When the I phone first came out a couple of years ago it was tech gold. Now it is almost 2010 and I feel android has surpassed Iphone in many ways. I know the apps on the I phone makes it very popular.

So again, what is so great about the Iphone? I think android is better.
    12-05-09 05:41 PM
    You just answered your own question. "I think" is deems your opinion.
    Everyone has a different opinion. I don't see anything great about the Android
    and you probably think I'm crazy. But that's just what I think.
    12-05-09 06:30 PM
    When the I phone first came out a couple of years ago it was tech gold. Now it is almost 2010 and I feel android has surpassed Iphone in many ways. I know the apps on the I phone makes it very popular.

I have used, BB's, WM, and Android devices and I find the iPhone to be the best for what I need it to do. Android can not access separate folders in exchange with out using a 3rd party, with the iPhone I can without 3rd party app. The iPhone has XM radio app, Droid does not. The iPhone has more apps that I use than Android.

You think the Android is better and I think the iPhone is better. Who cares! Use what ever phone works for you and that is all that counts!
    12-05-09 06:41 PM
    I have used, BB's, WM, and Android devices and I find the iPhone to be the best for what I need it to do. Android can not access separate folders in exchange with out using a 3rd party, with the iPhone I can without 3rd party app. The iPhone has XM radio app, Droid does not. The iPhone has more apps that I use than Android.

You think the Android is better and I think the iPhone is better. Who cares! Use what ever phone works for you and that is all that counts!
    I guess that means Droid DOESN'T....... =]

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-09 07:11 AM

In what ways do you think Android has surpassed the iPhone? I am guessing they may be areas that are of your preference. Just like hardcore blackberry users still think blackberries are best. So who really what what people "think". Isn't it about what you think and what you need in a device? I think the iPhone is still better. Since I made that statement, does it make it true?
    12-07-09 12:01 PM
    Well, I used to have google g1 and I have to say that it was great. However, its apps are still very few (even though most of them are free) compared to the iphone's. That' one of the reasons I switched to iphone.
    12-11-09 03:44 AM

Time to derail your claims Can the iPhone multitask? No. Customization? No. Widgets? No. Removable battery? No. SD card slot? No. Physical keyboard? No. VGA/WVGA screen? No. 5mp camera? No. How bout a nice LED flash with that camera? No. Open Source? No. Good Network? At&t=ouch Adobe Flash? No,

I personally would not want a phone that can't multitask, but its up to you to suffer with an iPhone if you want.

12-11-09 04:29 PM
    Let's rectify some incorrect information! I love my DROID and I love my 3GS.

But some of your info is wrong.

Time to derail your claims Can the iPhone multitask? No.
    Wrong. Yes, it can. It's called Jailbreaking.

Customization? No.
    I can set my own wallpaper, and ringtone- What does customization mean again?

Widgets? No.
    How is that a dealbreaker again? I can set a widget from a website to my homescreen, and I have my weather right there. Just because you can have a facebook app already open, means nothing.

My 3GS is quick enough that one tap and it's BOOM there.

Removable battery? No.
    So? My battery lasts long enough, and I'm not about to go carrying around spares anyway.

Seriously, who does that anymore. No one that I know.

Inside my office, or not.

SD card slot? No.
    Who needs a SD slot, when you have 32GB of storage.

I can see wanting a SD slot when you have to deal with the laughable amount of internal memory in BBs or Android Devices-

But I find it difficult to believe anyone carrying around mutiple 16GB SD cards on their person.

It's just not practical.

Regardless, have 32GB SD cards gone mainstream? No.

Physical keyboard? No.
    Okay, I'll give you that one.

But the iPhone's Virtual Keyboard is great, I don't even have to look at my screen while typing for the autocorrection to kick in and ACCURATELY fix my mispells.

The DROID has a physical keyboard, but is it anything worth writing home for?

Not for me.

VGA/WVGA screen? No.
    I'll give you that one too. But regardless, my iPhone can handle it's screen much better than my DROID.

Whenever I Stream, or upload videos onto my DROID it's choppy. This is a well known issue.

What good is a screen, if it can't transition my media well enough to enjoy watching what I want to watch?

5mp camera? No.
    Yes, the DROID has a 5MP camera, but it's lousy at best, even after it's recent update.

Megapixels aren't everything, Software is.

And the iPhone's software is superior when it comes to focusing and balancing a picture.

How bout a nice LED flash with that camera? No.
    Okay, you won that one!

Open Source? No.
    Yes, Jailbreak.

Good Network? At&t=ouch
    Sorry, but this is subjective. And it's becoming way to trendy and cool to bash AT&T.

Adobe Flash? No,
    I don't know what your getting at here.

iPhone, nor the Droid have Adobe Flash.

Atleast, they don't yet.

I personally would not want a phone that can't multitask, but its up to you to suffer with an iPhone if you want.
    Sounds like your a Masochist, for choosing to suffer through things that don't merit suffering.
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 12-11-09 at 05:05 PM.
    12-11-09 04:55 PM
    Ok prada... I have an ipod touch and its jailbroken, but backgrounder is just a failure on 3.0 and up. Also apple has the iphone locked down so pathetically and many people don't wanna risk or try jailbreaking, so that's really not fair about jailbreaking it because it doesn't come with it.

My definition for customization: You can be able to do anything you want to your homescreen (not just lockscreen). By anything I mean change what the clock looks like, custom skin icons, homescreen wallpaper, custom skin menus and docks. Updating. Widgets like the weather.BTW without hacking.

12-11-09 05:06 PM
    ok if you dont like it then why are you here? to start flame wars?

I love how people who DONT EVEN HAVE ATT OR AN IPHONE feel the need to come here and bash it or start threads bashing it, let alone with a TON of inaccuracies. Nothing better to do with your lives?
    Last edited by stuaw11; 12-11-09 at 05:17 PM.
    12-11-09 05:14 PM
    Ok prada... I have an ipod touch and its jailbroken, but backgrounder is just a failure on 3.0 and up. Also apple has the iphone locked down so pathetically and many people don't wanna risk or try jailbreaking, so that's really not fair about jailbreaking it because it doesn't come with it.

My definition for customization: You can be able to do anything you want to your homescreen (not just lockscreen). By anything I mean change what the clock looks like, custom skin icons, homescreen wallpaper, custom skin menus and docks. Updating. Widgets like the weather.BTW without hacking.

Backgrounder isn't a failure. I don't understand that statement one bit. It works perfectly and just as intended. I do agree with you on Apple locking everything down. But they do it with everything and people already know this. The amount of people who jailbreak is a nice amount, but nowhere near the majority of iPhone users. Therefor that means that iPhone users are generally happy with their device the way it is. It did win consumer device of the year what, two years in a row now?

Android is awesome and I am loving every moment of it, but to say it is better is just opinion, and your opinion in an iPhone sub-forum, and in general means nothing to those who don't agree with you.
    12-11-09 10:05 PM
    I think once you mention "jailbreak" to justify what the iPhone can do, it sorta is null in void in my opinion. Unfortunately the average consumer is not going to jailbreak their phone. Of course for us above average users this shouldn't be a problem but still. I like to analyze and grade device based on how they perform out the box, not through hacks, which is what the jailbreak is.
    12-11-09 10:49 PM
    Every platform has its flaws out of the box and shortcomings that 3rd party apps and hacks fix- ex. Bold 9000 couldnt do EDGE only until recently without a hack, Pre is lacking an official video recorder, without an app, Droid missing a task manager, multitouch, and limited to 256mb of app memory without an app/hack.

One is not more important than the other and no OS is perfect out of the box. For everyone person who says something like multitasking is important and lacking, theres one who really doesnt care because the phone just works and doesnt crash or run low on memory from multiple unclosed apps.

So its all moot in the end, its one opinion.

Apple sells millions and millions of devices to people who are perfectly happy with them out of the box without jailbreaking- dont like it and dont want to jailbreak, then no gun to anyone's head to buy one, period.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 12-11-09 at 11:10 PM.
    12-11-09 10:56 PM
    Also apple has the iphone locked down so pathetically and many people don't wanna risk or try jailbreaking, so that's really not fair about jailbreaking it because it doesn't come with it.
    And to that I say, how many programs don't come with your DROID? Or the Bold?

Yes, Apple tries to keep the iPhone locked, but a quick restore, and everything is back to normal!

I think once you mention "jailbreak" to justify what the iPhone can do, it sorta is null in void in my opinion. Unfortunately the average consumer is not going to jailbreak their phone. Of course for us above average users this shouldn't be a problem but still. I like to analyze and grade device based on how they perform out the box, not through hacks, which is what the jailbreak is.
    I disagree.

If something "can do" something, it can do it.

My BlackBerry can tell me the weather.

Not out of the box, but it can do it.

Should I discount that? Solely because it involves downloading the program?

No.

My BlackBerry can vibrate and ring at the same time.

No.

Now a days an iPhone can be jailbroken in under 30 seconds simply by plugging in your phone and clicking "Make it Ra1n".

Gone are the days of needing to be a hacker in order to jailbreak your iPhone.

It's fast and easy, and a lot of people are doing it.

To say something should be null and void simply because it can, isn't very smart.

Because, I can organize my desk, I just need a Red Bull before I can start.

Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 12-12-09 at 09:49 AM.
    12-12-09 09:44 AM
    Verizon network vs at&t network
    There's'no app for that
    I love the iphone but the network is ...

12-12-09 11:30 AM
    what's so great about the iphone?
    one word: SIMPLICITY!

and AT&T's network is flawless in my area so I guess I can't complain (:
    12-12-09 11:49 AM
    same here in my area

And say youre on a call and need to send an email or check Google maps or the web. theres NO app for that!

I think this thread is done and going nowhere started as a bait to a flame war. Opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one
    12-12-09 12:31 PM
    Well if were talking straight out of the box, Droid wins. Apple has like 10 apps on the iphone and the rest you have to download.
    And to that I say, how many programs don't come with your DROID? Or the Bold?

Yes, Apple tries to keep the iPhone locked, but a quick restore, and everything is back to normal!

I disagree.

If something "can do" something, it can do it.

My BlackBerry can tell me the weather.

No.

My BlackBerry can vibrate and ring at the same time.

No.

Now a days an iPhone can be jailbroken in under 30 seconds simply by plugging in your phone and clicking "Make it Ra1n".

Gone are the days of needing to be a hacker in order to jailbreak your iPhone.

It's fast and easy, and a lot of people are doing it.

To say something should be null and void simply because it can, isn't very smart.

Because, I can organize my desk, I just need a Red Bull before I can start.

12-12-09 12:37 PM
    NO ONE CARES

why do u think continuing to argue your precious Droid in the iphone section is going to get you anywhere besides troll status or banned.

No one cares, get over it and move on.
    12-12-09 12:55 PM
    same here in my area

And say youre on a call and need to send an email or check Google maps or the web. theres NO app for that!

I think this thread is done and going nowhere started as a bait to a flame war. Opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one

It could make a happy hunting ground for Trolls. We have rooms free in the jailhouse and we need a few bans "pour encourager les autres" and give us a quiet week

12-12-09 01:44 PM
    Itd be nice, as of this past week or so its not even the BB people surprisingly, its a few Droid fanboys and people who dont even have ATT coming from nowhere making it bad in here starting flame wars and baiting people into arguments.

I just DONT get why people feel the need to come put in their two sense if you dont have ATT or even an iphone. It boggles my mind what the issue is- if people need to get a life, a hobby, or what the issue is.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 12-12-09 at 02:00 PM.
    12-12-09 01:55 PM
    Itd be nice, as of this past week or so its not even the BB people surprisingly, its a few Droid fanboys and people who dont even have ATT coming from nowhere making it bad in here starting flame wars and baiting people into arguments.

I just DONT get why people feel the need to come put in their two sense if you dont have ATT or even an iphone. It boggles my mind what the issue is- if people need to get a life, a hobby, or what the issue is.
    It's because some people have to justify their purchase over the number 1 smartphone. Wether it be because theirs can multitask or because they have Verizon. Let them be, they are the tools in the end.
    12-12-09 02:47 PM
    Verizon network vs at&t network
    There's'no app for that
    I love the iphone but the network is ...

Seeing as your carrier is Bell, which is Canadian, means you have no say in this matter of AT&T vs. Verizon. This isn't even a thread about carriers, and AT&T isn't the only carrier in the world who carries the iPhone.

I have both AT&T and Verizon. I get better service in my area with AT&T. They are about equal but AT&T usually has more bars. It is all about LOCATION. AT&Ts coverage covers the majority of the US population. In my area they are great.

If Verizon had the same number of iPhones on its network that AT&T has, they would be fcked too. AT&Ts data network is definitely the most used and stressed out data network in the US, and I'm willing to bet in the majority of the world.
    12-12-09 02:52 PM
    Droid fanbois were G1 fanbois... 'Ok, this time it's better than the iPhone!'
    12-12-09 04:49 PM
    What is the point of this thread, it frankly stinks.
    12-13-09 10:23 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD