Now it seems everyone is coming here to pronounce all of the problems the iDevices have. And obviously the BB is perfect. It's the same old people coming in the Apple forum and dropping a little tidbit they read on the internet and then run away and go hide in the BB forums. Hmmmm go into a BB forum with a bad news article and you are a low life troll a fanboy, you own a toy, blah blah blah and a POS. Come her and drop an article to stir the post and it's accepted?

CB USED to be a great place back a few years ago. Now it seems over run with amatuers.
    01-12-12 06:54 AM
    It sucks on all sides.
    moiselles and FigureThisOut like this.
    01-12-12 06:58 AM
    Yep............
    01-12-12 07:01 AM
    Don't worry about it and don't attack them personally. Who really cares that much? This is a blackberry site after all.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    gladiatorofyale likes this.
    01-12-12 07:10 AM
    Yeah i love it, people come in here and post negative things and leave, they get no infractions but we defend the device and we get infractions from the mods...later cb imore is so much more peaceful
    01-12-12 07:31 AM
    If I post something negative or troublesome about iPhone (or iPad) its because I'm actually using both. I'm not 'running' back to the BB side of things - though I've had those before, too.

Despite what some fervent Macoyltes would prefer us to believe, sometimes stuff goes wrong with Apple products and there are certain, ahem...lapses with their iOS and hardware. If people like me have the gall to question these, don't assume we're simply cowardly BB flamers.

And if I post, its in the hope some helpful user would have experienced the same thing and found a workaround or in the hope that if enough common concerns are posted, Apple takes note.
    Last edited by Bazza1; 01-12-12 at 08:13 AM.
    01-12-12 08:07 AM
    Was not even pointed at you Bazza........
    01-12-12 08:31 AM
    i take it you have gotten a warning lately as well
    01-12-12 09:02 AM
    BB is not perfect, but as a work horse I like it better than the iphone.

What starts a lot of these threads is when we (the royal we) start saying ipad/iphone is great because it's the #1 seller and has the most apps and btw, look at apple stock. That kind of thinking makes me think of pet rocks.

The ipad is far from a perfect table device and I'm hoping 5.1 cures the browser crashes.
    01-12-12 09:04 AM
    Honestly, this sub-forum has the same problem as the other forums. Über Fans responding to threads that they disagree with and throwing around the troll word excessively.

People are entitled to an opinion on a public board, you don't have to like it. We are all guest on a site dedicated to the blackberry which will necessitate a thick skin!

I'd like this sub-forum to be the one place where people can discuss an issue without "troll" or other insults being used constantly.

01-12-12 09:08 AM
    I'm hoping 5.1 cures the browser crashes.
    Oh god! So am I. It's beyond annoying!

01-12-12 09:10 AM
    Hmmmmm I was on bb for a while. Hated posting Couse black berry kept freezing up. Sight was good for ringtones and appt though. Lol!
    01-12-12 09:52 AM
    What I love is the passion in some of these debates. People speaking about RIM or Apple like they are on the board. These companies DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU as an individual. They do care what the masses as a whole think, feel, and buy, because their main objective is to make money.

If they really did care, then the iPhone would have included Copy/Paste at launch or the Playbook would have native email at launch. These companies push products out when they have the bare minimum to make a buck, not when a product is actually fully baked.

So flame on, defend RIM and Apple, but in the end, you are just a consumer to them, a demographic, a number in an excel sheet.
    LazyStarGazer likes this.
    01-12-12 11:43 AM
    What I love is the passion in some of these debates. People speaking about RIM or Apple like they are on the board. These companies DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU as an individual. They do care what the masses as a whole think, feel, and buy, because their main objective is to make money.

If they really did care, then the iPhone would have included Copy/Paste at launch or the Playbook would have native email at launch. These companies push products out when they have the bare minimum to make a buck, not when a product is actually fully baked.

So flame on, defend RIM and Apple, but in the end, you are just a consumer to them, a demographic, a number in an excel sheet.
    I disagree. I think RIM does follow CB and that's why we have the Bold 99x0.

And although we are consumers, when we come to Apple/RIM with a problem or concern, they should take care of us happily (I'm a number in a spreadsheet go figure). Have you ever been to an Apple Store? I have always been treated very well there.

I think the bigger picture here is that the smartphone/tech enthusiast, in general, is very passionate about their platform of choice. I was a Crackhead for years, and I miss using BB's on a daily basis. I am rooting for RIM to pull out of this funk. But I think myself, and a lot of the CB community, have seen that the developer support for BB is virtually non-existent, and have moved onto iOS or an Android device.

That is why this forum is so debated - everyone from die-hard Crackheads to iDevice junkies come in here and clash. It's good to debate and get the other point of view once in a while.

There will always be trolls and pot-stirrers. Just ignore as you would a juicy piece of spam.
    Last edited by mountainman; 01-12-12 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Changed BU TT heads to clash - is BU TT a dirty word?
    01-12-12 01:20 PM
    If I post something negative or troublesome about iPhone (or iPad) its because I'm actually using both. I'm not 'running' back to the BB side of things - though I've had those before, too.

Despite what some fervent Macoyltes would prefer us to believe, sometimes stuff goes wrong with Apple products and there are certain, ahem...lapses with their iOS and hardware. If people like me have the gall to question these, don't assume we're simply cowardly BB flamers.

And if I post, its in the hope some helpful user would have experienced the same thing and found a workaround or in the hope that if enough common concerns are posted, Apple takes note.
    Yes.. but you're not one of the "post and hide" trolls that AP is referring to. Any discussion regarding an OS / product that has a basis of fact can be discussed openly and honestly w/o people getting all up in arms.. it's the trolls who post something just to see how much shiat they can stir up.
    01-12-12 02:11 PM
    I disagree. I think RIM does follow CB and that's why we have the Bold 99x0.

And although we are consumers, when we come to Apple/RIM with a problem or concern, they should take care of us happily (I'm a number in a spreadsheet go figure). Have you ever been to an Apple Store? I have always been treated very well there.

I think the bigger picture here is that the smartphone/tech enthusiast, in general, is very passionate about their platform of choice. I was a Crackhead for years, and I miss using BB's on a daily basis. I am rooting for RIM to pull out of this funk. But I think myself, and a lot of the CB community, have seen that the developer support for BB is virtually non-existent, and have moved onto iOS or an Android device.

That is why this forum is so debated - everyone from die-hard Crackheads to iDevice junkies come in here and clash. It's good to debate and get the other point of view once in a while.

There will always be trolls and pot-stirrers. Just ignore as you would a juicy piece of spam.
    I don't see that developer support is non existent, it seems to be picking up with the playbook more than bbos which has been neglected. Agree with most the rest of what you said.
    01-12-12 03:52 PM
    Trolls who post in the iPhone sub forum don't bother me. No matter how loud they scream RIM makes a superior device, I KNOW better. I used RIM devices for four years, and they used to be adequate. Got the i4 on release date, and have never looked back. Apple keeps advancing technology and RIM slaps a few bells and whistles on an old OS and calls it ground breaking. I think that's why RIM owners come in here, to vent their frustration about owning an obviously inferior (to the rest of the world) device.
    01-12-12 05:12 PM
    Advancing technology and advancing functionality are very different beasts, which is the reason I don't own an iphone for my day to day activities.
    01-12-12 06:01 PM
    Advancing technology and advancing functionality are very different beasts, which is the reason I don't own an iphone for my day to day activities.
    You don't consider Siri an advancement of functionality? It's the most functional aspect of any phone I've ever owned.

01-12-12 06:03 PM
    Like the equal to a more or lesser degree apps on the other platforms?
    01-12-12 06:06 PM
    You don't consider Siri an advancement of functionality? It's the most functional aspect of any phone I've ever owned.

I really hope you meant this as a joke?
    01-12-12 06:22 PM
    I really hope you meant this as a joke?
    If you've use it you'll know what it can do. It's not blackberry voice-dial granted but it's pretty good.

01-12-12 06:24 PM
    These problems must be deep within the threads and not recognizable from the titles, cuz a quick glance at the First page of this forum only shows 1, maybe 2 threads that would fit this description.

Because I support both BB and iPhone, I've posted a few times in here when there was a security issue. What I thought of as spreading a warning would get turned into claims that I was making a big deal or that Security is over-rated or it could be easily worked around by following 27 steps that most people wouldn't know. Basically, a sweeping under the rug, "Nothing to see here" kind of dismissiveness to actual problems, so I stopped bothering with it here.
    01-12-12 06:41 PM
    , so I stopped bothering with it here.
    That's actually a horrible shame. Why people can't have a thicker skin is beyond me. Security is paramount and if people here give you grief I hope you realize that it's only the minority and continue to contribute.

01-12-12 06:56 PM
    If you've use it you'll know what it can do. It's not blackberry voice-dial granted but it's pretty good.

Vlingo is not bb voice dial either. But not sure it's siri either.
    01-12-12 07:00 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD