I plan on leaving bb and am having trouble picking between a android phone and iphone. I'm curious as to why you decided to go iphone. I'm hopping that hearing from you will help me to choose.
    11-27-10 07:10 AM
    Stability.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-10 07:29 AM
    I've heard stories of iPhones locking up. This is a fact of smart phone life. Doesn't matter what platform
    11-27-10 10:14 AM
    To me iOS is more fluid and streamlined than Android. Plus the Android platform is far too segmented for my tastes.
    11-27-10 10:17 AM
    Segmented, how? Thanks in advance
    11-27-10 10:26 AM
    Polished UI. Hands down...
    11-27-10 12:38 PM
    In reality theyre similar OSs in the way they do a lot of things.

It really comes down to preference and what you like most. Also if you like hacking/tweking/customizing, Android will be better. If you just want it to do what it does well out of the box in one way then iphone is better. Pure preference in what you want out of a device.
    lssanjose likes this.
    11-27-10 12:46 PM
    Segmented, how? Thanks in advance
    Different versions of the OS depending on the phone and the *** backwards way software upgrades are rolled out.
    11-27-10 01:19 PM
    ah, I understand. That's something of a turn off with regards to Linux, also. But, I guess that's what happens when things are wide open as they are. Some prefer this, some don't. At the same time, it really does allow for a high degree of uniqueness, despite being so splintered in appearance.
    11-27-10 01:56 PM
    I chose the iPhone because I wasn't impressed by the android devices att offered.
    11-27-10 03:47 PM
    Different versions of the OS depending on the phone and the *** backwards way software upgrades are rolled out.
    You are talking about fragmentation and it is not as big of a deal as some blogs/media make it out to be.

There are plenty of ways of getting the newest version of Android on your device. We don't need to rely on the carrier/manufacturer to do this for us. The G1 (first Android device) is able to run Android 2.2 (Froyo). None issue. The user just needs to go about the upgrade, and it is extremely easy.

Also, every app I have used on Android works great on any device I have downloaded it on. Once again, the issue is much smaller than people make it out to be.

I used an iPhone for almost 2 years. The OSs have many similarities. Android offers more customization and freedom out of the box, while the iPhone offers a little smoother experience (and that really doesn't hold true anymore, newer Android devices run incredibly smooth) and some consider certain aspects to be more polished.

Plain and simple, if you want something that just works and you need nothing else out of it, get the iPhone. If you want a device to become your own and you want to be able to customize everything and have the freedom to do whatever you want with your device, go Android.
    11-27-10 03:52 PM
    I picked iPhone over everything for the last year because of its simplicity. Very, very
    nicely made hardware, beautiful display, simple UI right out of the box. Within that
    year I tried an Evo, Incredible, and Droid 2. Went back to my iPhone each time.
    Recently got my Droid X and am ready to sell my iPhone 4. Was a bit exhausted of
    trying to connect each app to do certain things (with a jailbreak of course). I got
    sick of it and the updates with gimmicks. I switched and am more than ready to sell
    my iPhone 4 soon.

Depends what you're looking for. If you're a BB user and plan to leave, be prepared
    to know that you can't customize much if you don't jailbreak. No custom SMS
    tones, no notification system like BB or Android. Just remember small things like that.
    11-27-10 06:42 PM
    How much??
    11-27-10 06:45 PM
    How much??
    It looks like I found my buyer today. Supposed to have $600 for me in cash by Monday.
    11-27-10 06:51 PM
    I picked iPhone over everything for the last year because of its simplicity. Very, very
    nicely made hardware, beautiful display, simple UI right out of the box. Within that
    year I tried an Evo, Incredible, and Droid 2. Went back to my iPhone each time.
    Recently got my Droid X and am ready to sell my iPhone 4. Was a bit exhausted of
    trying to connect each app to do certain things (with a jailbreak of course). I got
    sick of it and the updates with gimmicks. I switched and am more than ready to sell
    my iPhone 4 soon.

Depends what you're looking for. If you're a BB user and plan to leave, be prepared
    to know that you can't customize much if you don't jailbreak. No custom SMS
    tones, no notification system like BB or Android. Just remember small things like that.
    Same here, just tired of finding jailbreak solutions to Apple's OS issues. Its a great OS but things like notifications are becoming a dealbreaker with no sign of being fixed. The jailbreak solutions are OK, but piecemealed together instead of fluid like Android notifications.

I plan on picking up an Android device (be it the Captivate on ATT or go with another carrier) within a few weeks. Leaning more towards another carrier with all the iphone dropped calls (might not be ATT 100% but they're tarnishing their own image then with customers).
    11-27-10 08:42 PM
    Same here, just tired of finding jailbreak solutions to Apple's OS issues. Its a great OS but things like notifications are becoming a dealbreaker with no sign of being fixed. The jailbreak solutions are OK, but piecemealed together instead of fluid like Android notifications.

I plan on picking up an Android device (be it the Captivate on ATT or go with another carrier) within a few weeks. Leaning more towards another carrier with all the iphone dropped calls (might not be ATT 100% but they're tarnishing their own image then with customers).
    You will enjoy Android man. I haven't missed any other platform since making the switch.
    11-27-10 11:07 PM
    Im just debating what to get. I know I want a keyboard, which ATT doenst offer anyways (despite the dropped calls)

Thinking the Droid 2 global, love the 1.2 ghz idea. I like the Epic 4g too, but wiht the $10 premium data (which we dont have 4g here anyways) sprint isnt any cheaper with my VZW 15% discount.
    11-27-10 11:21 PM
    Im just debating what to get. I know I want a keyboard, which ATT doenst offer anyways (despite the dropped calls)

Thinking the Droid 2 global, love the 1.2 ghz idea. I like the Epic 4g too, but wiht the $10 premium data (which we dont have 4g here anyways) sprint isnt any cheaper with my VZW 15% discount.
    If you are going to make the switch to VZW, I would wait till the beginning of next year. Next gen devices are coming out along with 2.3. LTE devices are right around the corner and they will have the best hardware.
    11-27-10 11:28 PM
    Well its more a business thing so whenever it is it is.

Im not all that concerned, Im sure 2.3 will come to the Droid 2 considering its a newer phone and the hardware is surely capable.

LTE is whatever to me really, I doubt itll be on phones until Feb/March and who knows if itll be a keyboard device (requirements). Im on WIFI 95% of the time (home and work) of using data anyways really. I think Ive used 80mb of iphone data this month on 3G.

I could always buy a new phone too, I tend to do that a lot lol. I of course only plan to sign a 1 year contract if anything, the phone is only $70 more so its not a huge cost.
    11-28-10 12:19 AM
    Oh ok I understand. The Droid 2 global is a very nice device.
    11-28-10 12:22 AM
    Just putting this out there as a potential option.

I have a Tour and love the messaging/notification system so I want to stick with BB. My plan is to buy a playbook instead of continually upgrading my phone every time a better one comes along. Have two devices for the price of continually upgrading the one is my thought. With the interconnection between the BB and Playbook there is no file/contact/messaging syncing to manage...its done automatically. I'm always traveling with a messenger bag so its not a big deal for me to have another device. The multimedia abilities on the Playbook (or other tablet) will smoke all phones regardless of platform.
    11-28-10 01:14 PM
    I tried a Droid 2 once and couldn't stand the keyboard. Couldn't get any rhythm at all.
    Coming from an iPhone, the Droid X was the perfect conversion.
    11-28-10 01:19 PM
    I'm almost a month on my Droid, and still haven't gotten a feel for the slide out keyboard. But, I'm determined.
    11-28-10 01:35 PM
    The multimedia abilities on the Playbook (or other tablet) will smoke all phones regardless of platform.
    Why because of screen size? There are Android devices in development with better hardware than the PlayBook has and any other tablet. The experience will be much smoother on those devices. If you are talking specifically about screen size than I could agree.
    11-28-10 02:16 PM
    I'm almost a month on my Droid, and still haven't gotten a feel for the slide out keyboard. But, I'm determined.
    It takes a little bit but I was able to type as fast on that keyboard as I was on my 9000. The 9000 was a much more pleasant experience though. I am able to type faster on a touchscreen than any smartphone physical keyboard in general.
    11-28-10 02:22 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD