Interesting your types that wish failures for others.
    The same types that would have pushed the kill switch on Apple back in 97 when just about bankrupt, Apple took cash and a software commitment from MS to survive. Now today those same types gobble up Apple like it was the second coming. Baa Baa

Just remember competition is good.
    I don't wish failure on everybody just the ones that deserves it. I've put up with this Crapberry for almost 2 years, and wonder why they would knowingloutput out such a pos onto the market and expect there to be no backlash. It was my fault that I didn't do the proper research before I purchased the phone but I at least deserve the enjoyment of seeing the source of my anguish fail. Hey, if you like your PC or Blackberry, I'm happy for you. I want to see RIM and Microsoft die, if they were people, I would be in prison for murder right now. Yes, the hate runs deep.
    09-21-11 12:04 PM
    Wow this thread headed the wrong way. I was wondering what kind of setups people had and how apple made it effortless.
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-21-11 12:19 PM
    1/2 the price? Even if it is, that's with 10x the headaches. I still have not gotten my computers to play nicely with each other on the network. I have a Dell desktop connected to my big screen as a media center. I have another computer that acts as a media server. Those two frequently disconnects from each other and I have not been able to watch an entire movie without it cutting out. I end up moving the file over to my Dell to watch it. I want seamless integration and not only that, I want it to be good looking while doing it. The interfaces that are in the Windows machine are not standardized and are ugly as sin. Apple's got it right. I've always been a fan since the Apple II and I had the first couple models of the Mac LC. Cost was the deciding factor for me to move to the PC. I'm very proficient with using the PC, but I am sick and tired of fixing the damn thing so it would run half way decent. My wife is not computer literate and the damn thing always have hardware/ software issues when I'm not around. It is my wish that Microsoft gets what's coming to RIM. Just read an article on Bing.... What a fail, I love it!
    I don't know, never have any windows issues and have a mixture of xp, vista and 7. I tried using mac os many times and couldn't get the hang of it. Seems very inefficient. I still to this day wonder what one gets for their money when they buy an apple product because seemingly for the same tasks/functionality they cost more.

As the saying goes, YMMV and to each their own. Not bashing, just to be clear.
    09-21-11 12:20 PM
    Sorry, didn't mean to turn it into a bashing contest. But I do very much want the setup you have.
    09-21-11 12:50 PM
    No worries I was like wow this took a turn I didn't see coming.
    09-21-11 02:19 PM
    Chrisy what will amaze you is there is little to no setup.

In iTunes turn on home sharing, go to Apple tv sign into home sharing, same with the phone and viola all the music is there. Then they can get the remote app from the app store (free) and control the apple tv from their phones.

Only catch they all have to be on the same wifi. Not really an issue when you are inside the house.
    That's one of the things that die hard BB users have joked about with the iPhone. I won't repeat what I've seen. But to me thats what makes the experience so much better. Everything works...effortlessly. It couldn't be any easier, I even tried to use the playbook but it just frustrated me. Bought a used iPad and couldn't be happier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-21-11 08:13 PM
    1/2 the price? Even if it is, that's with 10x the headaches. I still have not gotten my computers to play nicely with each other on the network. I have a Dell desktop connected to my big screen as a media center. I have another computer that acts as a media server. Those two frequently disconnects from each other and I have not been able to watch an entire movie without it cutting out. I end up moving the file over to my Dell to watch it. I want seamless integration and not only that, I want it to be good looking while doing it. The interfaces that are in the Windows machine are not standardized and are ugly as sin. Apple's got it right. I've always been a fan since the Apple II and I had the first couple models of the Mac LC. Cost was the deciding factor for me to move to the PC. I'm very proficient with using the PC, but I am sick and tired of fixing the damn thing so it would run half way decent. My wife is not computer literate and the damn thing always have hardware/ software issues when I'm not around. It is my wish that Microsoft gets what's coming to RIM. Just read an article on Bing.... What a fail, I love it!
    I used to tell people, "dude, you're getting a Dell." Now, I say, "you're getting a Mac." For myself, though I'm a tinkerer at heart, so I'll bare the scars, myself. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I loathe using Windows, and am comfortable with a Mac, but I've gotten self-satisfaction messing with Linux . I'd use a Mac, before using Windows. I'm looking to do a personal Hackintosh setup, in the not too distant future

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    i7guy likes this.
    09-21-11 11:10 PM
    Off-topic a bit (though I am sure that AP won't mind): what is so despicable about Apple's view of the world? How does it differ from RIM's (or any other company)?

They are in it to make money by offering good products, no?
    Everyone in this world is in it to make money, only thing is apple is at 410$ a share, sitting on more liquid capital then the government of the US, and provides superb products. While on the other hand RIM has almost no idea what to do with their company, has lost more then 50% of value on their security, and just keeps sliding downhill. So how does it differ from RIM and other companies out there? It simply offers simplicity.
    09-23-11 12:37 AM
    Everyone in this world is in it to make money, only thing is apple is at 410$ a share, sitting on more liquid capital then the government of the US, and provides superb products. While on the other hand RIM has almost no idea what to do with their company, has lost more then 50% of value on their security, and just keeps sliding downhill. So how does it differ from RIM and other companies out there? It simply offers simplicity.
    With simplicity there is a limit. Some things I want to be simple, some things I don't.
    lssanjose likes this.
    09-23-11 06:55 AM
    I don't have ATV, but I do have MobileMe. MoMe is another Apple thing that takes it on the chin but I like it. Originally it was designed to sync preferences and so forth across several Macs but I got it when I switched to Mac so I could try the web hosting. I was disappointed in the web hosting. No server side scripting whatsoever. But when I got an iPod Touch, I found my data was syncing with my Mac effortlessly. Then I bought an iPad and my data was all on the thing before leaving the Apple store. Lastly I got an iPhone 4 a year ago to replace my decrepit BB8830. Once again, all my data was on my iPhone before leaving the Apple store. Apps was another thing entirely but I liked having sync of all my contacts, calendar etc wirelessly and effortlessly.

I've heard google does the same thing for Android. The thing is every time I tried to sync my Mac with google contacts, I got duplicates. I also found Google doesn't like talking to people on the phone. I lost access to my gmail account on 2 occasions in the past 3 years and Google was no help at all. That sealed it for me that I want to do business with a company that wants to talk to me. I would say this was the primary reason I decided to stick with Apple's cloud over Google's cloud. Sorry but I never got a chance to try busysync. I don't know whose fault all those sync problems were and by now I don't care. I find an "all Apple" ecosystem, from my AEBS router to my computers to my phone to my tablet, everything "just works". Yes it cost a little more but I haven't spent any all-nighters reinstalling drivers or futzing with activation codes since I went Apple. I did have a little scare updating all the memory in my older Mac minis so they could run Lion but that was not such big deal in the end.
    Last edited by r0k; 09-26-11 at 07:01 AM.
    Accidental Post likes this.
    09-26-11 06:58 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD