped calls going through my wireless router for signal. With ATT I was stuck withing 5 feet of the window and still had drops.

Like I said luckily Im on no contract so if service takes a nose dive in 6 months lets say, then can easily find other service and sell the phone. Not much to lose really.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 12-12-10 at 02:18 PM.
    12-12-10 02:14 PM
    Luckily here in Miami all of the carriers work pretty evenly and saturate the area; and all carriers have some issues in the skyscrapers/big buildings. Just the nature of the hurricane construction having something like 1 foot thick concrete exterior walls. You just kind of have to accept it.

But luckily TMo also has free wifi calling (uses minutes but have unlim now) which works GREAT. Can walk all over my place now and zero dropped calls going through my wireless router for signal. With ATT I was stuck withing 5 feet of the window and still had drops.

Like I said luckily Im on no contract so if service takes a nose dive in 6 months lets say, then can easily find other service and sell the phone. Not much to lose really.
    Yea that helps a lot. I live in a suburban town in NY about 45 minutes north of NYC. In my house, you can't get a T-Mobile signal, but you will have 5 bars of VZW or AT&T 3G. Sprint is almost as bad as T-Mobile in my area. But, using the WiFi for calls is a great way to get around the ****ty coverage. As long as it works for you, that's all that matters. If I were to switch to T-Mobile right now, I would buy the Nexus S. Just for the Pure Android experience. The G2 is really close though.
    12-12-10 02:20 PM
    G2 looks like a nice device. Iphone is good for people who want something easy to use with a decent battery. Its good to go right out the box, but if you want to be able to really customize your device you gotta go with Droid.
    12-12-10 03:13 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD