I have a first generation iPhone running iOS 3.1.3. I'm looking to jailbreak and unlock it, so I can just swap the SIM card between my iPhone and Bold. What's the easiest way to do this?
    10-16-10 06:10 PM
    I have a first generation iPhone running iOS 3.1.3. I'm looking to jailbreak and unlock it, so I can just swap the SIM card between my iPhone and Bold. What's the easiest way to do this?
    Jailbreakme.com using Safari on your iPhone. Unlock from within Cydia.
    10-16-10 07:23 PM
    Jailbreakme.com using Safari on your iPhone. Unlock from within Cydia.
    THanks, I'm trying that out now! Hopefully it'll work. Thanks mpafr012 for the site!
    10-16-10 08:25 PM
    One question: Does jailbreakme unlock your iPhone as well, or how do I do that?
    10-16-10 08:45 PM
    One question: Does jailbreakme unlock your iPhone as well, or how do I do that?
    After you jailbreak, you should see something on the menu called "cydia" open the app and search for something called "yellowsn0w" and install that, reboot the phone and it should be unlocked now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-10 12:33 AM
    After you jailbreak, you should see something on the menu called "cydia" open the app and search for something called "yellowsn0w" and install that, reboot the phone and it should be unlocked now.

I couldn't find yellowsn0w in cydia....do I need to install a different source for it? Also, will yellowsh0w work on the 2G iPhone?

10-17-10 08:37 AM
    In Cydia, go to Manage>sources and make sure you have http://apt9.yellowsn0w.com/
    if it is there click on it, if it not add it using >edit>add.
    10-17-10 10:22 AM
    Hopefully this will be my final question, but I installed yellowsn0w, and now I'm able to make calls and text...however, when I go to get my e-mail, or open up a web page, I get a pop-up saying "Could not activate cellular data network. You are not subscribed to a cellular data service." I have BIS, so is that's what's causing the problem or is it something else? Sorry for all of the questions, but I'm new to iPhones and jailbreaking!
    10-17-10 11:54 AM
    Read the sticky about using iPhone on BB plan.
    10-17-10 12:02 PM
    Worked like a charm!

Thanks everyone!
    10-17-10 06:49 PM
    Ok... I followed the procedure, what's next? I'm just as new to the iphone 4g and jailbreaking and trying to surf the forum to follow along as to what's next, to install?
    10-20-10 06:22 AM
    Ok... I followed the procedure, what's next? I'm just as new to the iphone 4g and jailbreaking and trying to surf the forum to follow along as to what's next, to install?
    It depends on what you want to do. For example, if you want UI tweaks, you can install Winterboard. There are literally thousands of themes available for Winterboard. You can also install some others that offer more functionality, like Intelliscreen or LockInfo. If you want to use Facetime over 3G, there's a couple of apps for that. Same goes if you want to tether. There's a lot of stuff out there. Figure out what you want to do and go from there.
    10-20-10 10:12 AM
    Can I use this method for a 3GS?
    10-21-10 10:55 PM
    I am trying to follow this for my 2G, but when I go into Cydia, I cannot find anything about yellowsn0w. When I go into Manage>sources>add>edit and type the url posted above, I get an error and it just goes back to the Cydia app screen. Any ideas??
    10-22-10 04:20 AM
    How can you tell if your iphone is jailbroken and/or unlocked??
    10-23-10 02:25 AM
    I used greenpoison. It was quick and pain free.
    10-26-10 06:33 AM
    Does anyone still have a link to this thread? I couldn't find it. I just got an iPhone 4S from my cousin and want to be able to swap SIM cards when I go to the beach in three weeks.
    07-22-12 03:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD