Exactly @trojanscott so i dont understand how @Chetan can say its contradictory.

@trojanscott do you think emailing on the BB is better?
    08-26-11 07:09 PM
    I went from the 9700 to the ip4 because I loved the look of the ip4 and the folder option. As far as tweaking the BB, I was constantly dl'ing themes and deleting them again (to free up memory). I use my iPhone for a lot more than i did my BB, but that's probably because I dont use it for business. Though lots of people who do are on either phone. I think they're both great phones and platforms. Who knows, maybe one day I'll get tired of iOS and switch back to BB.
    08-26-11 07:21 PM
    @oldblueyez you did but we already addressed that the battery is not as great as it seems to be

and emailing is only inbox management (reading and deleting)

the iphone ui is cutomizable via cydia and yes it voids the warranty

u can use customized os on the iphone (similar to hybrids for BB) but its a security issue.

the torch 9810 as a smaller screen, lower quality screen, lower quality cam, not so good keyboard and let me not even mension the virtual keys. its also a pain to be sliding the device all the time to type.

hardware wise the 9810 doesnt seem to be better than the iphone.

is BB OS 7 better than iOS?
    New iPhone w/regular use got about one work day.
    New BB9810 w/ regular use got an entire day.
    Your correct messaging is better on the BB.
    Voiding the warranty for a custom UI is inferior.
    I already said the iPhone excelled with the screen size, resolution, and camera.
    A keyboard is better than none and the 9810 keyboard is better than most.
    I don't know the height of the two devices but the 9810 feels just as slim, even with the slider. The BB is .55" and the iPhone is .37". Small price to pay for a nice keyboard.
    Also, Blackberry offers 3 form factors and Apple offers 1. That is a disadvantage.

Like I said, I don't want to be in a fanboy war, but your logic is obviously jaded and competitive and without reasonable logic.
    Last edited by olblueyez; 08-26-11 at 07:44 PM.
    08-26-11 07:28 PM
    I went from the 9700 to the ip4 because I loved the look of the ip4 and the folder option. As far as tweaking the BB, I was constantly dl'ing themes and deleting them again (to free up memory). I use my iPhone for a lot more than i did my BB, but that's probably because I dont use it for business. Though lots of people who do are on either phone. I think they're both great phones and platforms. Who knows, maybe one day I'll get tired of iOS and switch back to BB.
    I can go along with the preference thing even if I prefer BB. All touch and easy to use are very attractive features and its easy to understand why people are attracted to the iPhone.

I think part of this is "why did BB get so behind" and that is all but gone with the OS7 devices. That being said it is now more of a preference thing and when I say the 9810 is superior I am obviously comparing the 9810 to an iphone that is on it's way out and that is also my opinion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-11 07:35 PM
    one work day vs entire work day? isnt that the same thing?

this is not a fanboy war. yes it is BAD that customizing the ui voids the warranty, its just HORRIBLE.

for the keyboard.. im talking about the virtual keyboard. i have used both and as much as i HATE the iphone's virtual keys.. sorry to say the 9810 is worst. (physical keys are always better)

the 9810 cannot feel as slim as the iphone 4 when the only hardware change is the battery cover... it just cannot.
    08-26-11 07:36 PM

I think part of this is "why did BB get so behind" and that is all but gone with the OS7 devices.

OS7 devices is what blackberries shouldve been a year ago.

mobile devices are going dual core and rim is still single core... i honestly thought the 9900 was dual core... only to find out its not.
    08-26-11 07:38 PM
    Rademe, maybe you should drop the fanboy stuff, it isn't helping you to make a valid point. In fact it is hindering you from making a valid point at all.

tacocaliente and dudermont like this.
    08-26-11 07:48 PM
    this has nothing to do with fanboyism.... when i say its what they should be a year ago im talking about compared Samsung, HTC and Motorola devices, not just Apple.

my only quest was to find why they are better and the same tasks iphone or any other phone does.... but it seems you are the one saying stuff off the top of your head with no actual proof or logic.
    08-26-11 07:58 PM
    I owned the iPhone 4 as well as the Blackberry Tour, Bold, Storm2, Pearl, Bold 9930 (the newest one)

I only had the iPhone for about a month and was OK with it.
    I prefer BlackBerry because-

-I felt like if I were to drop the iPhone it would shatter right away, never had that feeling with BlackBerry.

-I didn't need any of those apps. I'm fine with BrickBreaker, which I barely play. How often do you expect to play angry birds on a phone? I use my phone for messaging and phone calls with the occasional web browser usage.

-PUSH EMAIL. I needed push email on my device, BlackBerry has it, iPhone doesn't. Without push email you have no idea how many assignments for my school I would've handed in late and how many tests I would've forgotten to study for.

-Physical Keyboard. I need it, some don't. If you are a heavy messager, you'll probably want a physical keyboard.

- BBM!!! You have no idea how GREAT BBM IS until you have it. All my friends have BBM and I use it AT LEAST 2-3 hours a day. We all can not imagine having the on going conversations we have if we didn't have BBM. Trust me, I had the iPhone for a month and the people who have BBM barely texted me just because the conversations aren't as ongoing as they are with BBM.

Although many people prefer the iPhone, there are still a large group of people that prefer BlackBerry. The physical keyboard, push email and BBM are the main reasons for me.

ALSO- Battery life.
    08-26-11 08:08 PM
    Oh and it's all about personal preference.
    I know AT LEAST 5 people that got the iPhone and switched back to BlackBerry.
    tacocaliente likes this.
    08-26-11 08:09 PM
    LOL. yes. i have a 9900. and i do enjoy that phone and im afraid to give my iphone to anyone in fear they would drop it and shatter the glass.

BBM is GREAT. annoying too.

we made it clear the physical keyboards are better (9900 keyboard is the best EVRRRRRR!) in terms of a virtual keys which on is better to type on?

iphone does have push email budd... and what i have noticed is that it comes to my iphone before it goes to my bb (a result of everything goinh to rim i guess)

interms of the emailing i was talkin about the management of your messages and folders..
    08-26-11 08:15 PM
    Then get your stupid iPhone activate it and stop complaining. It's obvious no one can convince you.

And BBM isn't as annoying as the iPhone's notification system.
    08-26-11 08:19 PM
    this has nothing to do with fanboyism.... when i say its what they should be a year ago im talking about compared Samsung, HTC and Motorola devices, not just Apple.

my only quest was to find why they are better and the same tasks iphone or any other phone does.... but it seems you are the one saying stuff off the top of your head with no actual proof or logic.
    "Dual Core doesn't equal better" just like "work day doesn't equal entire day".

08-26-11 08:20 PM
    Then get your stupid iPhone activate it and stop complaining. It's obvious no one can convince you.

And BBM isn't as annoying as the iPhone's notification system.
    i have both iphone and BB. im runnin ios 5 beta 6 and the notification system was fixed.

dual core may not mean better, but faster, yes.

i do love rim. i just wish they would compete..... PROPERLY
    08-26-11 08:23 PM
    i have both iphone and BB. im runnin ios 5 beta 6 and the notification system was fixed.

dual core may not mean better, but faster, yes.

i do love rim. i just wish they would compete..... PROPERLY
    Faster with less efficient code and more power hungry.

08-26-11 08:32 PM
    Faster with less efficient code
    Proof and source?
    08-26-11 08:38 PM
    Buy both, feel it, choose what you want and stop asking stupid opinion, its entirely subjective.. This thread is a waste of time. Probably confused kids wants to buy what they can't have, yet.
    Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    08-26-11 08:40 PM
    Proof and source?
    OS code has no bearing on the speed of the device?

08-26-11 09:04 PM
    Buy both, feel it, choose what you want and stop asking stupid opinion, its entirely subjective.. This thread is a waste of time. Probably confused kids wants to buy what they can't have, yet.
    Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    did you miss the part where we said we are OWNERS of these devices?
    08-26-11 09:27 PM
    OS code has no bearing on the speed of the device?

yes it does... the less coding the less time taken to execute.
    john dunbar likes this.
    08-26-11 09:29 PM
    Exactly @trojanscott so i dont understand how @Chetan can say its contradictory.

@trojanscott do you think emailing on the BB is better?
    So far, I actually like the layout of the email system on iphone better than BB. They are different for sure. As I stated in my other post about switching, I still do not have my work email tied to my iphone. Once that happens, I'll have a better understanding. I get probably 100-200 work emails a day, so I want to see what it does to battery life. Don't know what it's like with attachments, which my blackberry did pretty well with. However, for my personal email, so far, I like the iphone. I see the whole email, can navigate through it easier.

As for actual emailing, I'm still getting used to the iphone, but the virtual keyboard is better than I thought it would be. I type fine on it.
    08-26-11 10:53 PM
    I owned the iPhone 4 as well as the Blackberry Tour, Bold, Storm2, Pearl, Bold 9930 (the newest one)

I only had the iPhone for about a month and was OK with it.
    I prefer BlackBerry because-

-I felt like if I were to drop the iPhone it would shatter right away, never had that feeling with BlackBerry.

-I didn't need any of those apps. I'm fine with BrickBreaker, which I barely play. How often do you expect to play angry birds on a phone? I use my phone for messaging and phone calls with the occasional web browser usage.

-PUSH EMAIL. I needed push email on my device, BlackBerry has it, iPhone doesn't. Without push email you have no idea how many assignments for my school I would've handed in late and how many tests I would've forgotten to study for.

-Physical Keyboard. I need it, some don't. If you are a heavy messager, you'll probably want a physical keyboard.

- BBM!!! You have no idea how GREAT BBM IS until you have it. All my friends have BBM and I use it AT LEAST 2-3 hours a day. We all can not imagine having the on going conversations we have if we didn't have BBM. Trust me, I had the iPhone for a month and the people who have BBM barely texted me just because the conversations aren't as ongoing as they are with BBM.

Although many people prefer the iPhone, there are still a large group of people that prefer BlackBerry. The physical keyboard, push email and BBM are the main reasons for me.

ALSO- Battery life.
    I'm not trying to sound like an iphone fanboy here, because it's only been two weeks. If anything, I just like defending, and I did the same with my BB.

-I agree about feeling the iPhone is delicate, and just can't drop it. I haven't yet. I have a decent case on it, but I dropped my S2 countless times. The guy at the Apple store told me, "treat it like a $750 device" and it was great advice. I do think about it that way. But, yes, I do feel the same about it possibly shattering.

-Agreed with MOST of the apps. One other point I'd like to make? I've probably spent $50 in two weeks on apps, it can be a little addicting, and some are a novelty and not worth it. However, some are really great. At least with the iPhone, you don't have to worry about not finding a quality app if you do need it. Navigating through the BB app store was a joke, and the apps weren't very good, IMO. I don't need to play games either, but I will say, after having a couple good ones, (brickbreaker isn't!) that I've had say 10 mins to kill, they're pretty fun.

-Disagree here, my iphone pushes my email through in seconds. As fast as my BB did? No. However, would I miss anything? Absolutely not. My emails arrive in 5 seconds or less. If that's not good enough for some people, they're way more important than I am. (or think they are.)

-totally agree, if heavy messaging, a physical keyboard is better. However, if you value a full screen, which I really do, you can be very proficient with a virtual keyboard. I'd say I'm a "medium" user when it comes to messaging.

-BBM, I never really got to experience it, so I can't say. I tried it with two friends on BB, and seriuosly, they texted directly FAR more than BBM. They both no longer own berries. Most of my friends don't any more. Work colleagues, yes, but that's about it.

-Battery life, perhaps it's an issue for some Android users, but I researched quite a bit before trying the iphone, and everyone reports pretty good battery life. I'm really pleasantly surprised at just how long the iphone does last. Seriously, with today's smart phones: awesome cameras, big screens, high resolution, etc, it's gonna suck battery life. I'd be happy with a full day, charging nightly. Most do that anyway, no? It's 9pm, and I started with a full charge this morning. After about 10 emails, 5 texts, quite a few games of Ninja Fruit for my four year old, checking baseball scores from 4pm on with Score Mobile, and 3 phone calls, my battery is at 42%.
    Maybe I'll get a better idea once this phone has to deal with 200 emails a day, I'm curious to see how it goes. I'm also curious to see what kind of batter life the NEW blackberries get, running OS7, and better cameras, screens, etc. Also, a fair comparison will be the ip5, as the ip4 is a year old, and the new berries just dropped.

I only had the Storm series, but have friends that have had the Bold, Curve, etc, and sorry, no comparison to the ip4 in how fluid, and things it can do.

Again, I have no idea how the new BB's are, I plan to check them out. I know they're getting great reviews.

One last point, if you wanted occasional web browsing, I just can't even imagine going to the old berries for that. It was HORRIBLE. No comparison to the iphone. New berries seem to be a different story though, and I think that's great!!!!
    I'm all about BOTH platforms upping their game, keeping everyone striving to do their best. Without that, you'd have no choices in life.
    lssanjose likes this.
    08-26-11 11:14 PM
    well, yea. sorry about that.

but @Duvi are agreeing that the only reason the BB's are better is because of the keyboard? lol
    Nope... I'm saying that if I want a keyboard, a BlackBerry would be my only choice. If I wanted a full touchscreen, it wouldn't be.
    the_sleuth likes this.
    08-27-11 12:27 AM
    I have an email filter and call blocker from Antair and they both work fantastic. I also use MemoryUp and NetworkAcc from eMobiStudio and they also work very well for my 9000. NetworkAcc and MemoryUp were necessary for all the usual 4.6 & 5.0 builds but not really required for the Hybrid I am using on my phone. They do enhance speed and prevent leaks though, even on the Hybrid.

Does the iPhone have any utilities like this? The spam filter and call blocker are absolute necessities.

08-27-11 03:19 AM
    Okay I will jump in on this debate. But before I do I will give you my BB phone history. 8330, 8830, 9530,9630,9650.

Droid OG, Samsung Fascinate, Droid X, HTC Incredible

iPhones 3gs, iPhone 4 iOS5 currently on phone

If you need a physical keyboard advantage BB.
    If you need a bigger Screen Advantage iPhone
    Battery Life PUSH
    Email Handling advantage iPhone (not truncated and FULL html support.
    Web Browsing iPhone
    Security BB
    DATA consumption BB
    App Store iPhone
    No need for custom OS i.e. Hybrid/Root and ROM advantage iPhone
    Phone just works out of the box iPhone

It all depends on the users needs.

My setup is currently this. All of my emails flow in and out of GMAIL and I have it setup as an exchange acct (everything in the cloud) until iCloud matures and becomes official.

WiFi Sync via iOS5 Beta 6 and iTunes.
    08-27-11 08:52 AM
106 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD