but whats the point in having a sleek looking phone if ur going to bulk it out? im just curious why people use otterbox. not dissing at all just cant understand it. r u a construction worker or something?
    06-25-09 08:45 PM
    Do 3g cases fit the 3gs?
    06-28-09 08:22 AM
    Incase Slider

You can order them online or get them at BestBuy.

Best iPhone case ever.
    Agreed! The incase is thin enough to put in your front pocket and thick enough to protect your phone. It also has a rubbery feel to prevent slipping.
    06-28-09 08:32 AM
    Do 3g cases fit the 3gs?
    Yes they do.
    06-28-09 09:51 AM
    but whats the point in having a sleek looking phone if ur going to bulk it out? im just curious why people use otterbox. not dissing at all just cant understand it. r u a construction worker or something?
    They might be a construction worker. Some people just want protection for something they just spent a good amount of $$ on. I myself would never use an otterbox because it is huge.
    06-28-09 09:52 AM
    WOW! I had never seen an otterbox case until just now. I googled it, and they are HUGE! It doesn't even look like your phone would fit in your pocket anymore. Its a good idea I guess, but there is no way I could use one of those things. The good things is, there is no possible way that anything would happen to your phone if you dropped it!!
    06-28-09 10:54 AM
    I went to the at&t store last week and tried on the iFrogz Luxe case. I loved how easy it slipped on (just like the Innocase II with the felt lining). Since at&t smokes dust and charges $30 , I came home and ordered on ebay for $14 shipped

The pics online don't do it justice for people who are interested in this case. So I took the time to go outside and capture some images of the case so everyone can see it's true color. The metallic burnt orange is SOOOOO SWEET.

First impression....

What I like

-Love the color
    -Love how simple it slides in (not worried about scratches here )
    -All the cutouts are absolutely perfect
    -Love the "lay on the table" design with a touch of bezel showing, looks classy
    -Closes very firm and tight (you can see from the pics)
    -The grippy feel is VERY nice and shows NO fingerprints (love this)
    -Feels just as slim as the Innocase II...no bulk at all!

What I don't like

Only 2 things so far and not major at all...

-Too much cutout near the volume rocker (maybe will show some hairline scratches later from pocket use?)
    -It grabbed my Anti-Glare shield at the bottom initially, but it seems to gotten better and it very minimal. Doesn't bother me at all. (check the pics) It could of been because I was so excited to put it on LOL.

All in all, for $14 shipped, its a deal and has made it into my Top 5 cases.

Enjoy the pics

06-29-09 03:20 PM
    I used to roll with the BB Curve (that was before the Bold and now the iPhone). I had a leather sleeve that fit into a leather belt clip for the Curve that I'd purchased at the AT&T store.

I hadn't found a "belt clip" fir the iPhone. For some reason they don't seem to have a good selection of those.

Anyhow, I bought a leather sleeve made for the iPhone at AT&T and it just so happened to fit the leather holster that I had used with the Curve!
    06-29-09 04:00 PM
    I've tried a ton of various cases over the past year with my 3G.

I really like Benza for leather belt clip products, very well made, quick ship from Europe at a reasonable price. The vertical allows quick retrieval and access to the mute/volume/sleep and headphone jack.

Apple iPhone 3G Cases by Beyza Cases | Leather PDA Cases, Smartphone Cases, iPod Cases, iPhone Cases | Leather Case and Sleeve

The rest of the time, I just pop on one of these:

DLO | Jam Jacket for iPhone 3G

Best Buy has them. Added protection and a good grip. Not too bad to get in and out of your pocket. Put on or take of in seconds.

Forget the stupid screen covers! After a year, I don't have a single scratch. I'm careful, but not *that* careful.

HTH
    Last edited by Oilbrnr; 06-29-09 at 04:42 PM.
    06-29-09 04:39 PM
    06-29-09 06:59 PM
    thats what I use

Its pretty similar to that orange/black Ifrogz one above
    06-29-09 09:49 PM
    i have an incase power slider for mine best $80 i spent it does exactly what it is supposed to do. ive had it for over 6 months and yet to have a problem with it. the only thing that got me was that because its a snug fit it created an air bubble in my screen protector but if your willing to go for it and spend the 80 target and best buy have them both but the best buy model is a newer model not much changed but it doesnt get as warm and charges faster and holds it longer
    06-30-09 03:47 PM
    I use an incipio feather for the utility days and a leather holster for class A days. I prefer to use my phones naked, but the incipio is thin enough to provide some protection but easily slip in and out of pockets.

I am still a bit worried about the oleophobic coatings and screen protectors. Does anyone know if the coating can be removed by the adhesive on the protectors?
    06-30-09 06:20 PM
    I went to my local Apple Store today and picked up the Incase Slider (white). I am loving the case so far absolutely no complaints. Definitely the best case I have used for the iPhone. Now I'm still debating on wether to get a screen protector but I'm leaning toward not. Had one on my 3G but don't know if I want to do the same.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-09 08:44 PM
    I too have the Incase slider, absolutely perfect fit and very easy to remove if I need to. I'm one of the few people who thinks the iPhone is too thin, the slider adds just enough bulk and the surface provides great grip even with wet hands. The only problem I had was that the fit was so snug, it made bubbles in my screen protector, so I just stopped using them.

I like this product so much i'm going to test out the Incase power slider next.
    07-05-09 09:16 PM
    I too have the Incase slider, absolutely perfect fit and very easy to remove if I need to. I'm one of the few people who thinks the iPhone is too thin, the slider adds just enough bulk and the surface provides great grip even with wet hands. The only problem I had was that the fit was so snug, it made bubbles in my screen protector, so I just stopped using them.

I like this product so much i'm going to test out the Incase power slider next.
    Yea the power slider looks really nice. I might pick that one up soon.
    07-05-09 10:54 PM
    Yea the power slider looks really nice. I might pick that one up soon.
    believe it or not, i dont even need an extended battery because i am having trouble making the phone battery die period
    07-06-09 11:09 AM
    has anyone else tried the otterbox impact series rubber case? i am really impressed with it, GREAT protection, slim profile, slick rubber. Its the one for me, plus it comes in white to match my white 3GS. and its cheap like 12$
    07-06-09 11:11 AM
    I am torn between vaja and the beyza slimcase. Although for the price I think I am going with beyza.
    12-22-09 05:23 AM
    I am currently using this DLO HipCase. Nice quality and form factor, but I am not that crazy about the velcro enclosure. The velcro enclosure works well, but it is kind of cheesy in my opinion. I am trying to find a similar horizontal leather holster with a magnetic enclosure, but no luck.

HipCase | Cases + Clips | DLO
    12-22-09 05:41 AM
    I have two Otterboxes, the Impact and the Commuter TL. The Commuter TL is awesome, I won't use anything else.
    12-22-09 09:10 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD