Ok here is why I believe Apple is leading the all around smartphone,tablet,computer,media experience.

We had a cookout at the house on Saturday and the wife says honey lets play some music. I said no problem. Turned on ATV2 clicked computers and was streaming my iTunes library through my Surround sound system. Wanted to change a track? No problem pulled out phone clicked remote and changed track. Wanted to see pictures of my son? No problem pulled out iPad opened photo touched airplay and poof pictures on plasma tv. Got done back to my iTunes library to play more music. Then switched to wife's library and played her music.

No other company can even come close to providing that type of experience so effortlessly.

Anybody have any thoughts or setups they would like to share?

My setup:

MBP, MacBook, iPhone 4 (2), iPad 1st gen, Apple TV 2. Yamaha 7.1 surround sound receiver and LG 60" plasma TV.
    09-20-11 07:09 AM
    I have a simple little system. Use a Motorola Bluetooth speaker. Sounds great! I got it from the CrackBerry store and have used it with my 9630, Thunderbolt and my parents iPhone.

Fast and portable! Have 500 mp3s, Slacker, Tune In Radio. That's enough for me.

Review: Motorola MOTOROKR EQ5 Wireless Travel Stereo Speaker | CrackBerry.com

I do wish I had HDMI out! Would love to view my photos and videos on my TV.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 09-20-11 at 07:18 AM.
    09-20-11 07:14 AM
    Did the same thing with bb in car. Actually streamed Sirius from my bb even though I have a subscription. While streaming was able to show pictures on my bb. Effortlessly. If I had a playbook I could have logged on to http://pictures.i7guyfamily.com to show family photos, but I have an ipad so I did it through that. lol.
    09-20-11 07:48 AM
    So your BB and playbook play through your home system and can control your system with a remote? And then showed your pictures on a TV with your playbook? All wirelessly not logging into anything or configuring anything.

NOT
    09-20-11 07:50 AM
    My parents are upgrading to the iPhone 5, getting an iPad and Apple TV this winter. I'm super excited to check all that out.

Apple seems to just sync and work so well and easily together. I can see why they sell so well.

I like that about Apple! Thanks for your post, I'm going to have to help show them what their new equipment can do...without ever having used it. Lol.

I'll read them your post!
    09-20-11 07:54 AM
    Chrisy what will amaze you is there is little to no setup.

In iTunes turn on home sharing, go to Apple tv sign into home sharing, same with the phone and viola all the music is there. Then they can get the remote app from the app store (free) and control the apple tv from their phones.

Only catch they all have to be on the same wifi. Not really an issue when you are inside the house.
    Chrisy and gmz73 like this.
    09-20-11 07:57 AM
    So your BB and playbook play through your home system and can control your system with a remote? And then showed your pictures on a TV with your playbook? All wirelessly not logging into anything or configuring anything.

NOT
    I have a custom built media center, and each computer, except for laptops, in my home is custom built. Why do you think my nick is i7guy. lol. you're right my bb can't control anything, but neither can my ipad. So I'm not sure of what your point is.
    09-20-11 09:30 AM
    The ecosystem is a great plus for Apple... no doubt about it. I'd like to see interoperability with other platforms, but that would defeat the purpose of the ecosystem.

I am usually too "maverick-y" to want one system for too long, but yours does sound beautiful.
    09-20-11 09:40 AM
    That is my goal and I'm starting the process with the iPad. Next will be the ATV2 and then going to Macs. I've been dealing with crappy software on the windows platform for years and I'm at the point in my life when I have enough money to not have to put up with that ****. Apple, I'm coming home. Oh and it's only a matter of time before the iPhone 5 replaces this RIM pos. I hope nothing but the worst for this ****ty company, right now I am quite enjoying the fact the Playbook is a complete failure.

Ok here is why I believe Apple is leading the all around smartphone,tablet,computer,media experience.

We had a cookout at the house on Saturday and the wife says honey lets play some music. I said no problem. Turned on ATV2 clicked computers and was streaming my iTunes library through my Surround sound system. Wanted to change a track? No problem pulled out phone clicked remote and changed track. Wanted to see pictures of my son? No problem pulled out iPad opened photo touched airplay and poof pictures on plasma tv. Got done back to my iTunes library to play more music. Then switched to wife's library and played her music.

No other company can even come close to providing that type of experience so effortlessly.

My setup:

MBP, MacBook, iPhone 4 (2), iPad 1st gen, Apple TV 2. Yamaha 7.1 surround sound receiver and LG 60" plasma TV.
    09-20-11 09:48 AM
    I use my 9930 as a remote for my itunes ... Tiggitt itunes controller app. It works flawlessly - I can play any song, play/pause/view info and all that from my bb over wifi (or bt if you want). I can actually control multiple different libraries with the same app. Most of the time I play music from my pc hooked up to my nice stereo, but sometimes I am in bed or something and play music (remotely, from my bb) on my laptop in my bedroom. I LOVE that app.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-20-11 09:57 AM
    So you're telling me that you can play music and look at pictures of your son on a big screen for just 5300 dollars??

gee, i wish i could do that.
    Too bad i don't have a son. .

not that i want one yet. I'm still a minor.

p.s. this post should not be taken seriously. I understand that apple is all about the effortless.
    Last edited by Deathcommand; 09-20-11 at 10:13 AM.
    09-20-11 10:09 AM
    That is my goal and I'm starting the process with the iPad. Next will be the ATV2 and then going to Macs. I've been dealing with crappy software on the windows platform for years and I'm at the point in my life when I have enough money to not have to put up with that ****. Apple, I'm coming home. Oh and it's only a matter of time before the iPhone 5 replaces this RIM pos. I hope nothing but the worst for this ****ty company, right now I am quite enjoying the fact the Playbook is a complete failure.
    Don't get me wrong browsing on the ipad is nice, however, safari is a mixed bag. I like that the playbook supports the upload/download button on their browser. That is a fail on mobile safari.

Apples view of the world is one reason I don't like their devices. As you say I don't want to put up with that ****.

That is the stuff that makes doing stuff with iOS less effortless than say ie9.
    09-20-11 10:30 AM
    n1smo hit me up when you get what you need the setup is straight forward and simple. i7guy checkout XBMC for your media machines you won't be dissapointed.
    09-20-11 02:35 PM
    Deathcommand you crack me up. I am glad I saw the last line of your post. It is a nice thing to have my music anywhere in the house, my videos on any tv in the house and all can be controlled from my iPhone, My wife's phone or the iPad. Or I can watch all of them on the phones or the iPad. Great for my two year and half year old who is hooked on CARS and Mater.
    09-20-11 02:38 PM
    Off-topic a bit (though I am sure that AP won't mind): what is so despicable about Apple's view of the world? How does it differ from RIM's (or any other company)?

They are in it to make money by offering good products, no?
    09-20-11 03:05 PM
    Flash? Using BB webkit on playbook I can upload files via an upload button. Comes in handy when you take a picture of your kids and want to post it instantly to your own website.
    09-20-11 04:52 PM
    Flash? Using BB webkit on playbook I can upload files via an upload button. Comes in handy when you take a picture of your kids and want to post it instantly to your own website.
    I didn't want to bring this up, but you can do that in any Android phone too.
    09-20-11 05:08 PM
    I didn't want to bring this up, but you can do that in any Android phone too.
    Absolutely, that should have been a given.
    09-20-11 05:31 PM

My setup:

I've been doing the same with my 2 mac airs, imac desktop, apple tv2, airport extreme and ipod touches, tied into my Arcam 7.1 (2 channels driving outdoor speakers)/Panasonic Plasma/Velodyne(SPL)/Paradigm(Studio) surround sound setup.

What the Apple FanHorde has to realize is a Windows setup can do the same and more for 1/2 the price.

Oh...and I love my 9900
    09-20-11 10:50 PM
    The last thing I want to do is tie this stuff to my phone. Break my phone and my house will go dark, lol.
    09-21-11 06:46 AM
    Wanted to chime in, as I now am pretty certain I'm sticking with the Iphone.
    I've had ATV since it was released, the 160GB version. It's now obsolete, but when the new ATV dropped, I thought the original had far better specs, and mine works great. Maybe the redesign with less storage was more cost efficient, and to help sales? ATV has largely been considered a dud, although I love it.

I listen to my itunes library through my ATV, and haven't really had the need to use my iphone to control it, although I did download the remote app, and it's pretty neat. More of a novelty, for me anyway, and I always know where my ATV remote is.

I haven't updated my post on my switch in awhile, kinda waiting for iOS5 to do so. I miss my BB in some respects, and after further use, I do think the call quality on the iphone is less than my old Storm. Still, not a deal breaker, it's not BAD by any stretch. I don't miss the LED as much any longer either.

I'm happy with the switch. I did lose out on my data plan being paid for at work. It'll happen eventually, they'll pay for other platforms, but not yet. But, it's worth the money right now for a phone that WORKS. It just does what I need it to do, and it's easy. Looking forward to iOS 5, and the ip5.

If I did go back to BB, I'd have to try the 9930 I guess, and see if I could deal with the smaller screen. Seems like the Torch 9850/60 is getting just so-so reviews and plenty of problems being reported. (battery life, screen scratching, etc.) That was the phone I was set on for the longest time, glad I went iphone instead.
    09-21-11 11:14 AM
    I've been doing the same with my 2 mac airs, imac desktop, apple tv2, airport extreme and ipod touches, tied into my Arcam 7.1 (2 channels driving outdoor speakers)/Panasonic Plasma/Velodyne(SPL)/Paradigm(Studio) surround sound setup.

What the Apple FanHorde has to realize is a Windows setup can do the same and more for 1/2 the price.

Oh...and I love my 9900
    1/2 the price? Even if it is, that's with 10x the headaches. I still have not gotten my computers to play nicely with each other on the network. I have a Dell desktop connected to my big screen as a media center. I have another computer that acts as a media server. Those two frequently disconnects from each other and I have not been able to watch an entire movie without it cutting out. I end up moving the file over to my Dell to watch it. I want seamless integration and not only that, I want it to be good looking while doing it. The interfaces that are in the Windows machine are not standardized and are ugly as sin. Apple's got it right. I've always been a fan since the Apple II and I had the first couple models of the Mac LC. Cost was the deciding factor for me to move to the PC. I'm very proficient with using the PC, but I am sick and tired of fixing the damn thing so it would run half way decent. My wife is not computer literate and the damn thing always have hardware/ software issues when I'm not around. It is my wish that Microsoft gets what's coming to RIM. Just read an article on Bing.... What a fail, I love it!
    lssanjose likes this.
    09-21-11 11:14 AM
    It is my wish that Microsoft gets what's coming to RIM. Just read an article on Bing.... What a fail, I love it!
    Interesting your types that wish failures for others.
    The same types that would have pushed the kill switch on Apple back in 97 when just about bankrupt, Apple took cash and a software commitment from MS to survive. Now today those same types gobble up Apple like it was the second coming. Baa Baa

Just remember competition is good.
    Last edited by RetroAndreas; 09-21-11 at 11:50 AM.
    09-21-11 11:32 AM
    Wanted to chime in, as I now am pretty certain I'm sticking with the Iphone.
    I've had ATV since it was released, the 160GB version. It's now obsolete, but when the new ATV dropped, I thought the original had far better specs, and mine works great. .
    The ATV had digital and analogue outputs which I miss in my ATV2.
    MY HT receiver (like most I suspect) can process only 1 digital source at a time. If my ATV2 had analogue outputs I could watch a surround sound movie in my family room with a BlueRay for example(zone1) while playing music to my outdoor speakers(zone2) through my ATV2 using the analogue outputs.
    09-21-11 11:45 AM
    Also a Windows user here. Sorry, the whole MAC vs. PC thing is another thing entirely. My Windows computer never has issues, works with my iphone/ATV without any problems whatsoever. Macs are great, but way too much money, IMO. My PC can do everything a Mac can do, and then some, at half the price.
    Where as I'm all for Apple products being awesome, I dig the iphone, love my ipod, love my ATV, the Macs, (and I've played with) aren't worth the price compared to PC's. Not for me anyway.
    09-21-11 11:48 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD