...are there be apps that worked on the previous phone that won't work on the new one? I ask this because a lot of folks that purchased the new BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930 are finding that a lot of apps that worked on previous BlackBerrys won't work on the new phone. Curious if iPhone users have had the same experience.
    08-17-11 10:19 PM
    iOS5 and the API have been in developer hands for a couple of months now, so you should not have the same problems. Many of them have already updated their apps to work with both OS 4 and 5.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    08-17-11 10:52 PM
    Technically yes there will be apps that don't work. However, as GolfnCPA stated, the API and iOS5 beta has been out for a while now, so if the apps don't work, it's on the developer's end and not Apple's.
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    08-18-11 12:35 AM
    iPhones don't have near the fragmentation that BlackBerry and Android have, so there will be far less apps that aren't compatible.

BlackBerry and Android have all sorts of different screen sizes, OSs, form factors etc. iOS only has iPad, iPod Touch and iPhone(which have all been the same screen size). App compatibility isn't much of an issue on iOS in comparison to Android or BlackBerry.
    pilsbury and Coachbulldog like this.
    08-18-11 01:31 AM
    Thanks for the answers. I've always been a huge BlackBerry fan but even the new Bold 9900/9930 doesn't appeal to me and for the first time I'm looking at other options.
    08-18-11 12:11 PM
    Most of the apps on different iOS's will work as been mentioned, the problem I'm having is compatibility issues with jailbroken themes.
    08-18-11 04:53 PM
    everything should work moving from i4 to i5.apple won't be rim with their new product.it will be a smooth transfer.
    08-18-11 06:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD