Gettin my iphone in 1 month, and I need to know which case will keep it safe and isn't bulky!! Can any apple fans give me any ideas? Thanks bunches

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-11 08:52 PM
    i LOVE speck cases! I have one on right now. If you order from the site, MAKE SURE you get the one that fits the verizon iphone.

the silent/vibrate key is about .5 cm lower than the ATT version so some cases don't fit the verizon model.

but yeah...speck is my recommendation.

Speck | iPhone Cases | iPad Cases | MacBook Cases |iPod Cases | Droid Cases | iPhone Case
    06-18-11 10:40 PM
    Otterbox Commuter. A step below the Defender and provides great protection.

06-19-11 01:03 AM
    Otterbox defender
    06-19-11 11:04 AM
    I run with only a bumper. I am looking at the Speck Candyshell cases though...
    06-19-11 02:44 PM
    I agree, have the speck dark tartan plaid all week. Otterbox defender(purple & white) is my weekend warrior.

06-19-11 04:25 PM
    06-19-11 07:08 PM
    vapor4 element case. looks good and its metal with rubber bumpers on the inside so if you drop your phone you,re protected
    06-20-11 11:17 AM
    I use this one w/ protective screen....Not bulky at all, has kick stand and can opt to use holster.
    IPhone 4 Power And Protection Package | Verizon Wireless
    Last edited by zwoof; 06-20-11 at 11:40 AM.
    06-20-11 11:38 AM
    I will say this again.

Whatever case you decide remember this not all iPhone 4 Cases are universal. If you are getting a VZW iPhone make sure your case works with the VZW model. Or the white iPhone. Got an Otterbox for the wife and the proximity sensor seemed like it wasn't working. Put my phone in the Otterbox and worked fine. Come to find out the little clear plastic on the inside of the Otterbox was making her proximity sensor go bezerk. Removed and all is well.

Case in point Vapor case does not work with VZW iPhone.
    06-20-11 01:38 PM
    vapor4 element case. looks good and its metal with rubber bumpers on the inside so if you drop your phone you,re protected
    Too bad it won't work with VZW phones. I like the look of those.
    06-20-11 01:39 PM
    actually i think they should work with VZW phones. the only difference is the simcard cutout on the case right?. VZW doesnt have simcard but the phone itself is still identical right? could someone confirm this?
    06-20-11 01:46 PM
    actually i think they should work with VZW phones. the only difference is the simcard cutout on the case right?. VZW doesnt have simcard but the phone itself is still identical right? could someone confirm this?
    Not exactly. The antenna on the CDMA phone is layed out differently and as a result, the volume controls on the CDMA phone are slightly positioned differently than the on GSM phone. Not much difference but enough to make GSM phone cases not have the holes line up properly.

The phone case I posted comes from verizon which is designed for the iphone. The OP has in profile that their carrier is Verizon.
    Last edited by zwoof; 06-20-11 at 03:24 PM.
    06-20-11 03:21 PM
    Not exactly. The antenna on the CDMA phone is layed out differently and as a result, the volume controls on the CDMA phone are slightly positioned differently than the on GSM phone. Not much difference but enough to make GSM phone cases not have the holes line up properly.

The phone case I posted comes from verizon which is designed for the iphone. The OP has in profile that their carrier is Verizon.

Correct the VZW phone is different.
    06-20-11 05:03 PM

i see, thanks.
    06-20-11 09:46 PM
    That's the one thing that sucks about finding a case for the white one. It's so beautiful I don't want to cover it, but I am concerned since it's thicker than the black model that any slide on case will crack the glass because of the size difference. I am really happy with the white Apple bumper though.
    06-20-11 10:22 PM
    Thanks so much for all the info! Imma look into all of these! I had read vzw iphone is lil different, so glad that's been confirmed! O btw I guess ill have to change my crackberry screen name lol since I'm done w this "whackberry" in one month!! Yay me thanks again everyone!!

06-21-11 10:15 AM
    I also like the Speck candyshell cases. I just ordered the moonsicle one for my Verizon iPhone. I wish they had more colors to fit this iPhone.
    06-21-11 04:32 PM
    Apple OEM Bumpers. really no bulk as it covers edges and doesnt hide the beauty of the phone
    06-22-11 04:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD