I'm gonna be a new customer to at&t, should i go with the 3g or 3gs?
    07-14-09 02:09 AM
    Why wouldn't you get the new 3gs, it has more capabilities.
    07-14-09 02:11 AM
    If you've never had or used an iPhone before, the 3G will be just fine, but the 3GS is truly amazing, IMO.
    07-14-09 02:12 AM
    yeah, but people are saying some of them are over heating and battery life problems.
    07-14-09 02:13 AM
    Thats why it comes with a warranty....
    07-14-09 02:13 AM
    thanks, also, do you guys know about at&t maybe putting more towers up in west virginia?
    07-14-09 02:17 AM
    Go 3GS!!!!!
    07-14-09 02:23 AM
    I have a friend who has a 3GS and a 3G and he says it is not worth the extra money, nor the extra time to get it. He got a 3G and a week later (may be less than that) Apple announced the 3GS. So he went back and got the 3GS. He said he didn't think it was worth the extra money. Now you can get a referb 3g for $79. You can't beat that with a stick. First iPhone then a 3G would be just fine for you. Then you will have to jailbreak it to get neat features, other than those that Mr Jobs decides you can have. Or get a BB Bold and be better off ;0)
    07-14-09 08:11 AM
    Honesty I'd get the 3GS so your not stuck with an already one year old phone.
    07-14-09 10:21 AM
    Definitely go with the 3GS. If you are worried about any of the "problems" it's having, you can just take it to the Apple Store if anything happens.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 10:26 AM
    Since the best discount requires a two year contract, I would get the 3GS. You know Apple will release something new next year which will make the 3G two generations old.
    07-14-09 11:06 AM
    I have a friend who has a 3GS and a 3G and he says it is not worth the extra money, nor the extra time to get it. He got a 3G and a week later (may be less than that) Apple announced the 3GS. So he went back and got the 3GS. He said he didn't think it was worth the extra money. Now you can get a referb 3g for $79. You can't beat that with a stick. First iPhone then a 3G would be just fine for you. Then you will have to jailbreak it to get neat features, other than those that Mr Jobs decides you can have. Or get a BB Bold and be better off ;0)
    .....Why??? I mean yeah you are in titled to your own opinion but every time the 3G/3GS is talked about people say it's not worth it. I know people wanted more changes to be made and some people don't need/want the faster processor/RAM but there is a HUGE difference. If you have the Money 3GS I am a first time iPhone user, and I knew right away the 3GS was what I wanted. As for the over heating. Don't worry, its very few, and far between.
    07-14-09 11:53 AM
    .....Why??? I mean yeah you are in titled to your own opinion but every time the 3G/3GS is talked about people say it's not worth it. I know people wanted more changes to be made and some people don't need/want the faster processor/RAM but there is a HUGE difference. If you have the Money 3GS I am a first time iPhone user, and I knew right away the 3GS was what I wanted. As for the over heating. Don't worry, its very few, and far between.
    Agreed. There is a very big difference between the two devices. If you don't need the speed then just go for the 3G, but the 3GS is DEFINITELY worth it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 12:04 PM
    what ever you do make sure you get the 16g

and I got the 3g...two weeks ago
    07-14-09 03:52 PM
    i would go with the regular 3g its just 100 bucks and with the software update the phone is very nice the 3g camera isnt as good but everyone has a digital camera now anyways voice command isnt worth 100 more dollars to me the 3g is a great phone ive had for a while now and i still play with my phone everyday i would strongly advise jailbreaking the phone it makes the possibilites on the phone pretty much endless
    07-14-09 04:40 PM
    100 dollars more for 32gbs had me sold.

Plus all the other goodies?

Heck, $699 here I come!
    07-14-09 04:48 PM
    The oleophobic screen is simply amazing.. the fact that the touchscreen on the iPhone is the most accurate I've ever seen.. (I've used 3-4 Storms are all were "off" when clicking links.. I mean you'd press exactly on the link and you wouldnt even hit it.. you'd have to hit above the link)

2x the ram, 2-4x the performance.. it's a no brainer. Get the 3GS..

I was sceptical about the oleophobic screen until I used it.. imagine your screen, dirty, then one or two swipes on your pants, shirt and it's instantly clean. It's amazing.
    07-14-09 05:32 PM
    Plus when you finally sell it to get the next hot phone, you'll get far more on ebay or craigslist for a 2 year old 3GS than a 2 year old 3G.
    07-14-09 10:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD