For the past few weeks I have trying to decide whether or not to jailbreak, I've been doing alot of research and with some of the things I've read of problems that others have had it just doesn't seem to be very stable. I really like my I4 and like the way it flawlessly runs, yes all those tweaks and cool apps that you can get from jailbreaking sound cool but I'm just not sure if it's worth messing up my phone. Anyways, my question is does anyone know what may lie in store for future os updates from apple? Just wondering if possibly in the future some of those cool features that you get from jailbreaking may come out in updates. I'm sure nobody really knows, but it is just something I've been thinking about and hoping for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-10 08:30 PM
    Holy man. Just jailbreak the phone already lol. Try it out and if you don't like it simply restore in iTunes. That's it. You won't see stuff that you can get in Cydia on the app store. Those kinda customizations just won't happen. I jailbroke my iPhone the day limera1n was released for 4.1 and the phone is working perfectly. I will never go back to stock after Jailbreaking. Just too many good things out there to open your phone up to its potential.
    11-01-10 09:50 PM
    Holy man. Just jailbreak the phone already lol. Try it out and if you don't like it simply restore in iTunes. That's it. You won't see stuff that you can get in Cydia on the app store. Those kinda customizations just won't happen. I jailbroke my iPhone the day limera1n was released for 4.1 and the phone is working perfectly. I will never go back to stock after Jailbreaking. Just too many good things out there to open your phone up to its potential.
    Well excuse me for asking a question regarding the concerns I have. I just have heard horror stories of those few that things go horribly wrong when even trying to restore through iTunes and iTunes will not even read the device.

11-01-10 10:47 PM
    I jailbroke mine and didn't like it... restored back to iTunes (prefer something more stable and about the apps I need, I guess it's just preference)
    11-02-10 06:08 AM
    When i had my I3 i jail broked mine, as the apps were alot more 'funkier' than what was on the App store. I didnt jail break my I4 as i didnt think i needed too.

I dont know if cydia is more stable now, but be careful what you download as i bricked my I3 many times trying to custormise the crap out of it.

Like the other posts, give it a go. If you dont like, restore

Hope this helps.
    11-02-10 06:20 AM
    Well excuse me for asking a question regarding the concerns I have. I just have heard horror stories of those few that things go horribly wrong when even trying to restore through iTunes and iTunes will not even read the device.

I own a chain of Fido stores in Canada--Except for cases of physical damage, Every single iPhone that comes back in any of my stores with a problem...is jailbroken.
    hope that helps.

11-02-10 06:48 AM
    LOL. I guess Im on the other side. Ive had my i4 for over three months now, and jailbroke it the second day. I have had ZERO problems with it. I find the benefits far outweigh the minimal risk. As DX9 stated, if it's not for you, a simple restore is all that is needed to set it back to factory status. Just my .02.
    11-02-10 06:58 AM
    LOL. I guess Im on the other side. Ive had my i4 for over three months now, and jailbroke it the second day. I have had ZERO problems with it. I find the benefits far outweigh the minimal risk. As DX9 stated, if it's not for you, a simple restore is all that is needed to set it back to factory status. Just my .02.

I COULD NOT agree with you more..
    11-02-10 08:31 AM

You have asked so many questions about Jailbreaking over the last week. You are obviously interested in it is all I am saying. I have absolutely no problems with mine and the 6 I have done for friends. Cydia is stable. Obviously read up on things you download first. So one thing at a time. If you don't want to have any risk whatsoever then dont jailbreak. I love it and would absolutely not want to go back to stock. Too plain for my liking. If you are happy with the stock iPhone then leave it.
    11-02-10 09:30 AM

Those are stories from iPhone 3G users or people who do it wrong. If you follow the simple instructions, it's a pretty much an ***** proof process. If you've ever updated the firmware on a BB, it's much easier.
    11-02-10 04:48 PM
    Ok, ok. You guys finally talked me into it. Is limera1n the software I want to use?

11-02-10 06:07 PM
    Ok, ok. You guys finally talked me into it. Is limera1n the software I want to use?

yep, you can definitely use that. very easy to do!!
    11-02-10 08:33 PM
    Ive been jailbroken forever, never an issue. DO EEET!!!!
    11-02-10 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD