Lets see how many people preordered iPhone 3gs. I DID!
    06-13-09 10:06 AM
    Lets see how many people preordered iPhone 3gs. I DID!

Check the sig.
    06-13-09 10:30 AM
    Count me in. I preordered mine Tuesday. I can't wait. I am ready to throw my Storm out the window.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-09 10:32 AM
    I preordered Thursday...can't wait. Not sure about the AT&T network, but figured I would give it a shot at least.
    06-13-09 11:22 AM
    Count me in as well. Pre-Ordered Yesterday. I can't wait! This will be my first iPhone!
    06-13-09 12:09 PM
    Pre-Ordered today. Are we supposed to receive them on the 19th?
    06-13-09 12:56 PM
    Pre-ordered today and yes they are to arrive on the 19th.
    06-13-09 02:27 PM
    Pre-ordered 16gb the evening of release at WWDC to deliver to my house
    06-13-09 02:36 PM
    if att wasnt so exspensive i would have
    06-13-09 02:42 PM
    Isn't it if you didn't order it by yesterday you would have to wait for the second batch of units to come in?

06-13-09 03:48 PM
    if att wasnt so exspensive i would have
    If I jump the boat it'll be cheaper !
    End of June or July I'll be gone from here...
    06-13-09 05:21 PM
    i ordered mine last week, the all mighty 32gb lol. cant wait to try it out if the network is good enough and the phone is great as people say im staying on att, if not . oh yea, i had question i think someone above me answered, but i wanted to make sure. so if i pre ordered the iphone and it comes out on the friday the 19th is that mean ill get it on that day or is it the next day?
    Last edited by johnnyBLAZE87; 06-13-09 at 06:52 PM.
    06-13-09 05:26 PM
    i ordered mine last week, the all mighty 32gb lol. cant wait to try it out if the network is good enough and the phone is great as people say im staying on att, if not . oh yea, i had question i think someone above me answered, but i wanted to make sure. so if i pre ordered the iphone and it comes out on the friday the 19th is that mean ill get it on that day or is it the next day?
    You'll get it that day.
    06-13-09 08:38 PM
    so is there a cut off to pre order so you get the phone on the 19th?
    06-13-09 08:55 PM
    so is there a cut off to pre order so you get the phone on the 19th?
    When you order, it tells you when you will get it. I ordered today and it said I will receive it on Friday the 19th.
    06-13-09 08:57 PM
    Isn't it if you didn't order it by yesterday you would have to wait for the second batch of units to come in?

That's if you order through AT&T. Apple site still says you will receive by the 19th as of an hour ago. I was reading that AT&T are letting people know that if they didn't order by yesterday then they will have to wait.
    06-13-09 09:03 PM
    I pre-ordered mine today. 16GB black. I already have an 8GB 3G black. I'm about to start working this week to sell it to unload most of the cost of upgrading.
    06-13-09 09:04 PM
    If we ordered through the Apple method of pre-ordering, will we have to wait in line to get our phone? Are we guaranteed our phone?
    06-13-09 09:34 PM
    If we ordered through the Apple method of pre-ordering, will we have to wait in line to get our phone? Are we guaranteed our phone?
    Apple has 2 methods on their website.

1) You reserve. So basically you put all your info in and then go to the store on the 19th and they should pull up your reservations. Not sure if they actually hold a phone for you or whatever.

2) You actually preorder (purchase) it and they will have it delivered to you on the 19th. This is my preferred method because I don't want to deal with the people in the store. Since I already have an iPhone and att service, I just want to hook my phone up to itunes to activate and be good.

It's up to you which method you want.
    06-13-09 09:51 PM

1) You reserve. So basically you put all your info in and then go to the store on the 19th and they should pull up your reservations. Not sure if they actually hold a phone for you or whatever.

2) You actually preorder (purchase) it and they will have it delivered to you on the 19th. This is my preferred method because I don't want to deal with the people in the store. Since I already have an iPhone and att service, I just want to hook my phone up to itunes to activate and be good.

this is my first time switching over to att, so do i need to either go to att store or apple to port my number from verizon? or can i do it through itunes?
    06-13-09 10:05 PM

I see. I would assume that even if we do reserve it, we'd have to wait in line because the iPhone will be on a first come, first serve basis.

What I was wondering though, if anyone knew, was if I pre-ordered an iPhone via the Apple Store and had it shipped to my door by the 19th, could I port my number to that iPhone 3GS and then add THAT number on to an existing family plan. My initial hunch would be no but any input would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Basically what I was asking, is if I could merge my account into an existing family plan that my family currently has and what I would have to pay for if it is possible.
    Last edited by kobrique7; 06-13-09 at 10:18 PM.
    06-13-09 10:06 PM
    this is my first time switching over to att, so do i need to either go to att store or apple to port my number from verizon? or can i do it through itunes?
    If you go to the Apple site, they ask if you want to create a new account. Follow the steps there and it will let you know if you need to come in. I would imagine you would as a new customer for identifications purposes. I don't think you would need to do that if ordering through ATT but then again, AT&T cannot guarantee the phone will be receive this week if you started new service. Visit the link below and see what Apple will tell you to do.

https://buyiphone.apple.com/WebObjects/IPACustomer.woa/
    06-14-09 03:15 PM
    I see. I would assume that even if we do reserve it, we'd have to wait in line because the iPhone will be on a first come, first serve basis.

What I was wondering though, if anyone knew, was if I pre-ordered an iPhone via the Apple Store and had it shipped to my door by the 19th, could I port my number to that iPhone 3GS and then add THAT number on to an existing family plan. My initial hunch would be no but any input would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Basically what I was asking, is if I could merge my account into an existing family plan that my family currently has and what I would have to pay for if it is possible.
    I am not sure if you can start a new line of service with an iPhone without going into the Apple store. Also, if you do that, you are creating a new account rather than merging individual numbers into one plan. Not sure that would be the preferred way. Best thing to do is call AT&T and see what they recommend. Whoever is the owner the existing family plan, is it possible to have them order the phone and add the line? Try both apple and AT&T and see what happens.
    06-14-09 03:19 PM
    I reserved it tuesday(3G S 32G Black) gonna pick it up friday morning the 19th at the Apple store.
    06-14-09 04:51 PM
    I am not sure if you can start a new line of service with an iPhone without going into the Apple store. Also, if you do that, you are creating a new account rather than merging individual numbers into one plan. Not sure that would be the preferred way. Best thing to do is call AT&T and see what they recommend. Whoever is the owner the existing family plan, is it possible to have them order the phone and add the line? Try both apple and AT&T and see what happens.
    I was able to pre-order my iPhone 3GS from the Apple website which they said would be mailed to my door by the 19th. Like I said earlier, I created a new account with the intention of not activating it until I can go into an ATT store with my Mom (who is the owner of the existing family plan that I want to merge into), port my number over and then eventually merge into her family plan.

Just wondering if there were any hurdles that I would have to face in my train of thought.
    06-14-09 05:24 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD