Multiple reasons is my guess. A. They don't have the phone YET. Might as well maximize commercial time to promote the devices you DO have. B. There is no assurance that VZW is actually getting the phone (I believe they will, but thus far, there's no guarantee). C. Commercials like this might at least, bring people in to see what they have to offer and that is their best opportunity to sell the customer on something else.

I'm really questioning this news of a Verizon iphone as I just heard a NEW commercial from Verizon taking shots at the "other smartphone" and it's lack of multitasking.

Why does Verizon continue to take shots at the iphone? If allegedly Verizon knows there getting a iphone I can't see why the would mention the 'other smartphone' on there commercials.
    04-01-10 03:58 PM
    Notice the spelling. He has all those %$#$#@! words spelled ^%$#*!@ spelled perfectly!

Damn...you won the creative posting contest, man. Really, quite impressive. This is what I miss out on for daring to have to work for a living...

So, you don't like the Storm (fairly certain on that) and you might not go to Verizon if there is no Android world phone. May I ask what would be your choice?
    04-01-10 03:59 PM
    this iphone bs is stupid its not making no sense at all they software so superior they can only do one thing at a time i dont see nobody droppin a bb bcuz a iphone is well a rumor that the wanna be phone of all phones is droppin to verizon i think the person who started this post must be desperate to get a sucker phone beta yet do me a favor go get a iphone sell your bb to verizon and dont pick a bb up again
    04-01-10 04:09 PM
    The reason VZW is still doing anti-iPhone ads is actually simple. They are not getting the iPhone.

The reason RIM does not seem overly worried about the iPhone is likewise simple. Apple is a laughingstock in the corporate arena that is RIMs primary playground. You simply do not find Apple in the enterprise arena, especially in security conscious IT environments.
    04-01-10 04:21 PM
    no iphone for CDMA - yet -- dont think it's the right time.
    04-01-10 04:25 PM
    ATT will fight like **** to keep it as long as they can, probably throw massave amounts of money too. Why?

look at many of the ATT commcials that focus on the apps availble and such. Once VXZ gets the iphone, all that goes away and ATT has 1 less thing they can hold onto. They know they will lose customers left and right too. Once LTE starts to hit the VZW markets this year, VZW will have the talk and browse the web at the same time added to their arsenal.
    04-01-10 04:39 PM
    All true and in the end, it's the consumer that is the winner. As I keep posting over and over and over (did I say "over?") again, competition is a great thing and while some may bemoan if RIM drops to 2nd place in some category, that only drives them to try harder. Some seem so paranoid about this, as though it was some life and death matter. I'm interested/curious about it all, but after I read about it, it's back to my coffee .

ATT will fight like **** to keep it as long as they can, probably throw massave amounts of money too. Why?

look at many of the ATT commcials that focus on the apps availble and such. Once VXZ gets the iphone, all that goes away and ATT has 1 less thing they can hold onto. They know they will lose customers left and right too. Once LTE starts to hit the VZW markets this year, VZW will have the talk and browse the web at the same time added to their arsenal.
    04-01-10 04:45 PM
    Coffee? Nah - try reading certain posts after about three dirty martinis. Then it gets really fun!!!

Seriously, though....I'm not saying RIM will live forever. If it's one thing we've learned recently is the failure of the "too big to fail" mentality. But until the day that they don't recover after minor 1% blips, they are financially stable. And they entered the consumer market really as an afterthought. The other platforms most often mentioned here were always consumer first.
    It's like blaming a Hummer for not acting like an Explorer. The Hummer wasn't designed for the soccer mom - likewise the BB wasn't designed with the teens and tweens in mind. It's been reaching to them lately....let's see what the future brings.
    As far as I'm concerned, they've got me for the duration....or at least the next four or five. A companion 4G? Quite likely. A "jump" to a 4G? Not bloody likely. Not in its current trend. Think of my needs first, Mr. CEO extraordinaire, and I could. But for as long as there is such control that I can't even change my battery the iPhone won't be my exclusive device. And I haven't got it for Android.
    04-01-10 05:52 PM
    The thing BB has been doing great is messaging and the fact that so many young'ens are using it for texting (myself included) makes it appeal. If they get a good web browser then it'll help a lot. Opera at least is decent.
    04-01-10 06:27 PM
    People who knock BB's probably haven't used one newer than the pearl or curve 83xx.
    I don't know why that would make a difference. The newer devices may have a little more RAM and a faster processor, but otherwise the OS is still identical.
    04-01-10 06:48 PM
    Now am really confused as after seeing the Droid hating on the iphone commercial I just saw a NEW iphone commercial with the guy checking up on news with his WALL STREET JOURNAL APP! This is all to confusing! I think you will have a lot of Verizon customers holding out on purchasing a Android device in hopes of an iphone.
    04-01-10 08:44 PM
    I personally have been told by someone I trust that VZW will have iPhone this summer. That in concert with all this speculation that it is happening has me pretty comfortable with it. Also note that they just spent a ton of cash upgrading their EV DO network and doubling bandwidth when they are rolling out it's successor in the LTE network. Why do you think they would bother since the CDMA network will be handling mostly voice in a fee years? They did it to support those CDMA iPhones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-10 10:57 PM
    I have been told by my cousin's sister's boyfriend's roommate that the iphone is getting surepress.
    Come on guys its all speculation. Until it's out I don't believe a word of it.

04-01-10 11:01 PM
    I have been told by my cousin's sister's boyfriend's roommate that the iphone is getting surepress.
    Come on guys its all speculation. Until it's out I don't believe a word of it.

Really? You heard that?!? My stockbroker, whose mistress once drove through Waterloo and spoke to the owner of the gas station two miles from the RIM development headquarters, verified with his partner who was able to confirm during secret meetings with Steve Jobs regarding a RIM/Apple iBerry device (because they're so worried about Droid) that the iPhone would be coming to Verizon on November 16th and that there would be a presale announced July 4th.
    04-02-10 03:11 AM
    Who cares? I wouldn't trade my storm 1 for an iPhone.

JPD217

04-04-10 10:00 AM
    no thanks.
    happy with my 9700.
    Next hopefully the slider or dakota or magnum whatever its called.
    04-05-10 01:36 PM
    if the iphone comes to verizon, ATT is fuccccked.
    Agreed!...........

04-06-10 08:02 AM
    Wonder if they will announce the carriers on Thursday, or just talk about the device.

04-06-10 08:10 AM
    Wonder if they will announce the carriers on Thursday, or just talk about the device.

If they do announce Verizon as a carrier, late Thursday and Friday RIM's stock will dip a bit.
    04-06-10 11:38 AM
    On tv here in Phoenix on FOX 10 news discussed the Apple new I phone coming out 4G blah blah will be compatible now with other carriers Including Verizon Wireless.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-07-10 09:02 AM
    IMHO, all this competition is good, and I don't believe RIM has anything to worry about. Now, if anyone needs to "watch out", it's Apple and VZ, when Sprint rolls out the HTC Evo 4-G this summer.
    04-07-10 06:27 PM
    I think that RIM will be in a little bit of trouble if the iPhone comes out for Verizon. Most of my clients wanted an iPhone for their business phone, but couldn't get it because AT&T has s*it coverage here in TN. Thus, they got a BB and are "dealing with it" lol.
    04-08-10 07:51 AM
    IMHO, all this competition is good, and I don't believe RIM has anything to worry about. Now, if anyone needs to "watch out", it's Apple and VZ, when Sprint rolls out the HTC Evo 4-G this summer.
    LOL. The EVO is going to be awesome, but Apple and Verizon have nothing to worry about. If anything, Sprint needs to worry that potential EVO customers will jump ship for the Verizon iPhone.

WiMAx is nothing. LTE is the future.
    04-08-10 12:35 PM
    Let me get this straight Verizon CEO says he's "open to a iphone on LTE" That does not sound like there is a Verizon CDMA only coming this year. My guess is a Verizon CDMA LTE iphone in 2011.
    04-08-10 03:50 PM
    Let me get this straight Verizon CEO says he's "open to a iphone on LTE" That does not sound like there is a Verizon CDMA only coming this year. My guess is a Verizon CDMA LTE iphone in 2011.
    In order for any LTE phone to work on Verizon, they'd also need to be CDMA capable. Verizon will use CDMA for voice and LTE for data only initially. And in areas where LTE is not available yet, CDMA will still do data in those areas as well.
    04-08-10 03:52 PM
190 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD