Vlingo is not bb voice dial either. But not sure it's siri either.
    No. It's not Siri. Not even close really. I liked vlingo on my blackberry but it was all I knew at the time.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    01-12-12 07:03 PM
    In their desperate need for attention or to justify their choice of device Trolls have no choice but to bring others down. They are the type of folks that will better themselves by dismantling other folks. It never crosses their minds that they could be that type of person so the behavior continues. However part of the problem lies with non Trolls as they let the Troll bring them down to their level so the Troll thinks it is a fair fight. They feed on this behavior and in fact relish the chance to step on someone in their perceived rise in importance. By letting them do this we lose by lowering our standards and end up being upset with the Troll as well as ourselves for taking the bait. The Troll however sits back and gets great enjoyment watching this happen and feels stronger and empowered by the encounter. So I say ignore the b@st@rds and quit feeding them. Eventually they will lose interest, the sun will come out and they will be forced to go back under the bridge and hide where they belong. Just my opinion and we all know what that's worth. :^)
    01-12-12 07:58 PM
    You don't consider Siri an advancement of functionality? It's the most functional aspect of any phone I've ever owned.

vlingo plus provides the same type of functionality and has been around for years. Voice processing is not a new concept. vlingo plus, like Siri would be, is of limited us to me, only because for about 10 hours a day, due to office environment, I can't use it.

That's not a knock on the technology, but I was pointing out Siri like functionality has been around.
    01-12-12 08:29 PM
    No. It's not Siri. Not even close really. I liked vlingo on my blackberry but it was all I knew at the time.

Not going to debate whether one is better, worse or indifferent. Point is this technology has been available on blackberries for years.
    01-12-12 08:32 PM
    Not going to debate whether one is better, worse or indifferent. Point is this technology has been available on blackberries for years.
    Yes, you did say advancing technology though. Siri definitely advances voice recognition technology beyond anything else that exists today. Regardless, that's just my opinion and you're right, vlingo is similar and has been available for years.

01-12-12 08:36 PM
    Yes, you did say advancing technology though. Siri definitely advances voice recognition technology beyond anything else that exists today. Regardless, that's just my opinion and you're right, vlingo is similar and has been available for years.

Siri may be "better" and I did say advancing technology, but I also said advancing function. What good is the technology if it doesn't benefit me, which was the original point that I was saying. A technology that provides me no benefit is irrelevant to me.

That is where form and function come together for me in my S2. Everything I need and nothing I don't. Note I did not say: "Everything I want...." I would like a better browser but my ipad takes care of that.
    01-12-12 08:39 PM
    Siri may be "better" and I did say advancing technology, but I also said advancing function. What good is the technology if it doesn't benefit me, which was the original point that I was saying. A technology that provides me no benefit is irrelevant to me.

That is where form and function come together for me in my S2. Everything I need and nothing I don't. Note I did not say: "Everything I want...." I would like a better browser but my ipad takes care of that.
    I can understand that. My storm2 served me well. I actually prefer the OS5 browser on the storm to the OS6 on my 9780. simplicity. The same reason Siri works for me, it's simple to do whatever I need to do, be it location based reminders, appointments, composing messages etc. it comes down to what the user wants.
    01-12-12 08:44 PM
    I think the ones who love the voice things are big star trek fans.

Krik: Computer find Zulu
    Computer: Sorry Captain Zulu is not on the ship.
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    01-12-12 08:49 PM
    I think the ones who love the voice things are big star trek fans.

Krik: Computer find Zulu
    Computer: Sorry Captain Zulu is not on the ship.
    That's because the computer/Siri knew "Krik" was an imposter

FWIW, it seems most troll posts aren't started here but are moved by the mods from the General forums � like hauling a stray cat to the dog pound.
    LazyStarGazer and Rickroller like this.
    01-12-12 09:38 PM
    There is some truth to that Kbz1960. I still remember thinking my old Motorola Star Tac reminded me of the original communicator. As long as Siri doesn't start acting like Hal 9000 we should be ok.
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    01-12-12 10:21 PM
    What I love is the passion in some of these debates. People speaking about RIM or Apple like they are on the board. These companies DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU as an individual. They do care what the masses as a whole think, feel, and buy, because their main objective is to make money.

If they really did care, then the iPhone would have included Copy/Paste at launch or the Playbook would have native email at launch. These companies push products out when they have the bare minimum to make a buck, not when a product is actually fully baked.

So flame on, defend RIM and Apple, but in the end, you are just a consumer to them, a demographic, a number in an excel sheet.
    HAHAHAHA!!! Well said. :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-12 06:25 AM
    Was not even pointed at you Bazza........
    Hey, I know that, Accidental Post!

Just tossed in that pre-emptive strike. Crackberrians can be as rabid about their phones and OSs as the worst of the Macolytes on Apple's own 'Community' forums.
    01-14-12 08:33 AM
    I don't understand why anyone that owns a phone on Apple, Android, Windows or other platform even posts here.
    Why? Can you answer that question honestly?
    There are forums, just as big as CB, that cater to your platform.
    You can't possibly complain about Cb being biased towards you. It's ludicrous.
    It's like a carnivore on a vegan forum being dumbfounded that people don't like him or her.
    I get that Cb is a community and you have a right to post here but please don't take it the wrong way when people tell you that the iPhone sucks.
    I mean come on, wake up, see where you're posting and accept that you will get biased responses.
    It just don't make sense that people on different platforms STILL complain.
    It just doesn't make sense.
    gladiatorofyale likes this.
    01-15-12 04:51 PM
    Meh, I'm not too concerned with these complaints, especially when the OP starts threads like this in this sub-forum. You reap what you sow...

http://forums.crackberry.com/apple-i...6/#post6414469
    01-15-12 06:42 PM
    I don't understand why anyone that owns a phone on Apple, Android, Windows or other platform even posts here.
    Why? Can you answer that question honestly?
    Because crackberry has an iPhone forum and the owners and advertisers value us as equally as they value you.

01-16-12 06:45 AM
    Is Kevin replying to threads? No, its the users, the majority of which have Bbs, who have all the right to bash any other device other than their own.
    Cb did the right thing to accommodate other platforms but that doesn't mean the people for whom this website is intended to serve have to welcome those platforms.
    I own an Android and the reason I stay here is because I've owned bbs and CB has always been welcoming whenever I came back to it and I love this community.
    people that complain about being bashed obviously aren't here for the community, they're more than likely here for the arguments that follow.

gladiatorofyale and lssanjose like this.
    01-16-12 12:28 PM
    You will not hear me arguing with you. I think if you read what I said in this thread you will see that. I was merely trying to answer your question about why they are here. iPhone owners on a BlackBerry forum should necessarily have a thick skin. I've been a member here for a number of years because I used and enjoyed the blackberry platform. The forum is fun and engaging and I would not want to have to leave just because I adopted a different platform.

Is Kevin replying to threads? No, its the users, the majority of which have Bbs, who have all the right to bash any other device other than their own.
    Cb did the right thing to accommodate other platforms but that doesn't mean the people for whom this website is intended to serve have to welcome those platforms.
    I own an Android and the reason I stay here is because I've owned bbs and CB has always been welcoming whenever I came back to it and I love this community.
    people that complain about being bashed obviously aren't here for the community, they're more than likely here for the arguments that follow.

01-16-12 12:46 PM
    I've gotten used to it. They come drop an article then leave just to troll. Just ignore it. They're mad because they are being pounded by the media.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II
    01-16-12 12:56 PM
    Don't worry about it and don't attack them personally. Who really cares that much? This is a blackberry site after all.

agree with u
    01-17-12 10:23 AM
    Is that part of the TOS? If not, I would say they have as much "right" to bash as non-BB owners.

Doesn't parse. If CB created forums for users of other platforms, whether in good faith or just to segregate them, then said users are also "people for whom this website is intended to serve".

This doesn't correlate with your comment directly above.

1) That's a bit of an assumption, isn't it?
    2) Either the BB users have the right to bash and do so or are welcoming of others - which is it?

FWIW, I think it's a very short-sighted policy to excuse the bad behaviour here because it is a fan or enthusiast site. I came here originally to see if I was interested in coming back to BB for my second phone since I was so disappointed by Android. While I have picked up some useful info, both pro and con, some of the extreme BB partisanship and hostility to my platform of choice has been something of a turn off and left me a little leery of the cliquishness. Fortunately, the reasonable posters are easy to pick out.
    01-18-12 10:21 PM
    some of the extreme BB partisanship and hostility to my platform of choice has been something of a turn off and left me a little leery of the cliquishness.
    You should definitely look into iOS or Android, in that case...
    01-18-12 11:07 PM

Hey, if you don't like this sub-forum, then don't go here. Your avatar says it all, you flipping' cry baby!
    01-19-12 08:14 AM
    What I don't understand is, who doesn't like a lively debate? Who wants to go to a forum and read kool-aid posts?
    "ZOMG, this phone is awesome!!"
    "Inorite!"
    "My phone is the bestest!!"
    "ZOMG, mine too!"
    "We should all be BFF's!!"

I'd sooner punch myself in the face than have to read drivel like that on ANY forum..
    01-19-12 09:45 AM
    What I don't understand is, who doesn't like a lively debate? Who wants to go to a forum and read kool-aid posts?
    "Inorite!"
    "ZOMG, mine too!"

I'd sooner punch myself in the face than have to read drivel like that on ANY forum..
    Preaching to the choir, or ear tickling isn't my kind of forum, either

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    avt123 likes this.
    01-19-12 01:11 PM
    "Inorite!"
    "ZOMG, mine too!"

There's a difference between a debate and someone calling me a troll because I voice my opinion on being displeased with RIM for releasing sub-par phones. I'm not gonna agree with the BB fans who are happy with their phones that I should be happy. It's no wonder RIM's market share has gone down hill. Many other people have shown their distaste like me with RIM by not buying their phones. Guess that makes us all trolls.
    01-19-12 02:17 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD