Has anyone found an app that is even close to BerryWeather? I downloaded Accuweather and it is decent. Just wondered what everyone else had success with??
    09-16-10 08:12 PM
    I use Weatherbug. I like it because you can set up multiple locations and swipe back and forth. Also a quick tap brings up forecasts and more detailed info. There's a free version with ads and a $0.99 version without.
    09-16-10 08:23 PM
    Weatherbug Elite
    09-16-10 08:49 PM
    I guess that I should specify that I am looking for something with streaming radar.
    09-16-10 08:53 PM
    Waiting on someone to say 'BeWeather' is awesome too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-10 09:52 PM
    I use The Weather Channel Maxx. It is a paid app and has radar past and future.
    09-16-10 10:15 PM
    Weatherbug And Weatherbug Elite have streaming radar. Download and try out the free one.
    09-16-10 10:44 PM
    The Weather Channel Maxx(my preference) or Weatherbug Elite. Theyre both fairly cheap and get rid of the pesky ads in the free version, plus more features.

Theyre both much better than BB weather apps, as most iphone apps are.
    09-16-10 11:02 PM
    The Weather Channel Maxx(my preference) or Weatherbug Elite. Theyre both fairly cheap and get rid of the pesky ads in the free version, plus more features.

Theyre both much better than BB weather apps, as most iphone apps are.
    Sorry...I'm now an Iuser but there is no IPhone weather app that touches Berryweather...its one of the few things that's awesome and better on BB

09-17-10 09:17 PM
    WeatherBug Elite is a nice one for the iphone. I think you will like that one the best.
    09-18-10 12:50 AM
    Sorry...I'm now an Iuser but there is no IPhone weather app that touches Berryweather...its one of the few things that's awesome and better on BB

Thats a matter of opinion, but besides maybe customization (if you really care that much what color the background is and the chime sounds), Weather Channel Maxx and Weatherbug Elite offer a much more graphic robust weather app. Content is more important than fluff.
    09-18-10 12:57 AM
    Content is more important than fluff.
    I like BerryWeather because of the content.

A bonus is that I've set my background to be set based on my location using the internal GPS.
    As I drive the weather changes for the city/town I'm in. The background on my phone changes automatically with city and weather info. Not sure if the iPhones can do that, maybe the iP4.

The Android weather apps look really good as they have more options with wallpaper/homescreen than the iPhone.

All said I think Berryweather is a great program that at least equals most of the iPhone weather apps.
    09-18-10 05:40 AM
    Weather-eye from the weather network has been the best performer for me. I also have accuweather but i definately like weathereye the best. The user ratings are very Positive too.

09-18-10 06:43 AM
    Best part of berryweather...I rarely had to open the app to get the info I wanted, radar being the only exception...for now I have to jb and load a hack to get a decent looking weather widget on I4

09-18-10 07:11 AM
    Best part of berryweather...I rarely had to open the app to get the info I wanted, radar being the only exception...for now I have to jb and load a hack to get a decent looking weather widget on I4

The stock Apple weather Icon does almost as much displaying the temp (berryweather has the conditions- cloudy, sunny, etc.- but I find this pretty useless as it can be sunny 1 minute and cloudy 5 min later)

You still have to open either set of apps to get radar, forecast, chance of rain, etc. either way.

Again, its personal preference but I feel the iphone weather apps display a lot more types of content in the app. I dont need to change my background into 5 colors or change the in app display 20 different ways with 10 different alert tones. I want to click and get content fast; efficient.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 09-18-10 at 11:18 AM.
    09-18-10 11:01 AM

Totally agree with this.
    09-19-10 10:05 PM
    Weatherbug And Weatherbug Elite have streaming radar. Download and try out the free one.
    + 1 on the weatherbug.
    if you're on a budget, get the free version.

for most of us.. i think this is more than ok..

but if you are ... let say a meteorologist, a weather gurl, or simply someone who chases tornadoes and hurricanes..
    you might wanna invest on your own Doppler radar.
    09-19-10 10:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD