Will you eat your AT&T contract and switch to Verizon? I know many people who are anticipating the switch due to AT&T's shoddy 3G network.
    04-28-10 05:05 PM
    I would consider switching to Verizon but they get no service at my house. But maybe once Verizon gets the iphone, maybe there will be less stress on At&t's network and maybe the network will get less bogged down.
    04-28-10 05:10 PM
    If you have no Verizon service in your home then you shouldn't switch unless you want to purchase an extender so you can get service.
    04-28-10 05:14 PM
    If you have no Verizon service in your home then you shouldn't switch unless you want to purchase an extender so you can get service.
    No I wouldnt switch. It would just be nice to have options and my only options at my house is At&t and Tmo and I wont do Tmo
    04-28-10 05:15 PM
    T-Mobile isn't bad. I find their 3G network to actually be more stable than AT&T's. Probably because it's not as congested.
    04-28-10 05:17 PM

Thanks for the tip slick.
    04-28-10 05:20 PM
    i wouldn't switch to a provider for a phone. Coverage comes first. i can't wait to try out an iPhone on VZW though!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-10 05:21 PM
    i wouldn't switch to a provider for a phone. Coverage comes first. i can't wait to try out an iPhone on VZW though!

iPhone is a lot of fun. You will be sporting a BB and a iPhone just like me. The best of both worlds
    04-28-10 06:01 PM
    What is interesting me is the browser. It's what i use most on my BlackBerry now. i won't have 2 phones though. So we'll see!

04-28-10 06:12 PM
    No I wouldn't switch just yet.

1) I like the flexibility of the GSM network because I can switch my devices very easily and the voice and data at the same time.

2) I'd expect AT&T's network to become less congested which if good for those user that stay

3) AT&T 3G is still the fastest

I will consider switching if a LTE version came out on Verizon before AT&T. Presumably VZW LTE will be up first so if they drop one first, I might go. But right now, no.
    04-29-10 12:38 PM
    1) I like the flexibility of the GSM network because I can switch my devices very easily and the voice and data at the same time.

3) AT&T 3G is still the fastest
    ditto.......
    04-29-10 12:59 PM
    For me AT&T is a no-brainer....roll-over minutes are nice, better priced (at least for me through my FAN), voice and data at once, and a faster 3G network than Verizon in my area (north Georgia).

As of right now I have zero desire to move to Verizon and don't see that changing anywhere in the near future.
    04-29-10 01:08 PM
    Verizon is NOT getting a iphone any time soon.
    04-29-10 02:47 PM
    I agree. ^ Until the VZW network will support data and voice simultaneously I don't see it happening. They've beaten too many things into our heads that the VZW network isn't capable of for them to get a phone right now.

Today is my first day away from an iPhone since the launch of the original. Switched to a BB because of the camera. No cameras allowed at work now.
    04-30-10 06:35 PM
    This whole debate is pointless, as of now there has been nothing from VZW or Apple about the iPhone on VZW. Until that happens what's the point of even talking about it. I love my ATT service so I would never go with VZW even IF they got the iPhone. I hope they do though, I want to see the iPhone kick the crap out of the Droid and IF it goes to VZW I think that will happen for sure.
    05-01-10 03:07 AM
    Quite a few people have inside info that the iPhone will be coming to Verizon later this year.

I doubt it will "kick the crap out of the Droid" but it will have updated hardware and most likely sell more.
    the same people had inside information last year and for the ipad conference. They are just rumors that are brought up whenever apple schedules their conferences. The insiders you suggest broke their story suggesting a cdma phone but that doesn't mean verizon, infact another article said it was for another countries provider. Its because of reasons like this I say wait until its official otherwise you will just keep hearing the same rumor by new sources
    05-01-10 08:51 AM
    That doesn't make sense. Why would Apple take the time to make a CDMA iPhone, only to have it release in another country and not anywhere else like the U.S.? You might wanna link the article because as far as I can tell, that's crap. If Apple were going to release a CDMA iPhone, I'm pretty sure they'd look at Verizon first, just like they did before they got turned down and released the phone on AT&T.

And I will wait until it's official. I'm probably not gonna get one anyway (love my Droid) but it's just nice to know it won't be exclusive in the U.S. anymore.
    your forgetting one key point, verizon turned down apple. If you read all of the stories you would see things like verizon didn't agree to apples terms like not putting verizons branding on the phone or keeping all of the phones maintenance in house(genius bar) or weren't willing to pay the premium at&t were. Verizon isn't the only phone provider in the world with cdma just the biggest one in the us. There are other parts of the world where the iphone isn't exclusive to one provider and thats where these programmers were brought in for. And heres one link with a quick search

Verizon iPhone may just be a rumor
    05-01-10 09:35 AM
    I won't switch because my company pays for my bill on AT&T but I hope billions of other iPhone users switch. I for one am hoping Verizon gets it. The more we spread out the data, the better AT&T's network gets. Lets put 10-20 million iPhone users over on their network and look at how well they handle the loads. I have read all the press about how they are ready and they handle more data already. Even so, I have a sneaking suspicion things won't be so rosy.
    05-01-10 10:05 AM
    True but didn't Verizon state a few months back that they were open for the iPhone?
    they said they were ready for the iphone yes but then when you see that there are even more reports about the two not coming to a deal. And thats where everything goes bad because its all he said/she said and its turned into inside information because its from an unconfirmed source. I am a firm believer the iphone will be on verizon but I just don't think it will before 4g which verizon keeps touting about launching
    05-01-10 10:16 AM
    Getting excited over a bunch of rumors always leads to disappointment.

05-01-10 03:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD