can anyone answer this question?

Please i ask, leave the fanboy-ism/fangirl-ism out of this.

when you answer, think logically and tell me WHY?!!!
    08-26-11 05:20 PM
    Because BlackBerry works better for ME. No other reason, other than the best keyboard ever put on a phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    TIMSHULL likes this.
    08-26-11 05:25 PM
    okay so the only reason why its better is because it has a better keyboard?
    08-26-11 05:31 PM
    You only read half of his statement. It's better for "him".

That's the only reason their is. I prefer touchscreen keyboards, but if I were to choose a device with physical keyboards, I would go with a BlackBerry, hands down.
    08-26-11 05:35 PM
    I'm not going to say "better". But they are different. Here are a few advantages to owning a Blackberry.

Push Mail & Messaging, no other device compares. Blackberry's have a customizable user interface meaning you have a ton of options for setting up how your Blackberry looks and operates. You can use custom software that is available through the Blackberry community without fear of voiding your warranty, and quite often the leaked or hybrid software works better than the official software. Blackberry's also have a big advantage that wasn't important until lately now that carriers are moving to limited data packages. Blackberry's use compressed data so that every time you send/receive an email or load a web page or have your weather app update the Blackberry will use half of the data that an iPhone or Android would use. Blackberry's also have better battery life as compared to the iPhone. Anyone tells you the iPhone lasts longer on a single charge than a comparable Blackberry is full of it.

garyf33 and willtothewong like this.
    08-26-11 05:38 PM
    well, yea. sorry about that.

but @Duvi are agreeing that the only reason the BB's are better is because of the keyboard? lol
    08-26-11 05:40 PM
    no offense @oldblueeyez. but the only thing i see where the blackberry exeeds in your post is battery life and messaging (not emails) and i would assume messaging is better because of the keyboard....
    08-26-11 05:45 PM
    Yesterday I was at wal mart and went to phone kiosk area, within 5 seconds of looking at the phones the Rep lady said "oh, you don't want a Blackberry" they suck! I couldn't believe it..

08-26-11 05:47 PM
    did she tell you why?
    08-26-11 05:49 PM
    Next time ask her why owning a device that costs less to own is inferior?!?!?!???

Last edited by olblueyez; 08-26-11 at 06:06 PM.
    08-26-11 05:52 PM
    lets for get the data plan aspect of this and talk about the devices them selves and the OS. i know BB data is capped as a result of RIM's servers, lets say data costs is not an issue here.
    08-26-11 05:58 PM
    If you want a more honest opinion on iphone vs. blackberry, read my thread. I just switched the iphone. I'm not a fanboy of either. I was a Storm user, so maybe my thoughts on BB are a bit jaded compared to others.

I prefer a full screen. If you want a full screen, IMO, there's no reason to own a BB.

If you need a keyboard, absolutely, go with BB.

So far, I've found messaging on the iphone to be equal, if not better than the BB. I don't use BBM, (and since a lot of people have left BB, there are fewer contacts) and I actually prefer the mail layout on iOS.

Battery life on the iPhone is better than my S2. FLAT OUT, period. In fact, to the comment above on a "comparable blackberry" to an iphone? Well, those comparable have barely hit the streets. With faster processors, bigger screens on the touches, etc, I'm thinking the jury might be out still on battery life. None of the older BB compare to an iphone4, not in my opinion.

Agreed, if you enjoy customizing your phone, BB or Andriod, for that matter, are better. With that said, I always find this point funny. BB/Android fans say things like, "being a slave to Apple, no customization," etc, yet, at the same time, "it's a phone, not a toy," is uttered. Uh... okay. Well, for me, I agree, it's a phone, so I don't really care too much how "custom" it looks. I don't wear it on my chest for all to see, it's in my pocket.

Call quality, IMO, is better on BB. iPhone is not bad though, not so bad that I'd give it up at this point. But, before my S2 started to reboot 5 times a day, and flat out not hold a charge for more than 4 hours, (with a new battery) it did have better call quality.

The LED notification light on the BB is great, I miss that.

In the end, pick the phone that works best for you. There is no "best phone."
    08-26-11 06:04 PM
    Using a storm doesn't really qualify you to compare the two. After recent experiences with both the iPhone 4 and the 9810 I think the 9810 is far superior except for a few areas. The 9810 screen is smaller and the 9810 UI is more complex than the Apple OS. Also the Apple has a nicer camera. The complexity of the OS7 OS compared to iOS is really a matter of opinion. I like to set up my phone exactly the way I want it so the added flexibility of the BBOS is more appealing to me, I can however see how the Apple UI would appeal to those of us who want nothing more than simple. Having hard keys makes using the device on the go much easier to use. Sitting in a car or walking, even using the device one handed is easier. This includes the 9850/9860.

Blackberry data isn't capped. Its compressed.
    Last edited by olblueyez; 08-26-11 at 06:16 PM.
    08-26-11 06:13 PM
    i agree fully with what you say. see i own plenty of blackberries and all the iphones since '07.

i have my reasons why a BB is "better" and i have reasons why an iphone is "better" as well...

all i want was to see where these guys head space was and to have them put the fanboy-ism out the door and really think. really compare unbiasedly which one has a better hardware and platform.

the great blackberry battery life is not as super as its made out to be nor is the email.... all i can do is manage the inbox (i use manage loosley as its only read and delete) i was never a BES user so emailing on the device was totally crippled.

iphone battery is not particulary better either but i do prefer emailing on the iphone
    08-26-11 06:15 PM
    I think the 9810 is far superior except for a few areas.
    why is it superior?
    08-26-11 06:16 PM
    why is it superior?
    I have already given you answers to that question. Maybe if you wish to be more specific.

Last edited by olblueyez; 08-26-11 at 07:17 PM.
    08-26-11 06:37 PM
    Using a storm doesn't really qualify you to compare the two. After recent experiences with both the iPhone 4 and the 9810 I think the 9810 is far superior except for a few areas. The 9810 screen is smaller and the 9810 UI is more complex than the Apple OS. Also the Apple has a nicer camera. The complexity of the OS7 OS compared to iOS is really a matter of opinion. I like to set up my phone exactly the way I want it so the added flexibility of the BBOS is more appealing to me, I can however see how the Apple UI would appeal to those of us who want nothing more than simple. Having hard keys makes using the device on the go much easier to use. Sitting in a car or walking, even using the device one handed is easier. This includes the 9850/9860.

Blackberry data isn't capped. Its compressed.
    You're probably right, the Storm stunk, so maybe I'm not the most qualified to compare. However, I will say that I know a few people with Bolds and Curves who were sick of the hourglass, not being able to browse the net, etc.
    I will say the new BB's look great, and the new OS7 looks pretty sweet. From all I've read, browsing is fantastic.

Also agree that having hard keys is easier to use while busy, I can speak from experience there, not on a BB, but say even the LG envy. Was awesome to text on. For me though, being able to type a bit faster isn't imperative. I can do just fine on virtual. (either BB or iPhone)

My preference is the larger screen though. I was tempted to try the bigger HTC phones via Android, but the battery life there and crashes turned me off. Have a few friends that tried the Thunderbolt, and all returned it.
    08-26-11 06:39 PM
    Yep, depends on you (the user).

Asking which is better, and why... well, you open the door to bias.

I think BBs are still formidable devices, capable of getting stuff done, even though I don't use one currently.
    08-26-11 06:49 PM
    @oldblueyez you did but we already addressed that the battery is not as great as it seems to be

and emailing is only inbox management (reading and deleting)

the iphone ui is cutomizable via cydia and yes it voids the warranty

u can use customized os on the iphone (similar to hybrids for BB) but its a security issue.

the torch 9810 as a smaller screen, lower quality screen, lower quality cam, not so good keyboard and let me not even mension the virtual keys. its also a pain to be sliding the device all the time to type.

hardware wise the 9810 doesnt seem to be better than the iphone.

is BB OS 7 better than iOS?
    08-26-11 06:53 PM
    Yep, depends on you (the user).

Asking which is better, and why... well, you open the door to bias.
    i knoq it open the doors to bias views. thats why i asked.
    08-26-11 06:54 PM
    is this a 10 year old asking this question?its contradictory all over again.it doesn't matter if one is better than the other or not.whichever suits your needs thats the best one.there is going to be endless debates of blackberry versus android versus apple.for the companies its a battle for supremecy but for regular consumers its a just matter of which fulfills their personal needs.thats my approach.i consider my needs very important.and thats my deciding factor whenever i buy any new device.
    08-26-11 07:00 PM
    type.

is BB OS 7 better than iOS?
    Try both, and see what's best for you. I'd wait for iOS 5 to be out to really compare the two.
    08-26-11 07:02 PM
    no, i am not 10.

as for your needs or the end users needs i totally agree with you.

see the thing is, all of them can fulfill your needs.

the question about which is better is about which one does the same tasks better... hence meeting your needs better....
    08-26-11 07:04 PM
    Try both, and see what's best for you. I'd wait for iOS 5 to be out to really compare the two.
    i have. i want the views of others.

RIM added only one new feature in "OS7".... panel management....
    08-26-11 07:06 PM
    no, i am not 10.

as for your needs or the end users needs i totally agree with you.

see the thing is, all of them can fulfill your needs.

the question about which is better is about which one does the same tasks better... hence meeting your needs better....
    That's just it. BB and iphone can do the same tasks, say with email. BB people will say it doesn't drain battery. iPhone will say no truncated emails.

There's always an argument for either side.
    Rademe likes this.
    08-26-11 07:06 PM
106 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD