I have regular debates with a few of my buddies about iPhone vs BlackBerry. They're former BlackBerry users, but they only know of the legacy devices (no surprise there). Yesterday one of them posted this on facebook and I had to comment that if those are 15 top reasons iPhone users have for loving they're phones they really have no idea how far behind they're falling. 15 Things You Didn't Know Your iPhone Could Do

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 10:24 AM
    Lol its like that YouTube video "introducing the new iPhone 5s and 5c" says they like to add **** a little bit later so everyone is like "omg" and "Wow".

? Posted via CB10 on my ? Z30
    03-28-14 10:30 AM
    Iphone users like the simplicity. Look theres no doubts that gestures are great, they allow for such fluidity but there is a definitely a learning curve. All thoses swipes takee time to learn. On the other hand, if u screw up on an ipphone all u have to do is press the home button and bam...ur back. My mother got stuck in the blackberry hub for what seemed like an eternity lol.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 10:30 AM
    Yes this list is pretty pathetic, but it's hardly a reason people stay loyal and continue to buy iPhones. It doesn't say it's 15 reasons people love their iPhones, it's 15 things that people might not know they can do with them. Two totally different things.
    wtrmlnjuc, bbq10l and eldricho like this.
    03-28-14 10:35 AM
    Maybe it's just me, but when I look at a list I would think that it should be worthy of a list. Identifying overhead planes is just something I have never even considered wasting my time on or being excited about using the shift key to type in caps! I guess I'm comparing those things to what I consider cool like being able to hammer out a pretty darn long email reply to clients with literally one hand with the awesome BlackBerry 10 predictive keyboards faster (or at least as fast) and more accurate than anyone using other devices, in app notifications and replies, lock screen notifications, etc...

Posted via CB10
    AFaquir likes this.
    03-28-14 11:10 AM
    I was just about to post something VERY similar...

This is why I won't get an iPhone for personal use... because I simply don't want to be associated with this user group or the company that made the product.

I have one for work and absolutely HATE it... I don't get the fascination with it as a device at all. It is largely counter-intuitive or inconvenient and responding to client e-mails is useless if I have to use any words other than yes, no, maybe. Otherwise my e-mail is just full of spelling and grammatical mistakes which make me look like a moron... my old Bold never made me look like a moron. I can't wait until August and I can get out of this device and back to a 10!
    CherokeeMarty likes this.
    03-29-14 01:55 PM
    People stay loyal due to marketing and marketing alone... I used to say that out of ignorance to the device. Now that I have to have one due to a forced upon me IT policy I can say it as fact. There is nothing about this device that "amazes"... its honestly no better or worse than any other phone on the market. However, they market this thing to be "whizz-bang" cool and make it seem like its the only device in the world that can do what it does which ensures most people will never consider another device.
    03-29-14 02:01 PM
    Lol

Posted via BlackBerry Q10Bold
    03-29-14 02:33 PM
    However, they market this thing to be "whizz-bang" cool and make it seem like its the only device in the world that can do what it does which ensures most people will never consider another device.
    I'm sure the "this is just like any other device" campaign is right around the corner.
    AFaquir likes this.
    03-29-14 02:38 PM

This is why I won't get an iPhone for personal use... because I simply don't want to be associated with this user group or the company that made the product.

I have one for work and absolutely HATE it... I don't get the fascination with it as a device at all. It is largely counter-intuitive or inconvenient and responding to client e-mails is useless if I have to use any words other than yes, no, maybe. Otherwise my e-mail is just full of spelling and grammatical mistakes which make me look like a moron... my old Bold never made me look like a moron. I can't wait until August and I can get out of this device and back to a 10!
    I tried an Iphone 4 not even a week a couple years ago, I can't be using this phone while conducting business. Replying to emails was terrible, specially when I needed to attach a couple documents, I had to reply twice? I couldn't figure out how to attach multiple files, How professional is that? I gave it to my daughter, she was ecstatic, it does a good job for her. I then knew the Iphone hoopla wasn't for me.
    AFaquir likes this.
    03-29-14 02:40 PM
    People stay loyal due to marketing and marketing alone... I used to say that out of ignorance to the device. Now that I have to have one due to a forced upon me IT policy I can say it as fact. There is nothing about this device that "amazes"... its honestly no better or worse than any other phone on the market. However, they market this thing to be "whizz-bang" cool and make it seem like its the only device in the world that can do what it does which ensures most people will never consider another device.
    So what your saying is that people get an iPhone hate it and only keep it because if marketing? That makes zero sense.

People keep it because:

The keyboard works for a large number of people extremely well. I can type more accurately on iOS that I can on any other device.

There is no better multimedia device on the market.

It is very competent as a business phone. Business professionals use them around the world.

Apple's customer service is second to none.

A wide variety of extremely useful apps.

The absolute best device to use as a workout companion.

One of the best camera' s and video camera's on the market.

No worrying about memory usage or using a task manager to close files.

The largest selection of media anywhere.

I have both a BB Z30, Z10 and I also have an iPhone 5S. There is nothing that the BB can do that the iPhone can't do, whether you want to accept that or not. Do they do it in different ways, yes, but the exact same thing can be accomplished.

And yes, there are things that it can do that no other device can do (cross platform messaging, wireless iCloud backup, iTunes Match, photos taken from the phone instantly and wirelessly transferred to all devices, to name a few).

The above are just a few reasons why people keep it. Is it perfect no, but no device is and as much as we'd ll like to believe that people won't switch because they are stupid, that is just not reality.
    03-29-14 03:17 PM
    About No. 15, who the hell charges their phone at a bar?!?!

You're more likely to have it stolen at a bar.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.2141 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.1
    Q10Bold likes this.
    03-29-14 03:26 PM
    The above are just a few reasons why people keep it. Is it perfect no, but no device is and as much as we'd ll like to believe that people won't switch because they are stupid, that is just not reality.
    Lol..

What makes the iPhone a better workout companion?

Can your iPhone connect to a TV without spending $200 on Apple TV?

Can you use NFC for quick connections?

Can you run multiple apps actively and simultaneously?

BlackBerrys can't cross-platform message?

IPhones only play nice with iPhones. And the navigation and message handling on iOS is awful.
    There is literally NOTHING better about the iPhone. Customer service and ecosystem are a different story.
    03-29-14 03:35 PM

Hahaha well, assuming you're at the bar for more than three hours, you HAVE to charge your iPhone. How else are you going to prove to the ladies that you're cool?
    03-29-14 03:37 PM
    Lol..

IPhones only play nice with iPhones. And the navigation and message handling on iOS is awful.
    There is literally NOTHING better about the iPhone. Customer service and ecosystem are a different story.
    An Apple TV is $99

What makes the iPhone a better workout companion is that is has the best music player and widest selection of fitness apps and fitness peripherals that work with it.

I don't use NFC, but I could use airdrop if I wanted but I'm not constantly connecting to other peoples phones.

Yes you can run multiple apps simultaneously and actively

Cross device messaging not cross platform.

Again, I didn't say the iPhone was better. I listed reasons why people stay with it and that people actually love them.
    03-29-14 03:40 PM

A phone can't make you look like a moron.
    AFaquir likes this.
    03-29-14 03:48 PM
    Does charging in airplane mode work faster for all phones?

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 03:51 PM
    An Apple TV is $99

What makes the iPhone a better workout companion is that is has the best music player and widest selection of fitness apps and fitness peripherals that work with it.

I don't use NFC, but I could use airdrop if I wanted but I'm not constantly connecting to other peoples phones.

Yes you can run multiple apps simultaneously and actively

Cross device messaging not cross platform.

Again, I didn't say the iPhone was better. I listed reasons why people stay with it and that people actually love them.
    Miracast is free, so is wireless HDMI and the HDMI port.

You can use AirDrop to connect to other iPhones, not other phones.

You said cross-platform in your original post. I'm not sure what you mean by cross-device?

Apps is an endless debate, as you only need one app for working out, and there are sufficient ones in BlackBerry World, not to mention Android. As for music player; iTunes beats BlackBerry native music app, but Neutron blows them both out of the water.

But I must apologize for being arrogant, we just hear so much bashing from iPhone users about things that are completely unfounded. While I can understand that some people may prefer iOS (I have an iPad 3), some/most iOS users choose iPhones because that is what is "cool" and understood to be the best. They then assume that their iPhone is the only device that can do basic (nowadays) functions, which Android, Windows and now even BlackBerry can do (arguably better).
    03-29-14 03:54 PM
    Miracast is free, so is wireless HDMI and the HDMI port.

You can use AirDrop to connect to other iPhones, not other phones.

Apps is an endless debate, as you only need one app for working out, and there are sufficient ones in BlackBerry World, not to mention Android. As for music player; iTunes beats BlackBerry native music app, but Neutron blows them both out of the water.

But I must apologize for being arrogant, we just hear so much bashing from iPhone users about things that are completely unfounded. While I can understand that some people may prefer iOS (I have an iPad 3), some/most iOS users choose iPhones because that is what is "cool" and understood to be the best. They then assume that their iPhone is the only device that can do basic (nowadays) functions, which Android, Windows and now even BlackBerry can do (arguably better).
    No I like these debates, no hard feelings. But miracast isn't free unless your tv has it built in. Wireless hdmi? Not familiar with it.

And it goes both ways. There are more people in here than not that think that BB is the only phone that can do this or that and that simply isn't true.
    03-29-14 03:56 PM
    No I like these debates, no hard feelings. But miracast isn't free unless your tv has it built in. Wireless hdmi? Not familiar with it.

And it goes both ways. There are more people in here than not that think that BB is the only phone that can do this or that and that simply isn't true.
    The point is that Apple only enables their own devices to work seamlessly. Miracast is available to all other devices, and not just smartphones, as is HDMI.
    And then you end up with Apple fans saying "it just works" and that all other devices are glitchy. Well it should work, they designed it. But does it work with anything that they didn't design?

I disagree with your last point. I think most in here understand that BlackBerry made many, many strategic errors over the past few years and are now playing catch-up. But they have done a great job of it and even managed to come up with some great new ideas. Apple fans won't hear it.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    03-29-14 04:08 PM
    Does charging in airplane mode work faster for all phones?

Posted via CB10
    It does for BB10. I'm not sure about any other phones.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 04:09 PM

I have seen iPhones being charged in public restrooms. So why not bars. Lol.

Loving my Zed 10!!
    Q10Bold likes this.
    03-29-14 04:10 PM
    Is it true that in airplane mode we can charge the phone twice as fast? Whats the difference between airplane mode and bedside mode in BB 10?
    03-29-14 04:15 PM
    Lol..

I used to have all Apple products. And Apple does only play nice with Apple. I have an external hard drive that is not compatible with my Windows laptop. I will have to buy a software to convert the files. We have an Apple router that does not connect with our Asus router and will not work as an extender. And my son's iPod nano was disabled when connected to a Windows laptop. Dead because it was configured on our Mac laptop first. We now have devices that will communicate to each other without having extra hurdles to jump.

Loving my Zed 10!!
    Nathan2K likes this.
    03-29-14 04:15 PM
    Is it true that in airplane mode we can charge the phone twice as fast? Whats the difference between airplane mode and bedside mode in BB 10?
    Airplane mode turns off all radios.
    Bedside mode runs minimal system processes to save battery, and has options to change your notification settings. Hopefully we will see more features added to bedside mode in the future.
    03-29-14 04:22 PM
49 12