1. writing-my-dissertation-on-BBs's Avatar
    hey its time to upgrade fr me, so i was just wondering what good points the iphone has over the blackberry???
    I like to consider my ptions but can't really see myself giving up my blackberry addiction!
    12-30-09 08:08 AM
    there isnt one that i can think of
    12-30-09 08:26 AM
    bigger screen
    better, more enjoyable video playback
    worlds better web browser
    video camera is good quality
    app store is pure magic

i could go on...
    12-30-09 10:13 AM
    one of the best web browsers i have used. besides skyfire and i kno blackberry doesnt have that. way more apps then bb. storm user switched to iphone. lol
    12-30-09 10:23 AM
    For one, you get better multimedia capabilities. A lot better. The BlackBerry does a serviceable job as a media player but it doesn't even compare to the iPhone. You get a nicer OS visually. Also, the web browser is leaps and bounds better.
    12-30-09 10:24 AM
    'Browser' and mmmmmmmmmmmmm...............'Browser' !
    12-30-09 10:25 AM
    Coming off of a Storm and a Storm 2 I have to say the Browser is amazing! I do miss BBM but not enough to go back. I have added a app called ping which is apples version of bbm. I now just have to get more friends to switch over to the iPhone.
    12-30-09 11:22 AM
    - Faster boot time
    - Better browser
    - Better HTML email
    - App store
    - Youtube
    - Better multimedia apps
    - Compass (navigation)
    - Apps are better on the iPhone
    01-03-10 12:23 AM
    I used a berry for quite a while and while I miss the way that the berry handles email overall that is the only thing that I have found that it does better then my 3gs. Everything else is is much better on the iphone, one of the big things I like better on the iphone is the way that apps integrate with the device. I think the iphone also makes much better use of the gps and location based services then any berry that I have used does.
    01-03-10 12:33 AM
    In case no one has said this, I think the browser
    01-03-10 09:13 AM
    how about keeping both? would anybody recommend this?
    01-03-10 08:27 PM
    how about keeping both? would anybody recommend this?
    Yup. If you can have both a Bold 9700 and and iPhone 3GS and just sim swap (using the BB plan/iPhone plan hack) that would be the best of both worlds.
    01-03-10 09:02 PM
    I'm thinking of the same thing, I was thinking of getting an iPhone later this year as an upgrade. I currently have a Storm 2 and was wondering if it's worth switching to iPhone or just buying an iTouch (not sure if I want 8, 16 or 32 GB).
    01-03-10 09:28 PM
    I'm thinking of the same thing, I was thinking of getting an iPhone later this year as an upgrade. I currently have a Storm 2 and was wondering if it's worth switching to iPhone or just buying an iTouch (not sure if I want 8, 16 or 32 GB).
    The iTouch is the gateway to the iPhone lol. I just switched from a blackberry to an iPhone. And I owned a iTouch for a year.
    01-03-10 10:47 PM
    I've always been a BB fan. Had every single model of BB's (not kidding) since the 8700 model. I had switched to the 3G iphone a while back but still switched back to a BB because of issues with email.

I recently got a 3GS iphone and here is what I think so far:

Pros

- Google Sync: Iphone can save unlimited dates in the calender vs BB it only syncs up to 24 weeks in advanced.
    - Gmail has push email finally using the Microsoft exchange server
    - SMS Chat Bubble
    - Watching videos and Playing music
    - Way more cooler apps
    - Bigger Screen
    - Browsing internet is awesome
    - Typing doesn't make noises as BB has keypads

Cons

- No BBM (Iphone has WhatsApp and PING)
    - Only one instant push mail account service, others you have to set 15min, or more
    - Battery Life is okay but I think still not better then on a BB prob cause of the screen size but also depends on your usage.
    - Can't muti task. Can only use one application at a time which sucks

So far I'm pretty impressed with the 3GS and probably give it a chance. As for emails not to impressed but I just forward everything to my gmail account since it's push email. Other then that slight problem, I can say I'm pretty happy with the switch.
    Last edited by aznxtamboy; 01-04-10 at 11:08 AM.
    01-04-10 10:57 AM
    One of the things I'm going to miss the most about my BlackBerry Storm 2 (9550) is the BBM. I absolutely loved the device and I finally felt like RIM corrected everything they needed to do with the 9530, but as with everything I wanted to see what all the fuss was about in regards to the iPhone so I have an 16GB iPhone 3GS that I'm fairly impressed with so far.
    01-04-10 01:39 PM
    The iTouch is the gateway to the iPhone lol. I just switched from a blackberry to an iPhone. And I owned a iTouch for a year.
    Do you think it's worth getting one? I'm still deciding whether it's worth the money since I have a Storm 2 (it's battery life isn't great when you're using multiple apps, especially with WiFi). I made a thread and about 80% of the posts said it's worth it even with a Storm 2 so I thought 'great' and reserved a 32GB one in store. Then just before I was about to pay for it, about 3 or 4 people were telling me not to get it.

One of the things I'm going to miss the most about my BlackBerry Storm 2 (9550) is the BBM. I absolutely loved the device and I finally felt like RIM corrected everything they needed to do with the 9530, but as with everything I wanted to see what all the fuss was about in regards to the iPhone so I have an 16GB iPhone 3GS that I'm fairly impressed with so far.
    Me too, I love BBM. I use it for hours and hours a day talking to someone.
    01-04-10 03:55 PM
    Do you think it's worth getting one? I'm still deciding whether it's worth the money since I have a Storm 2 (it's battery life isn't great when you're using multiple apps, especially with WiFi). I made a thread and about 80% of the posts said it's worth it even with a Storm 2 so I thought 'great' and reserved a 32GB one in store. Then just before I was about to pay for it, about 3 or 4 people were telling me not to get it.

Me too, I love BBM. I use it for hours and hours a day talking to someone.
    Just my opinion but there is not a better smart phone on the market the the iphone 3gs. I could be wrong but I think it is the best selling smart phone in the world. Also if you use a mac there is just nothing better then being able to get to your idisk from your phone.
    01-04-10 04:01 PM
    Just my opinion but there is not a better smart phone on the market the the iphone 3gs. I could be wrong but I think it is the best selling smart phone in the world. Also if you use a mac there is just nothing better then being able to get to your idisk from your phone.
    If that's the case, then I guess I won't get an iTouch, and will wait for my upgrade and switch to iPhone later on in the year.
    01-04-10 07:11 PM
    I have to agree totally!!!!!

01-10-10 01:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD