Well I did it guys. I am now the happy owner of an Iphone4.

I went down to Apple today and picked up my 16 Gig. My ottorbox is on its way already as carrying this thing I feel like Im going to break it LOL.

Sweet little phone. Not to slam on BlackBErry as I have loved them for years but just got tired of the limit.
    08-25-10 02:19 PM
    Welcome to the world of iPhone! its so peaceful and serene over here :-) i'm a week in myself, still a noob but have to admit i am SO loving not having that flashing red light anymore (i came from a bb 9700) :-)
    08-25-10 02:27 PM
    Welcome!!! BTW, it's not as fragile as you may think, I already dropped it onto a cement floor, and got a couple of minor scratches on the metal, but nothing more than that. A case is a good idea though, it is a little more slippery than previous models.
    08-25-10 02:53 PM
    Thanks guys. And the flashy light didn't bother me but I agree so many more things already. Im just happy I can take the phone away from my ear and look at the screen or wait the phone sees that I took it away from my face so it can tell me the call time etc.. ARGH.. Sorry BlackBerry not to diss you or anything
    08-25-10 02:56 PM
    Welcome. It's a great device. Do the jailbreak. It's worth it.
    08-25-10 03:16 PM
    Welcome. Came from a 9700, 5 yrs with RIM, not bashing BlackBerries, but this i4 is THE finest device Ive owned-enjoy!!!
    08-25-10 04:17 PM
    Welcome. I love my iPhone 4.
    08-25-10 04:24 PM
    Congratz! Enjoy. What Otterbox case did you order? BestBuy has the Defender series in the store.

The Defender adds too much bulk to the iPhone 4, and takes away from the fine engineering and beauty of the device. Great case! I use the Seidio Innocase II with Belt Cilp.

Yes, the iPhone 4 is an amazing device. Don't miss the BB.
    08-25-10 04:41 PM
    Congratz! Enjoy. What Otterbox case did you order? BestBuy has the Defender series in the store.

The Defender adds too much bulk to the iPhone 4, and takes away from the fine engineering and beauty of the device. Great case! I use the Seidio Innocase II with Belt Cilp.

Yes, the iPhone 4 is an amazing device. Don't miss the BB.
    Sadly I did order the Defender case. Not because I need brute force protection but because I wanted the belt clip. I know one of the Seidio's has a belt clip also. I just wanted the phone to be protected. I agree it's a very nice phone. Its much smaller than the 3GS but at the same time I can't complain.

A couple of things I've noticed. Videos?? OMG.. Night and day difference before BB's video's were all pixelated and such.. THis one.. Instant clarity it's crazy.

Second thing. This Face talk app.. WOAH! Im floored!
    08-26-10 05:48 AM
    Welcome. It's a great device. Do the jailbreak. It's worth it.
    This is going to sound dumb but how do I do the Jailbreak and what does it limit me too? I know what the term jail break means but don't know more than that..
    08-26-10 06:24 AM
    Welcome!

Don't forget to order your free case. If you don't want it, I will inbox you my address. I'd like the black bumper please and thank you

Apple - iPhone 4 - Case Program

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-10 09:20 AM
    If you are on 4.0.1 simply go to Index of / on your iPhone and let it do the rest. Opens up a whole nother world of apps and cool stuff you can do.
    08-26-10 09:27 AM
    This is going to sound dumb but how do I do the Jailbreak and what does it limit me too? I know what the term jail break means but don't know more than that..
    I 2nd that...
    08-27-10 08:04 AM

Jailbreaking let me add - date to homescreen, AT&T logo, 5th icon in bottom dock, battery percentage, and more.
    08-27-10 09:17 AM
    I saw on twitter that theres an app to let you Factime on 3G also, is that true?
    Is there a catch/downside to that?
    08-27-10 11:18 AM
    I believe that there is one in Cydia once you jailbreak. I don't really use Facetime so I cannot answer that.
    08-27-10 01:07 PM
    I visited a friend that has a 3GS and his phone is jailbroken, he called a friend to find out if you can jb a ip4 and was told no. Is this info correct?

08-28-10 07:08 AM
    I have an iPhone 4. If you are on 4.0.1 you can simply go to jailbreakmedotcom, insert . instead of dot, right from the phone, and follow the instructions.

It can be jailbroken.
    08-28-10 07:19 AM
    To clarify further what Heavy Fluid said, Im on 4.0.1 and jailbroke mine easily by going to the JBme site a few posts above. My buddy bought an i4 running 4.0.2 from the factory and cannot jailbreak his. Apple is installing some sort of block on its latest i4s to prevent jailbreaking.
    08-28-10 07:36 AM
    You have to revert back to 4.0.1 in order to jailbreak. 4.0.2 cannot be jailbroken as of now. There are instructions on how to do it online. You can try a site like Apple, iPhone & iPad News | ModMyi.com
    08-28-10 08:51 AM
    You have to revert back to 4.0.1 in order to jailbreak. 4.0.2 cannot be jailbroken as of now. There are instructions on how to do it online. You can try a site like Apple, iPhone & iPad News | ModMyi.com
    08-28-10 08:52 AM
    Thanks for the info.....I'm on 4.0.2 so I guess that means I have to downgrade first :-(

08-28-10 11:03 PM
    Not sure if it's still possible to downgrade to 4.0.1. Apple might have stopped signing 4.0.1 and if they still are, they might stop any moment.
    08-29-10 12:28 AM
    Congradulations on your purchase. I too just went to the apple store yesterday and picked up the iphone4, I was just going to get the 3GS but when I saw that the 4 was only $50 more I couldn't pass it up. I came from the 3G and this thing blows it out of the water in speed and performance.

08-29-10 09:41 AM
    sucks for people who purchased the iphone with 4.0.2 on it bc now you can't downgrade
    08-29-10 02:06 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD