I have a @#$%$ing Storm 1 . It's a @#$% piece of #$%%$ that's %$%^&ed. RIM can ##$%$%^ my @#$. I'll never @#$# buy a ##$%$ BB %$%%&#@ again. An if Verizon doesn't have a @#$#^&ing Android world phone by the end of my contact in December, I say $#%$$@# them too for selling me this #$%$%$.

Actually all my friends with other BBs love them, but a company that could release a product like the Storm with an OS like 4.7.065 has no respect for its customers. I have never had a product as bad as that from any manufacturer.
    Wow.

Maybe you should consider upgrading your OS to something made in the last year?
    03-31-10 10:27 AM
    I mean i love my storm 2 but I'm sorry there is no other phone that is as responsive as the I Phone. There is just something sexy about it. I'll be there day one.
    sexy??? Victoria Secret's models are sexy. an iPhone is JUST A PHONE.
    03-31-10 10:49 AM
    did the confused, sarcastic response of the person to whom I responded fly over your head??
    LOL, Dave, nothing you say could go over my head. But thanks for asking.
    03-31-10 01:55 PM
    Hey, careful now Dave; a Lamborghini Countach can be pretty sexy!

sexy??? Victoria Secret's models are sexy. an iPhone is JUST A PHONE.
    03-31-10 02:08 PM
    LOL, Dave, nothing you say could go over my head. But thanks for asking.
    are u aware it took you half a day to come up with that lame rejoinder??

You need new writers.
    03-31-10 02:10 PM
    Hey, careful now Dave; a Lamborghini Countach can be pretty sexy!
    ah, yes, as are some motorcycles!!
    03-31-10 02:10 PM
    are u aware it took you half a day to come up with that lame rejoinder??

You need new writers.
    Well, let's see Dave. I'm not always on nor do I read all the threads everyday as some. So ... once again you have made an assumption which means, uh, let's not go there. Suffice it to say, your assumption was wrong. Also, I see you respond 3, 4 maybe 5 times in a row. Is this to build up your post count or is it ineptness on using the multi-quote button. Just wondering.
    03-31-10 02:29 PM
    Well, let's see Dave. I'm not always on nor do I read all the threads everyday as some. So ... once again you have made an assumption which means, uh, let's not go there. Suffice it to say, your assumption was wrong. Also, I see you respond 3, 4 maybe 5 times in a row. Is this to build up your post count or is it ineptness on using the multi-quote button. Just wondering.
    ah, did u forget that u responded last night, to the same post you responded to a few minutes ago? os it really has nothing to do with how often you visit the forum. Next??

oh, post counts? I don't even notice my post count. truly.
    03-31-10 02:31 PM
    [QUOTE=dave1812;4920569]ah, did u forget that u responded last night, to the same post you responded to a few minutes ago? os it really has nothing to do with how often you visit the forum. Next??
    QUOTE]

Uh, OK. Not sure what you mean. I wrote a statement last night. Got on for lunch and read your reply, responded, you made another statement and I responded. Not sure of your response concerning the chronology, but hey whatever. Let's just call me stupid and slow as we let the thread continue and not be hijacked. I can live with whatever you think of me.
    03-31-10 02:44 PM
    I can live with whatever you think of me.
    LOL! as can I.
    03-31-10 03:00 PM
    Hey, c'mon guys...why not agree to disagree and simply ignore each other
    03-31-10 03:16 PM
    Why BlackBerry Users Will Defect
    by Mike Schuster
    Wednesday, March 31, 2010provided byMarketWatch

Despite bells and whistles, the device misses the 'fun factor.'

Call it a matter of touch-screen envy, but many BlackBerry users are starting to feel the 24-month-contract itch.

More from MarketWatch.com:

� RIM Expected to Show Strong Results, Expectations High

� AT&T Can Survive Loss of Golden Egg

� iPhone Speculation Boosts Apple, Hurts Rivals

And they're willing to switch to Apple Inc.'s (AAPL) iPhone or Google Inc.'s (GOOG) Nexus One, according to a recent study.

Conducted by the online market researchers Crowd Science, the survey results show that Research in Motion (RIMM) BlackBerry users are more likely to abandon the brand than iPhone or Android users. When asked of the likelihood of buying a particular brand of cell phone or smartphone if the purchase was made the following day, 39% of BlackBerry owners said they "definitely or probably would" nab an iPhone. And roughly one-third of the participants claimed they'd snatch up an Android phone.

Meanwhile, the fierce Google-Apple war seems to have bled into the user base.

An overwhelming majority of iPhone users -- 92% -- would likely stay loyal to the Apple device, and only a tad fewer Android owners -- 87% -- made a similar claim.

Popular Stories on Yahoo!:

� States in Danger of Greece-Like Debt Crisis

� Things Your Grocery Store Won't Tell You

� Bleak Season Ahead for Home Sales
    More From Yahoo! Finance

However, Apple zealots who unleash a fervent hatred for opposing teams may have met their indignant match. While 15% of iPhone users "definitely or probably would not" recommend an Android device, a whopping 45% of Android users would never dare give Steve Jobs' baby a thumbs up. Whether that's a product of outsider's scorn or buyer's remorse, the study didn't pose the question.

But as the battle between Apple and Google rages on, BlackBerry users look on with a degree of envy.

Despite commanding a hefty lead over the iPhone in the smartphone market share -- 42% versus 25%, respectively -- the numbers for RIM have begun to drop, along with Microsoft's (MSFT) Windows Mobile and Palm (PALM).

According to comScore, RIM's market share dropped a percentage point in the fourth quarter of 2009 from the third quarter, and Apple's rose 1.2%. PCWorld's Tony Bradley calculated that, given the same rate of rise and decline, Apple could surpass RIMM's market share by February 2012. And buoyed by the success of the Motorola (MOT) Droid, Android showed the biggest gains -- rising 2.7% to 5.2%.

Crowd Science Chief Executive John Martin addressed the study in the company blog. "These results show that the restlessness of BlackBerry users with their current brand hasn't just been driven by the allure of iPhone." He added, "Rather, BlackBerry as a brand just isn't garnering the loyalty seen with other mobile operating systems."

mw.jpg
    iPhone, Droid and BlackBerry.

So what's the allure of the competitors? Why are BlackBerry users more willing to jump ship?

BlackBerry has long been the choice of tech-savvy executives who are wirelessly tethered to their jobs. But as evidenced in the study, only 7% of BlackBerry owners still use their device exclusively for work. For years, the smartphone has ceased to be merely associated with work -- an evolution that Apple played a large role in influencing. However, the BlackBerrys, the Palm Treos, and the Windows Mobile devices never successfully adopted the veneer of "recreational smartphones" nearly as well as Apple or Android.

Put simply, iPhones, Droids, and Nexus Ones just look like more fun. And as the "fun factor" became a significant reason why smartphones became as popular as they did, any manufacturer still focusing on the business aspects fell out of favor with users.

What's the appeal of a physical keyboard if the iPhone can remember where you parked? Why use Microsoft Exchange when the Droid works seamlessly with Gmail -- a service more businesses are using anyway? Is there a point to waiting for a BlackBerry version of an app that has dozens of variants available in the App Store or Android Market?

Unless a new BlackBerry device sheds the brand's stodgy work image, RIMM is going to miss out on all the fun -- and customers.
    Copyrighted, MarketWatch. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of MarketWatch content is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of MarketWatch. MarketWatch shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
    03-31-10 03:17 PM
    I have a @#$%$ing Storm 1 . It's a @#$% piece of #$%%$ that's %$%^&ed. RIM can ##$%$%^ my @#$. I'll never @#$# buy a ##$%$ BB %$%%&#@ again. An if Verizon doesn't have a @#$#^&ing Android world phone by the end of my contact in December, I say $#%$$@# them too for selling me this #$%$%$.

Actually all my friends with other BBs love them, but a company that could release a product like the Storm with an OS like 4.7.065 has no respect for its customers. I have never had a product as bad as that from any manufacturer.
    How do you really feel?
    03-31-10 03:24 PM
    How do you really feel?
    I suspect he feels $$#%@ awful and wants to punch the %$%^^#@ wall! Other than that, he's @#$@%! terrific.
    03-31-10 03:27 PM
    Somehow, I missed this post. First, I found the whole "Crowd Science" survey, bogus and full of holes. Second, so MUCH of this whole thing is mere speculation (which everyone seems to love to do) that there's really very little actual science behind the predictions and surveys often tend to contradict one another.

Finally, graphs go up and they go down (to put it another way, "whatever goes up, must come down"). The market will do what it does and whoever is in second place will only try harder to move up to first place, which is good for all of us. Competition is the name of the game.

Finally, while there is a great deal of truth regarding the "Business vs. Fun" factor, Apple is hanging there hat on basically, one device, which I don't think is a good move for anyone (but then again, I'm not the mobile phone guru, either).

Why BlackBerry Users Will Defect
    by Mike Schuster
    Wednesday, March 31, 2010provided byMarketWatch

Despite bells and whistles, the device misses the 'fun factor.'

Call it a matter of touch-screen envy, but many BlackBerry users are starting to feel the 24-month-contract itch.

More from MarketWatch.com:

� RIM Expected to Show Strong Results, Expectations High

� AT&T Can Survive Loss of Golden Egg

� iPhone Speculation Boosts Apple, Hurts Rivals

And they're willing to switch to Apple Inc.'s (AAPL) iPhone or Google Inc.'s (GOOG) Nexus One, according to a recent study.

Conducted by the online market researchers Crowd Science, the survey results show that Research in Motion (RIMM) BlackBerry users are more likely to abandon the brand than iPhone or Android users. When asked of the likelihood of buying a particular brand of cell phone or smartphone if the purchase was made the following day, 39% of BlackBerry owners said they "definitely or probably would" nab an iPhone. And roughly one-third of the participants claimed they'd snatch up an Android phone.

Meanwhile, the fierce Google-Apple war seems to have bled into the user base.

An overwhelming majority of iPhone users -- 92% -- would likely stay loyal to the Apple device, and only a tad fewer Android owners -- 87% -- made a similar claim.

Popular Stories on Yahoo!:

� States in Danger of Greece-Like Debt Crisis

� Things Your Grocery Store Won't Tell You

� Bleak Season Ahead for Home Sales
    More From Yahoo! Finance

However, Apple zealots who unleash a fervent hatred for opposing teams may have met their indignant match. While 15% of iPhone users "definitely or probably would not" recommend an Android device, a whopping 45% of Android users would never dare give Steve Jobs' baby a thumbs up. Whether that's a product of outsider's scorn or buyer's remorse, the study didn't pose the question.

But as the battle between Apple and Google rages on, BlackBerry users look on with a degree of envy.

Despite commanding a hefty lead over the iPhone in the smartphone market share -- 42% versus 25%, respectively -- the numbers for RIM have begun to drop, along with Microsoft's (MSFT) Windows Mobile and Palm (PALM).

According to comScore, RIM's market share dropped a percentage point in the fourth quarter of 2009 from the third quarter, and Apple's rose 1.2%. PCWorld's Tony Bradley calculated that, given the same rate of rise and decline, Apple could surpass RIMM's market share by February 2012. And buoyed by the success of the Motorola (MOT) Droid, Android showed the biggest gains -- rising 2.7% to 5.2%.

Crowd Science Chief Executive John Martin addressed the study in the company blog. "These results show that the restlessness of BlackBerry users with their current brand hasn't just been driven by the allure of iPhone." He added, "Rather, BlackBerry as a brand just isn't garnering the loyalty seen with other mobile operating systems."

mw.jpg
    iPhone, Droid and BlackBerry.

So what's the allure of the competitors? Why are BlackBerry users more willing to jump ship?

BlackBerry has long been the choice of tech-savvy executives who are wirelessly tethered to their jobs. But as evidenced in the study, only 7% of BlackBerry owners still use their device exclusively for work. For years, the smartphone has ceased to be merely associated with work -- an evolution that Apple played a large role in influencing. However, the BlackBerrys, the Palm Treos, and the Windows Mobile devices never successfully adopted the veneer of "recreational smartphones" nearly as well as Apple or Android.

Put simply, iPhones, Droids, and Nexus Ones just look like more fun. And as the "fun factor" became a significant reason why smartphones became as popular as they did, any manufacturer still focusing on the business aspects fell out of favor with users.

What's the appeal of a physical keyboard if the iPhone can remember where you parked? Why use Microsoft Exchange when the Droid works seamlessly with Gmail -- a service more businesses are using anyway? Is there a point to waiting for a BlackBerry version of an app that has dozens of variants available in the App Store or Android Market?

Unless a new BlackBerry device sheds the brand's stodgy work image, RIMM is going to miss out on all the fun -- and customers.
    Copyrighted, MarketWatch. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of MarketWatch content is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of MarketWatch. MarketWatch shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
    03-31-10 03:33 PM
    Yeah right.

Aside from the lack of reputability of Crowd Science, they completely ignore the fact that when you ask IT pros, the iPhone gets a resounding thumbs down. And that is especially true of corporate IT departments. No self-respecting corporate IT department will let the enormously insecure iPhone (not to mention iTunes) into their enterprise IT structure, and the ones that do are just begging to have data stolen big time.

Then there's the fact that there is no objective evidence that any other US carrier besides AT&T has any plans to carry the iPhone. In fact, the aggressive anti iPhone ad campaigns by VXw (to name just one) are evidence of the opposite.
    03-31-10 04:38 PM
    as if I'd want a touch screen phone without feedback? or a wimpy speaker? or no multitasking?? I'd HATE to not be able to run Pandora when doing other things. to **** with the Jesus phone. seriously. different strokes.

and this shouldn't even be in this forum, come to think of it.
    While I agree with all of this, there are plenty of people who want the iCandy and if it comes out on Verizon (and Sprint and maybe TMobile too), then RIM will take a major hit in sales as Apple would get access to over 150 Million subscribers and they will sell. Plus figure in the fact that more and more Droids are being released on all carriers and RIM is going to lose more customers. Sure some will come back, but some won't. RIM needs to do something to mitigate the losses.
    03-31-10 08:15 PM
    Bingo! ding ding ding!

While I agree with all of this, there are plenty of people who want the iCandy and if it comes out on Verizon (and Sprint and maybe TMobile too), then RIM will take a major hit in sales as Apple would get access to over 150 Million subscribers and they will sell. Plus figure in the fact that more and more Droids are being released on all carriers and RIM is going to lose more customers. Sure some will come back, but some won't. RIM needs to do something to mitigate the losses.
    03-31-10 09:14 PM
    if the iphone comes to verizon, ATT is fuccccked.
    I agree. I think ATT will suffer more than RIM. As iPhone contracts end, they will migrate to Verizon's iPhone 4GS! Quite a number will say to heck with my ATT contract, I'm ETFing out of here.
    04-01-10 12:09 AM
    I agree. I think ATT will suffer more than RIM. As iPhone contracts end, they will migrate to Verizon's iPhone 4GS! Quite a number will say to heck with my ATT contract, I'm ETFing out of here.
    You win the prize,ATT will lose. As for RIM it's hard to predict. More options less for everybody. To me RIM is the one sitting pretty, let me know when corporate IT depts and the govt. trust their data on an iphone or droid. Competition is great shows you where you suck and where you shine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by i7guy; 04-01-10 at 06:59 AM.
    04-01-10 06:40 AM
    lmao...there has been talk of this for a year now. Nothing new. It wont be this year as VZW wont have LTE rolled out yet.
    Video - Verizon-Compatible iPhone Planned by Apple - WSJ.com
    04-01-10 07:17 AM
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ytech_gadg/2...ch_gadg_tc1385

AT&T hurrying up to try to fix there network since Verizon is getting the Iphone.. AT&T trying not to be put to shame when Verizon gets the Iphone on a much better carrier....
    04-01-10 09:01 AM
    really no kidding, this is the report that the link in the first post wrote about! as has been stated, its nice what a little "rumor" does with apples stock. Apple is no stupid they can manipulate the press and made money on it without any actual truth at all
    Last edited by howarmat; 04-01-10 at 02:14 PM.
    04-01-10 02:00 PM

Damn...you won the creative posting contest, man. Really, quite impressive. This is what I miss out on for daring to have to work for a living...

So, you don't like the Storm (fairly certain on that) and you might not go to Verizon if there is no Android world phone. May I ask what would be your choice?
    04-01-10 03:18 PM
    I'm really questioning this news of a Verizon iphone as I just heard a NEW commercial from Verizon taking shots at the "other smartphone" and it's lack of multitasking.

Why does Verizon continue to take shots at the iphone? If allegedly Verizon knows there getting a iphone I can't see why the would mention the 'other smartphone' on there commercials.
    04-01-10 03:42 PM
190 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD