Does cover any accidental damage? Thanks.
    11-19-09 02:01 PM
    No, just extends the current manufacturers one year warranty to two.
    11-19-09 03:07 PM
    As much as I like the iPhone, there are only two things that prevent me from getting one.

• It's locked to AT&T, and I don't really care for them as I prefer T-mobile and Verizon.
    • AT&T/Apple don't offer insurance for lost/stolen iPhones (forget about 3rd party insurance)

If the iPhone was available on T-mobile or Verizon and there were insurance plans for it then I would get. Until then, I'll stick with my trusty Blackberry.
    The iPhone is unlockable.
    You get 1 point for the insurance.
    11-19-09 06:03 PM
    As much as I like the iPhone, there are only two things that prevent me from getting one.

• It's locked to AT&T, and I don't really care for them as I prefer T-mobile and Verizon.
    • AT&T/Apple don't offer insurance for lost/stolen iPhones (forget about 3rd party insurance)

If the iPhone was available on T-mobile or Verizon and there were insurance plans for it then I would get. Until then, I'll stick with my trusty Blackberry.
    I second that motion
    11-19-09 08:23 PM
    I know the apple store mentioned you can buy the applecare after you buy the phone as long as its before that 1 year manufacturers warranty is up. Would you just go back to the apple store to buy it when you want to?
    12-05-09 03:40 PM
    I know the apple store mentioned you can buy the applecare after you buy the phone as long as its before that 1 year manufacturers warranty is up. Would you just go back to the apple store to buy it when you want to?
    I am not sure, but I think you need to purchase the Apple Care within 30 days of the purchase of the phone.

In my opinion, Apple Care is a waste of money.
    12-05-09 06:52 PM
    i think its nice that its included for a year (covers the usb cable which have tendencies to fall apart) or any problems really. Theyre really good with CS from my experiences and if something happens. The plastic coating on my usb separated at the plug exposing the wire and they replaced it free overnight shipping both ways all free. Never had to take it into an Apple store but i hear theyre usually good too about fixing or swapping the phone if theres any issue.

But I agree I wouldnt buy another year, Id get squaretrade insurance, not that I ever make it a year without a new phone.
    12-05-09 07:06 PM
    I am not sure, but I think you need to purchase the Apple Care within 30 days of the purchase of the phone.

In my opinion, Apple Care is a waste of money.
    As long as you buy the apple care within the 1 year warranty you're set. I still haven't bought mine for the 3GS like I did on my 3G. i haven't felt the reason to do so...
    12-05-09 09:13 PM
    It just extends the warranty you already have. It's not any extra protection really.
    12-05-09 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD