Ok so I traded my over 1 yr old bold for a 1 month old iPhone 3gs 16gb straight accross..
    But theres a problem with it witch the guy thought was just a loose connection to the digitizer he liked BB's better so just wanted to trade it..

But the problem is after say 10 minutes of playin with the phone the screen stops responding so what I have to do to get it back working is to do a "hard shut down" or whatever to shut it off & leave it for a good hour or 2 before I can then turn it back on & it'll work fine for awhile then do the same thing...

Ive googled untill my eyes bled & cant find anyone else with this problem..Anyone have a clue..? I have already tore the glass/digitizer off & replaced it with a brand new one & it does the exact same thing so its not the digitizer..I have also restored the 3.1.2 OS back onto the phone but same thing still goes unresponsive...

Please Im a iphone n00b anyone have any clue's..I think I may have got jipped even tho I was "done" with the Bold
    Last edited by BlankBerry; 02-14-10 at 01:30 PM.
    02-14-10 01:28 PM
    02-14-10 02:58 PM
    your contacts on your #3 ribbon connector might be dirty. try dusting it.
    02-15-10 03:43 PM
    The 3gs should have still be under warranty...to late now since you took it apart. Maybe you can still take it to the apple store to be checked :\

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-10 04:00 PM
    3gs under warranty with rogers? i highly doubt that.
    02-15-10 04:20 PM
    some people at apple stores in nyc will refuse you if you have another carrier besides att.
    02-15-10 04:21 PM
    Anyone know where the touchscreen controller chip is on the 3gs logic board..? I can find pics of the 3g its right behind the simcard tray but Im unable to find pics of a 3gs..

Thanks..
    02-15-10 05:16 PM
    interesting, it shouldnt be refused though. Mine is under warranty with apple, Im tempted to send it in for batter replacement and Im unlocked
    02-15-10 05:19 PM
    u can go to apple.com & see if ur phone is still under warranty by putting in the serial # But if you make a appt with a "genius" in a apple store & ur phone is defective most of the time they will give u a "new" one right there..
    02-15-10 05:42 PM
    Anyone know where the touchscreen controller chip is on the 3gs logic board..? I can find pics of the 3g its right behind the simcard tray but Im unable to find pics of a 3gs..

Thanks..
    nevermind I found it
    Right after I got fed up & put the phone back together lol
    02-15-10 05:47 PM
    I don't see why they would refuse you... If the product is from apple. But then again I'm not on rogers... But straight up trade fom a bold to a 3gs would have raised a red flag for me... Anyway good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-10 05:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD