I've been wondering for years why the iphone is only on ATT besides the contract part. I thought that monopoly was against the law in the US. So how did it become possible for a device to get on one network only when in Europe and Canada, it is on pretty much all network. Is there any hope for an Iphone with VZW or it's just a rumor that will never happen? I know supposedly VZW refused it when Steve Jobs proposed it but is it even true? I am a Blackberry fan but I am also only using MACs so I wouldn't mind an Iphone on the side.
    12-24-09 09:48 AM
    unconfirmed if it is even being signed to vzw. Wait till 2012 when the contract is up with att and supposedly the end of the world. lol
    12-24-09 12:12 PM
    To have a monopoly, AT&T would have to be the only seller of cell phones. There are plenty of alternatives out there...
    12-24-09 12:35 PM
    it's not going to VZW and if it was, apple would have already been making a CDMA phone.... Plus, why again, would apple go to VZW when they're making fun of the iphone with the droid? Come on now....
    12-24-09 02:59 PM
    Another iPhone to vzw thread.......att has it locked down till 2012, let's end all the whining till then

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-09 03:17 PM
    There's a difference between monopoly and exclusivity
    12-24-09 03:25 PM
    it's not going to VZW and if it was, apple would have already been making a CDMA phone.... Plus, why again, would apple go to VZW when they're making fun of the iphone with the droid? Come on now....
    this is so true, especially with the "theres a map for that" poking fun of apple's iphone commercials. and with the droid commercials, they clearly stated that iphone has nothing on them. droid does and iphone doesnt. LOL according to them that is
    12-28-09 10:44 AM
    I agree the riff that Apple and ATT are creatig are closing the hope for an iPhone in the future.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-09 12:17 PM
    Monopoly? Please brush up on your business terms. Who else besides Verizon has the Storm? Is that considered a monopoly too?
    12-28-09 02:07 PM
    Expect the Iphone with a different name on Verizon Wireless.... Soon
    12-28-09 03:35 PM
    me me me me me .... it's coming Tomorrow!
    12-28-09 05:52 PM
    it's not going to come to vzw, end of story.
    VZW wants to control the apps, control support and control how the phone looks.
    Apple wants no battery, no keyboard available (touch screen), and will control the app store.
    12-28-09 06:42 PM
    It's not going to happen, read the writing on the wall. Verizon/Sprint/TMobile's answer for iphone/Apple is Android, in all types of flavors.
    12-28-09 10:49 PM
    Surely its not an exclusivity contract, Verizon just dont have the HSPA network to support it(like the 9700). It will be like Telus/Bell, when Verizon will get HSPA, they will get the iphone...
    12-28-09 10:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD