Well, after a day of playing around with my new iPhone 3GS, I like it a lot! I have owned 4 blackberries, and still use a Curve 8900 for work, but wow is there a big difference with this iPhone. It's like nite and day. The iPhone's browser is like a hundred times better than the browsers on my Pearl 8120 and Curve 8900, and the Apps store is amazing. So many cool things to keep you entertained and a lot of stuff that is handy to have too.

Now, I will admit I miss some things about the blackberries, including the buttons for typing, the back button, an options menu within each application you happen to be in, the fact that all messages are directed to one box, and the camera flash....works great as a flashlight....BUT, everything else about the iPhone just blows away the berries, IMO....and I used to think blackberries were awesome. Their media capabilities just pale by comparison. I'll admit I was scared about losing the great email capabilities of the blackberries, but to be honest, now that the iPhone has push gmail and yahoo, I'm not sure there's that much of and advantage anymore to keeping the berry for just that....especially when the iPhone renders the emails in true HTML. Everything from email to YouTube to the Internet to photo albums look just like what you see and use on your home computer. It's amazing!!

Sorry BB, but I don't think there's any going back.
    09-26-09 08:14 PM
    Well if you compare it to the pearl, yeah there is not going back. I have the 3GS and the 8900 and just swap them up but will be getting the 9700 to swap up with the iphone
    09-26-09 08:15 PM
    Well if you compare it to the pearl, yeah there is not going back. I have the 3GS and the 8900 and just swap them up but will be getting the 9700 to swap up with the iphone
    Yeah, true, but I also have the 8900, and I think it also blows that away too. Maybe the storm would be a better comparison, but from the reviews I've seen, the Storm still lagged, so I decided to give the iPhone a try. Don't regret it so far.
    09-26-09 08:29 PM
    Congrats... glad you like your device.
    09-26-09 08:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD