I'm picking up an iPhone end week up here in Canada. With my Bold I have a good leather case with belt clip. It has a magnetic clip to secure phone in holster and I can access my phone easy + it's pretty secure. Now I am wondering what option to do for the iPhone. I could get something similar with a belt clip or a rubber case or a sleeve. Not sure if I want to keep the phone in pocket as it may be too bulky. It it is in pocket I would want something to protect against scratches that is not overly bulky. Outside of pocket I guess a belt clip is the best option. I'm not worried about dropping the phone as I am very careful with my phones. I'm also looking for an inexpensive option, I don't need Corinthian leather or anything fancy.

Thanks for any tips.
    06-23-09 04:08 PM
    hi there, for a good non bulky holster you can check out these...very good choices and can be bought on ebay. i have the incase folio and it is great if your using a case on the phone.

Incase Leather & Nylon Folio for iPhone 3G (Black) - Apple Store (U.S.)

Marware C.E.O. Sleeve for iPhone 3G - Apple Store (U.S.)

personally, since the phone is built so solid, i just go with a screen protector and slider case. goes in any jean/dress pants pocket with no problems and no bulky feeling at all.

this is one of the best, solid slider cases on the market...i have a few colors

Incase Slider for iPhone 3G (Black Matte) - Apple Store (U.S.)

check out other cases from the website....i go with the screen protectors Apple sells from there online website (Power Support) and they are top notch.

hope this helps and good luck because there is HUNDREDS of cases out there
    06-23-09 04:22 PM
    The Marware one looked pretty sweet. Now I'm also wondering if the 3G S needs a scrren protector or not as some say it doesn't.
    06-23-09 05:23 PM
    hi there, for a good non bulky holster you can check out these...very good choices and can be bought on ebay. i have the incase folio and it is great if your using a case on the phone.

Incase Leather & Nylon Folio for iPhone 3G (Black) - Apple Store (U.S.)

Marware C.E.O. Sleeve for iPhone 3G - Apple Store (U.S.)

personally, since the phone is built so solid, i just go with a screen protector and slider case. goes in any jean/dress pants pocket with no problems and no bulky feeling at all.

this is one of the best, solid slider cases on the market...i have a few colors

Incase Slider for iPhone 3G (Black Matte) - Apple Store (U.S.)

check out other cases from the website....i go with the screen protectors Apple sells from there online website (Power Support) and they are top notch.

hope this helps and good luck because there is HUNDREDS of cases out there
    Great post! I wasn't the one who asked, but really appreciate the info. The slider case is awesome. I need to get one of those VERY soon. I have a slider now, but don't really care for it. It's a DLO, and it makes the phone more bulky than it needs to be.
    06-23-09 05:25 PM
    i feel better having one, so i use them because i throw the phone in my pocket

the screen is scratch resistant, not scratch-proof
    06-23-09 05:26 PM
    Great post! I wasn't the one who asked, but really appreciate the info. The slider case is awesome. I need to get one of those VERY soon. I have a slider now, but don't really care for it. It's a DLO, and it makes the phone more bulky than it needs to be.
    thanks man, glad it helps

the incase slider adds very little bulk and can be bought in every apple store and most best buys i believe.

my girl has the white slider and she treats her phone like its a kickball, dropping it every day. the case is beat up, but the phone has ZERO scratches on the face or back plastic casing.
    06-23-09 05:28 PM
    i have the incase slider and it works great. i tired some other brand (i can't remember but got it at the att store) slider type case but it used a latch system in the back to hold the bottom and top part together. not to mention the latch turns into a bump on the back so the phone doesn't lay flat. the incase slider provides a very snug fit and it may add a little bulk to the phone, but it's not much. for sliders, i think you can't go wrong with the incase slider case.
    06-23-09 06:36 PM
    I never use a case for my phone until I got the iphone 3GS. The incase is great. It has a slight rubber feel to it and fits the phone tight and smooth.
    06-23-09 06:44 PM
    I got myself the hip pouch, and I was told that I won't be able to case it, and do that. So I will just rock it naked with my pouch for now. Thats ok though I like my white back, I might change my mind but for now it's all good.
    06-24-09 09:48 AM
    I got myself the hip pouch, and I was told that I won't be able to case it, and do that. So I will just rock it naked with my pouch for now. Thats ok though I like my white back, I might change my mind but for now it's all good.
    the marware ceo sleeve and premier cases will fit your phone with a slider case on

i use the holster with an incase slider with no problems

maybe you can return what you got and check out what im doin
    06-24-09 12:46 PM
    the marware ceo sleeve and premier cases will fit your phone with a slider case on

i use the holster with an incase slider with no problems

maybe you can return what you got and check out what im doin
    Thanks! Yeah that sounds like a good deal!
    06-24-09 05:18 PM
    Thanks! Yeah that sounds like a good deal!
    no problem. its a nice sleek combo IMO. usually i just toss my phone in my pocket with the slider, but those "suit up" days, I use the holster and its perfect
    06-24-09 06:37 PM
    are there any designer cases out there? like LV or gucci? i dont want some cheap chinese knockoff i want a real deal one, they did one for the orginal iphone when it first came out....it was like $200
    06-24-09 06:48 PM
    are there any designer cases out there? like LV or gucci? i dont want some cheap chinese knockoff i want a real deal one, they did one for the orginal iphone when it first came out....it was like $200
    louie makes a slip pocket case for $250

check there website
    06-24-09 06:51 PM
    louie makes a slip pocket case for $250

check there website
    i look last week and couldnt find it! thanks!!! ill be visting the store this coming weekend to make sure it looks good in person
    06-24-09 07:32 PM
    The only case i will put my blackberry and iphone in is an otterbox.. They are a little big but your phone will not get broken..
    06-24-09 07:48 PM
    u might as well just have a nokia if ur gonna use a otterbox
    06-24-09 08:32 PM
    Incase Slider

You can order them online or get them at BestBuy.

Best iPhone case ever.
    06-24-09 09:12 PM
    I own a few Incase sliders as well. I'm not a big fan of cases overall, but the Incase sliders look good and offer great protection for the iPhone. I would recommend this case too.

You might also want take a look at the the Speck CandyShell. My sister has this case and it seems pretty durable. She's had it for about 3 weeks and has had no complaints.

If you want a case with a belt clip, then I would suggest the Contour Showcase or the Incase Clip Case. I personally don't need a belt clip for my iPhone so I do not own these cases. However, my friends own these cases and I've heard good things so you might want to check them out.
    Last edited by eekflapfire; 06-25-09 at 04:29 AM.
    06-25-09 04:25 AM
    Seems like there is two options. A shell around the phone and keeping the iPhone in my pocket or some kind of case that I can put the iPhone in and out of with either a belt clip or not. Currently I've had my Bold in a belt clip case and it's served me well. I don't worry about it scratching up with my keys or coins (Though I do have a screen protector), though I do miss some calls when I'm out and about and don't feel the vibration. I've also never dropped my Bold either though I suppose there is always a risk.

I would consider carrying the iPhone in front pocket with a shell on it but then I do worry about scratching the screen as well as having a cellphone so close to my cojones all the time. Something like the C.E.O. Glide is attractive because it holds the entire iPhone protected in pocket, though I'd be bare with iPhone in hand.
    06-25-09 07:11 AM
    Seems like there is two options. A shell around the phone and keeping the iPhone in my pocket or some kind of case that I can put the iPhone in and out of with either a belt clip or not. Currently I've had my Bold in a belt clip case and it's served me well. I don't worry about it scratching up with my keys or coins (Though I do have a screen protector), though I do miss some calls when I'm out and about and don't feel the vibration. I've also never dropped my Bold either though I suppose there is always a risk.

I would consider carrying the iPhone in front pocket with a shell on it but then I do worry about scratching the screen as well as having a cellphone so close to my cojones all the time. Something like the C.E.O. Glide is attractive because it holds the entire iPhone protected in pocket, though I'd be bare with iPhone in hand.

the marware ceo premier and sleeve both work great the an incase slider

so you can have a shell around your phone plus put it in a holster

best of both worlds

heres a great video comparing cases that work with the holster

06-25-09 10:26 AM
    I just bought an Incipio Feather- very very thing shell that wraps around the back to the sides and comes with screen protectors too.

Since the case is <1mm can still put it into a pouch/holster, but I got it so if I set it on a table the back wont be scuffed up
    06-25-09 01:32 PM
    imo i think otter is a good way to go, i used it for my storm and now my 3GS
    06-25-09 08:21 PM
    lol ur phone has to be HUGE. im looking at getting the LV sleeve but im not so sure going to the lv store this weekend
    06-25-09 08:23 PM
    Yea this case if pretty big but it protects my phone so I don't care.
    06-25-09 08:43 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD