My iPhone 4 has developed an earpiece fault and needs to go back to the apple store. I'm currently jailbroken on 4.3.3. I have a feeling they will replace my handset with a new one which will be on 4.3.5. With os5 around the corner what are my options? Will I loose all of my jailbreak tweaks and apps? Or is there a way of backing them up until the next jailbreak is out? Help!!
    10-02-11 02:01 PM
    You will have to unjailbreak the iphone, but you should be able to sync up on 4.3.3. os5 is a new animal....
    10-02-11 04:38 PM
    If they replace the handset though the new one will be on 4.3.5 is there anyway of downgrading when I get the phone?
    10-02-11 06:09 PM
    You can back up your apps with apt backup from Cydia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-02-11 06:19 PM
    My iPhone 4 has developed an earpiece fault and needs to go back to the apple store. I'm currently jailbroken on 4.3.3. I have a feeling they will replace my handset with a new one which will be on 4.3.5. With os5 around the corner what are my options? Will I loose all of my jailbreak tweaks and apps? Or is there a way of backing them up until the next jailbreak is out? Help!!
    Before you turn in your phone, write down all your JB apps & tweaks. Right now, there is no untethered JB for 4.3.5.
    10-02-11 07:08 PM
    Warren:
    I think what you are is asking is, can you downgrade your NEW device using shsh blobs from your old one.

I'm not sure if shsh blobs are device specific.
    If they are, saving them from an old device will not help you on a new one.

I'm not very knowledgeable about this. Hopefully someone else will chime in?
    10-02-11 08:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD