Mine is September 2012.

Looking forward to the iPhone5.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-11 02:25 PM
    I don't know but I just ordered two iPhone 4S unlocked versions. Should be getting it next 7-10 days.
    11-19-11 02:33 PM
    End of May. I had been figuring I'd get a bbx bold as I feel a touchscreen phone is unnecessary since I have the playbook, and would like to keep the functionality between the two. I am willing to wait a little while to upgrade to get it but the way RIM has been pushing back all the release dates and a currently rumored Q3 release for the touchscreen bbx phone I may end up immigrating to android (assuming os 2.0 actually shows up for the playbook and I don't need a blackberry to send and receive e-mails from it).

I wonder how many others are in the same situation as me.
    11-19-11 02:54 PM
    August 2012 plan on getting a 9930, they should have all the bugs worked out of it by then and plenty of themes and apps for it.
    11-19-11 03:07 PM
    mines in 1-2 weeks
    im going to get the white iphone4s
    mates got one and i love it
    11-19-11 03:33 PM
    As soon as I can afford the Bold 9900! I have to buy it outright as I am still in my contract and I have a very, very long time before I can get the upgrade!

For the record! My first BB was the Tour which I bought on eBay as I wanted a BB with a Bold keyboard but couldn't quite pay for the 9780 at the time so I went for that as it was really cheap for a new one on eBay!

I came from an iPhone
    11-19-11 04:28 PM
    Have two I can use:

_
    January 2012
    November 2012

Either a 9930 or Samsung Galaxy Nexus or iPhone 5.
    11-19-11 04:38 PM
    My current contract expires on April 1, 2012, but I plan on waiting until the iphone 5 is released and see if thats the direction I want to go
    11-19-11 04:42 PM
    tbh i think now that steve jobs has passed away the iphones/ipod touch's will not be as good as he came up with all the ideas for them so from now on ther all probabally going to basically be the same,im just going to get the white iphone4 wen my contracts due
    11-19-11 05:12 PM
    December 2012 don't know what'll be out by then so I can't say yet

11-19-11 05:19 PM
    anytime next year or at least til i trash my 9780, and by then im considering between 9900 (fat chance) and iphone4s or 5 (if my upgrade reaches the release). However, if the 9900 continues to be plagued with issues, i might just all together, switch to the iphone
    11-19-11 08:00 PM
    May 2013

But, regardless of when the BBX phones come out, I will get them even if it means I pay full price for them. Granted, they are awesome phones

I'm also considering an Android phone for my other line, just not sure which one since Android phones reproduce like Gremlins...
    11-19-11 08:01 PM
    I'm surprised at how many current BB users are thinking of switching to other platforms. Doesn't bode well for RIM.

I'm currently off-contract (expired earlier this year) and can get anything at this point and would consider the Torch 9860. I'd wait for the new BBX phones but two things concern me: first, whether it'll work properly on my company's BES and secondly, how buggy the early versions will be.

I'm pretty much locked in to BB's although I know of some co-workers with iPhones accessing company email. Still, the two most important people in my life...my daughters...both have BB's and BBM is an invaluable tool keeping in touch with them.
    11-19-11 08:44 PM
    August 2012

I'm keeping my options open don't know if I wanna go BB or iphone or windows so many decisions to make... Then I have to figure out if I wanna stay with Sprint.. Cause there service haven't been the greatest these pass months.. Hopefully by the time I'm eligible to upgrade I will be able to have 4G in my city.. So we will see that's not until next year and I am very content with my blackberry Curve 3G (OS5.0) and ipod touch (4gen)

11-19-11 08:55 PM
    I'm on a grandfathered even more plus plan on t-mobile and I can upgrade whenever I want. Right now I'm using the HTC Amaze and I absolutely love it. However, I'm NOT happy with t-mobile lately. Customer service has really gone down the crapper. I have a new job in a town outside of the KC metro and t-mo service sucks there. I'm thinking about switching to Sprint, but currently they don't have any phones that interest me as much as the Amaze.
    11-19-11 09:11 PM
    Why would someone move this thread under apple? this is for upgrades in general not to those upgrading to apple.
    11-19-11 09:18 PM
    Why would someone move this thread under apple? this is for upgrades in general not to those upgrading to apple.
    Haha, good question. Too many people looking to switch, maybe it looks bad under general discussion?

Anyway, I just upgraded last month so I won't be due for another 19 months. I'll probably upgrade to the iPhone5S (if there is one).

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk!
    11-19-11 09:22 PM
    I am off contract now and paid full price for my 9930. I am of course anxious to see the first BBX phones. If that does not pan out and I need a new phone I will probably try an Android device that has some physical keyboard, but the pickins are slim and I'd be settling for less after using the Bold 9930 KB. At least unless trends change.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-19-11 09:29 PM
    I have two available right now and if Apple goes back to form we should see an iP5 around june/july.
    11-19-11 09:29 PM
    In August this year, I moved over to a BB Bold 9780. I was having reception issues with my previous iPhone 3Gs, along with the network 3G coverage. I wanted a phone that would be reliable and not be dropping calls, or sending directly to voicemail. The Bold does it's job we'll, as I only use it for calls, texts & email and keep the 3G off. The battery lasts me around a week! as much as I want to leave the iPhone at home, I find my self using it more than the BB and carry both around. I just can not let go of my ageing 3Gs. I replaced the back cover and battery last week and now it looks like a new phone!

As goods as the BB is, I find it hard to understand why people crave over them. This is my first BB and find the Internet difficult to use with the size of the screen. The menus are similar to an old Nokia I had 6 years ago. The whole phone is dull and needs bringing up to date. You can not compare the BB to the iPhone, even to my ageing iPhone. I will keep the BB but would never consider the 9900. I will wait for the iPhone 5 if it ever come out!
    11-20-11 11:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD