So who is rushing out to buy one, haven't gone through the spec's yet, still happy with my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    enrod87 likes this.
    09-07-16 05:36 PM
    It's still ios. So no thank you. Closed system. Need to use itunes etc. But specs look good for anyone that's an iPhone user. For me, it's like turning on a dumb computer terminal.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-16 05:40 PM
    Great hardware and expensive. Should've used USB-C to push getting rid of headphone jack instead of Lightning port. Apple be Apple.
    09-07-16 05:43 PM
    Moved It's not a big difference for me, from my 6s+ so I won't be getting it...
    09-07-16 05:43 PM
    Didn't know you could use Bluetooth headphones on planes. Thought you needed wired only

Posted via CB10 on one of Bold9000, 3 Playbooks, Q10, Z30, Passport, and DTEK50
    09-07-16 06:07 PM
    Didn't know you could use Bluetooth headphones on planes. Thought you needed wired only

If that were the case, you'd have to disconnect your smartwatch once you boarded.
    09-07-16 06:13 PM
    Cool that it's water resistant. I love the looks of the matte black one. But no thank you. Why would they get rid of the headphones jack? People should have the option to use wireless or regular headphones, and I don't mean by using an adapter. Also why 2 cameras? Can someone explain that?

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    Jerry A likes this.
    09-07-16 08:34 PM
    Cool that it's water resistant. I love the looks of the matte black one. But no thank you. Why would they get rid of the headphones jack? People should have the option to use wireless or regular headphones, and I don't mean by using an adapter. Also why 2 cameras? Can someone explain that?

Apple put a wide-angle lens on one camera, and a telephoto lens on the other. On the Huawei P9, one camera captures colour images, and the other black and white pictures.
    09-07-16 08:50 PM

Even if that were the case, airliners would bend over for Apple.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-07-16 09:48 PM

Most US carriers at least changed a few years ago I think. I know American Airlines did at least. Some things, like Fitbits, can't even readily be turned off anymore.

I haven't decided whether to get a 7 yet. The water resistance and apparently much better camera than on my 6 are attracting me.
    09-07-16 10:35 PM

The second camera is a huge advancement for smartphone photography. You need to know a bit of photography in order to understand how huge this is.

In a nutshell, the biggest limit of a smartphone camera is that the lens is simply too small vs a SLR or DSLR camera. Laws of physics, optical zoom is only achievable with the distance between two lens.... So it would make a really really thick smartphone.

Now by having two lenses, you actually have to that is already zoomed in at 2x and another at 1x. Notice that there's no optical zooming between 1 and 2.

So at 1x, you get wide angle for those cool group shots and at 2x, you get a closeup! Something that wasn't possible on a smartphone yet.
    09-07-16 10:39 PM
    No fast and wireless charging. Camera is nice and they have black color. Nothing more.
    09-07-16 10:56 PM
    Nope. IPhone is still too limited.

09-07-16 11:45 PM
    The second camera is a huge advancement for smartphone photography. You need to know a bit of photography in order to understand how huge this is.

In a nutshell, the biggest limit of a smartphone camera is that the lens is simply too small vs a SLR or DSLR camera. Laws of physics, optical zoom is only achievable with the distance between two lens.... So it would make a really really thick smartphone.

Now by having two lenses, you actually have to that is already zoomed in at 2x and another at 1x. Notice that there's no optical zooming between 1 and 2.

So at 1x, you get wide angle for those cool group shots and at 2x, you get a closeup! Something that wasn't possible on a smartphone yet.
    That is really interesting indeed, huh, very attractive.

Posted via Passport SE
    09-07-16 11:50 PM
    And stereo speakers .
    09-08-16 05:48 AM
    Made for kids. Mario and Pok�mon go was the main things in the event. *talktothehand*

BB_PP and yrfthl like this.
    09-08-16 07:41 AM
    If that were the case, you'd have to disconnect your smartwatch once you boarded.
    You are supposed to. That's why smart watches have airplane mode too.

09-08-16 08:00 AM
    So if your brand new iPhone7 is connected to an Apple Watch, how do listen to music? Does it have dual Bluetooth?

��� вℓα�квєяяу ραѕѕρσят ѕιℓνєя є∂ιтιση ���
    09-08-16 08:16 AM
    The specs are good and the new features are interesting. I just haven't enjoyed Apple's design language with the iPhone since the 5S/SE. They tried to lessen the antenna bands with the 7 and somehow made them look worse. The glossy black one is somewhat eye catching.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-16 09:56 AM
    So if your brand new iPhone7 is connected to an Apple Watch, how do listen to music? Does it have dual Bluetooth?

��� вℓα�квєяяу ραѕѕρσят ѕιℓνєя є∂ιтιση ���
    Not sure how apple does it... but you can either listen to music directly from your Apple Watch (there's 1GB storage) or you can use the Apple Watch as a remote to listen to music from the iPhone.
    09-08-16 10:25 AM
    I'm hoping the price for the 6s comes down a bit. Will slowly be phasing our all my Blackberrys for iPhones unfortunately. Hoping Microsoft announces something awesome and unexpected before I have to replace my Passport. Every single Z10 in my family is acting funny now and are on their way out. We were holding out for a new BB10 device but looks grim. I doubt anyone will go back to Blackberry after the switch either.
    09-08-16 10:48 AM
    No thanks. My sister is always complaining about her iPhone all the time. The only other smart phone I owned was the HTC one S and I liked it, but where are they now? At that time I was waiting for BlackBerry to come out with the Z10 so I had to wait a year for it to come out. No regrets, just enjoyment. So ever since I have owned and patiently waited for next model.
    I guess I was born to own one being my last name is giBBs.
    09-08-16 05:24 PM
    It's an open secret that the 10th Anniversary iPhone 8 is the one to wait for, lol. Also it's the 20th Anniversary of Jobs' return to Apple I believe.

I predict mediocre sales of the iPhone 7. If anyone is seriously considering it, I suggest you do some Googling on iPhone 8 / anniversary, etc. I personally believe they introduced the Bluetooth ear buds just to get all the anger out of the way for the 10th anniversary.
    Flatman likes this.
    09-08-16 06:55 PM
    @badbanana Sorry Apple, but I depend on a dangling earbud cord to signal to others that I don't want to interact.
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    09-08-16 09:27 PM
    @badbanana Sorry Apple, but I depend on a dangling earbud cord to signal to others that I don't want to interact.
    The 21st century equivalent of burying your nose in a book or a newspaper.
    Carjackd likes this.
    09-08-16 09:53 PM
167 123 ...