I was able to pre-order my iPhone 3GS from the Apple website which they said would be mailed to my door by the 19th. Like I said earlier, I created a new account with the intention of not activating it until I can go into an ATT store with my Mom (who is the owner of the existing family plan that I want to merge into), port my number over and then eventually merge into her family plan.

Just wondering if there were any hurdles that I would have to face in my train of thought.
    Your best bet would be to call AT&T to see if you can do that. Creating a new account (which you would be doing) is not the same as simply adding a line to an existing account. It would basically be like them creating an account, then canceling and then adding an additional line to another. Seems to me you can skip the whole creation of a new account if you just waited until you could go into the store with your mom to add an additional line. But I suppose you don't want to wait to do that. Just seems like you're going to take unnecessary steps to get the same results. But good luck anyway.
    06-14-09 06:48 PM
    I pre ordered mine from apple. Ill be picking it up on friday bright and early. I have a storm now and it sucks in comparison.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-09 09:54 PM
    Ordered my from AT&T Premier to be delivered to my house. A Black 32GB model. iPhone newb.
    06-14-09 11:32 PM
    im just getting up at 4:30am and waiting in line. ive had a 3g since launch day but couldnt take the battery life so i got a bold till a new iphone came out im so happy to finally be going back to iphone.
    06-15-09 11:00 AM
    AT&T has dinged my credit card today for $300 so I guess mine is on its way.
    06-15-09 12:31 PM
    They started shipping !!!
    Good luck !
    Can't wait to hear reports !
    06-15-09 01:36 PM
    AT&T has dinged my credit card today for $300 so I guess mine is on its way.
    Apple charged my card today too. So it better be here on the 19th. So much more convenient than going into the store.
    06-15-09 01:46 PM
    Apple charged my card today too. So it better be here on the 19th. So much more convenient than going into the store.
    Gosh yea wont do that ever again. I will just let FedEx drop it at my feet!
    06-15-09 03:55 PM
    im within my 30 days and returning my 3G on the 19th, so i will be at the AT&T store at around 400AM... im going to a concert Thurs. night anyways so im just gonna pull an all nighter! red bulls and waffle house all night long WOOO HOOOO
    06-15-09 07:06 PM
    btw, the iPhone is totally worth this wait if youre switching from a BB... i waited for 15 min. for my storm and was one away from getting one on opening day lol. iPhones = Amazing
    06-15-09 07:08 PM
    They are shipping already...
    You'll get it..
    06-15-09 07:38 PM
    so if they already started shipping possible to get it before friday?
    06-15-09 08:43 PM
    just ordered mine!!!!!! will be here the 19th............its pretty funny there is alot of people ordering the 3gs that have the storm as thier current phone
    06-15-09 08:58 PM
    just ordered mine!!!!!! will be here the 19th............its pretty funny there is alot of people ordering the 3gs that have the storm as thier current phone
    I wouldn't have ordered one...

Videos - Free video downloads and streaming video - CNET TV

I'm gonna wait...
    06-15-09 11:19 PM
    im within my 30 days and returning my 3G on the 19th, so i will be at the AT&T store at around 400AM... im going to a concert Thurs. night anyways so im just gonna pull an all nighter! red bulls and waffle house all night long WOOO HOOOO
    That's the only reason I did it last year... I was at a club and while passing the AT&T store, we realized we be about the 15th person and wasn't tired at all. This year, I'm happy they had the pre-order option.
    06-16-09 01:21 AM
    I'm going nuts...I hear about all these orders shipping already and I'm still stuck on "Prepared for Shipment"...

I ordered last week. Doesn't this thing have to come from China?
    06-16-09 10:16 AM
    I'm going nuts...I hear about all these orders shipping already and I'm still stuck on "Prepared for Shipment"...

Seems like you need to relax just a tiny bit. It's tues. I'm sure it's possible for you to get the phone by the 19th. I think 2nd day shipping and overnight does exist. Also, I think it depends on the part of the country on where yours will be coming from. Some orders may have to come from overseas and others will probably ship from within the US. I just think it depends on when you ordered and where you are located.
    06-16-09 12:00 PM
    Seems like you need to relax just a tiny bit. It's tues. I'm sure it's possible for you to get the phone by the 19th. I think 2nd day shipping and overnight does exist. Also, I think it depends on the part of the country on where yours will be coming from. Some orders may have to come from overseas and others will probably ship from within the US. I just think it depends on when you ordered and where you are located.
    They ship from CHINA...
    06-16-09 01:26 PM
    Wife was going to get one. Now I think she is going to hold off. With the 3.0 software, she dont know if spending the money is worth for the couple extra features.
    06-16-09 01:34 PM
    Wife was going to get one. Now I think she is going to hold off. With the 3.0 software, she dont know if spending the money is worth for the couple extra features.
    Same with my wife, she has a 3G and says the 3.0 update is enough to hold her over until next year when her contract is up. She "says" she doesn't need to upgrade right now (thank god), but knowing her, that will probably change once she plays with my 3GS.
    06-16-09 01:47 PM

I called AT&T today because I checked my order status and all it said was "pending" even tho they already charged my card. She said none have shipped yet and they would start shipping on the 17th hence the pending.
    06-16-09 01:53 PM
    why do you ppl need 32gb for a phone. What could you possibly want on there? If you're gonna say movies, why would you watch a movie on a little 3.5in screen? Do you want thicker glasses?
    06-16-09 02:04 PM
    why do you ppl need 32gb for a phone. What could you possibly want on there? If you're gonna say movies, why would you watch a movie on a little 3.5in screen? Do you want thicker glasses?
    MUSIC !
    APPS !
    MUSIC !
    APPS !
    MUSIC !
    ohh ya APPS !!!!

Maybe a movie or so...

P90X is GREAT on the iPod too !
    06-16-09 02:07 PM
    Its like a laptop in your hand!
    06-16-09 02:35 PM
    LMAO, If you can't enjoy a movie or tv show on a screen the size of the iPhone or Storm, I think it might be YOU who needs to invest in thicker glasses.

My music library is over 100 GB, so I'll put about 5 - 10 GB of music on the phone plus all of my podcasts and tv shows with plenty of room left for the apps I need plus a ton of emails, I get on average 100+ every day. I spend quite a bit of time in airports so it's great way to waste time without having to pull out the laptop, plus I can start leaving my iPod at home.
    06-16-09 02:43 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD