Color schemes like the iPods with red and yellow etc? Also any sort of guesses on specs? I thought it might be fun to just toss ideas and expections around. Two things I see apple working on is push email with more carriers and dabbling with multitasking. Comments?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-09 10:59 PM
    Oh no @ different colors. Lets keep it professional with black and white. I just want everything to be even faster...the 3GS is insanely fast...give me fasterrrr. lol.
    07-09-09 11:10 PM
    I'm thinking there might be a case redesign. Not sure yet, I'm looking forward to being surprised, lol
    07-09-09 11:16 PM
    Really? cause I'd kill for a red iPhone lol. I wouldve thought that'd be a big seller.

07-09-09 11:19 PM
    Probably a new casing. Better battery life (a must). Better camera (maybe xenon flash, if not, I don't want it). Background processes for 3rd party apps.
    07-10-09 01:51 AM
    hopefully available on other carriers besides at&t
    07-10-09 07:56 AM
    They will have a better processor (faster and more power-efficient) that can do some limited multitasking and probably a flash on the camera. That's about it I would guess. I would like to see some new colors but I don't think that is in the cards for the iPhone or the iPod Touch. I could see them instituting a new silver/grey iPhone (like the iPhone 2G).

I don't expect iPhone to be off ATT until 2012.
    07-10-09 09:19 AM
    iChat and front facing camera... Oh wait thats right... AT&T would be destroyed, so nevermind.

Probably backgrounding. I think the 3GS is showing that the thing is more than capable of backgrounding apps. But that's not enough to launch a new model, nor is an even faster phone (3GS...S????), so they'll have to come up with something. Probably a form factor change for sure though.
    07-10-09 09:22 AM
    iChat and front facing camera... Oh wait thats right... AT&T would be destroyed, so nevermind.

Probably backgrounding. I think the 3GS is showing that the thing is more than capable of backgrounding apps. But that's not enough to launch a new model, nor is an even faster phone (3GS...S????), so they'll have to come up with something. Probably a form factor change for sure though.
    If you slimmed down the firmware you could release a multitask option in the form of an OS upgrade without releasing a new phone.

I'm not sure about the form factor change -- there comes a point in phone design where the phone becomes too small and/or too thin to be comfortably held in the hand. I could see an aluminum iPhone resembling the new Macbooks though.
    07-10-09 02:09 PM
    apart from o/s updates and one or two fine tuning I don't see to much happening

some limited colours etc..no u2 one tho like the ipod as u2 have supported bb

only thing left I can see is an iphone nano..smaller, less weighty etc..I can't see a flip iphone though
    07-10-09 02:14 PM
    How about implementing everything people jailbreak their Iphones for. That way you won't have to jailbreak your device Also I can't see why they don't have an iChat installed with the device. A flash for the camera is a must.
    07-10-09 02:56 PM
    How about implementing everything people jailbreak their Iphones for. That way you won't have to jailbreak your device Also I can't see why they don't have an iChat installed with the device. A flash for the camera is a must.
    There is no iChat because there is no front-facing camera. Also I doubt ATT would support iChat unless it was over wifi.
    07-10-09 04:17 PM
    Probably a new casing. Better battery life (a must). Better camera (maybe xenon flash, if not, I don't want it). Background processes for 3rd party apps.
    The current 3GS is more than capable of doing mult-tasking.. I really do hope that Apple is seriously contemplating/attempting to do it internally...
    07-10-09 05:56 PM
    There is no iChat because there is no front-facing camera. Also I doubt ATT would support iChat unless it was over wifi.
    Yea I can see iChat only being able to be used over WiFi, but I would love iChat to just be the native messaging client like it is on a Mac. There would be no need for third-party IM applications, unless they offered some other feature or you liked the UI of it better.
    07-10-09 06:03 PM
    The current 3GS is more than capable of doing mult-tasking.. I really do hope that Apple is seriously contemplating/attempting to do it internally...
    See I would just love for them to make an option available for you to turn it on just like push notifications. If it's killing your battery, keep it off, if not just enjoy it.
    07-10-09 06:06 PM
    I think that there will be major leaps forward in processing power. Apple has been making some stratigic moves over the past couple of years that would indicate bringing more hardware manufacturing in-house and proprietary. They know what the iPhone OS is capable of (which is WAY more than what the current devices can handle) and the long term roadmap of where they are going with this device.

Don't worry about multi-tasking. They will do it, and it will be done right! Much like copy and paste. Just have faith Steve's liver continues to function for many years to come.

Personally, I hope they can figure a way of making the antennas work with am iPhone built like the Macbooks out of a solid piece of aluminum. I saw a Photochopped version of one over on MacRumors.com some time ago, and it looked pretty awesome IMHO.
    Last edited by Oilbrnr; 07-10-09 at 06:42 PM.
    07-10-09 06:38 PM
    All I want is Apple style Multi-tasking, an Apple style LED, maybe bring a front facing camera to the device along with iChat support.. iChat could be iPhones version of BBM..

And obviously better battery life.. but that wont happen unless new technology is invented.

Oh, and for shats and giggles, Apple needs to buy ngmoco: ) and integrate Plus+ into the OS with more of a console style feeling, then integrate a messanger client into it. HOLY.. I would pay $1000 dollars for something like this. All day long.
    Last edited by sniffs; 07-10-09 at 07:33 PM.
    07-10-09 07:30 PM
    If you guys are really interested in where the iPhone is going, visit MacRumors.com if you don't already.

Here are some recent patents by Apple:
    Haptic Feedback, Fingerprint Identification, and RFID Tag Readers in Future iPhones? - Mac Rumors

RFID is interesting.

Face recognition:
    New Apple iPhone Patent Applications Surface: Object and Facial Recognition, Messaging, Voice Modulation - Mac Rumors

Wonder if RIM is working on anything like this?

NOT!
    07-10-09 07:48 PM
    Flash for safari, more storage space, faster processor, maybe a case redesign.

07-11-09 06:00 AM
    Color schemes like the iPods with red and yellow etc? Also any sort of guesses on specs? I thought it might be fun to just toss ideas and expections around. Two things I see apple working on is push email with more carriers and dabbling with multitasking. Comments?

I believe the next major release of iPhone will be the iPhone 4G, running on Verizon Wireless LTE network.
    07-11-09 06:44 AM
    I think the 4G will be a major revamp, I hope that Apple will offer a new iPhone with:

• 4 inch OLED screen
    • at least 512MB of RAM
    • 5MP Camera with a much bigger lens and xenon flash
    • 80 GB hard drive (120 would be better then I could retire my iPod Classic)
    I left out multitasking, the ability to download files in safari and the ability to download email attachments because I think we will see all these in a software update before the 4G gets here, none of them require hardware changes.
    07-11-09 12:55 PM
    I think they nailed the screen size and the accuracy of the touch screen so that may not change for a while, but OLED is a possibility.
    07-11-09 01:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD