no you didnt...its not possible on VZW CDMA network without skype or some other workaround
    +1......those who say they can usually are on sprint and I still call BS.
    03-30-10 09:00 AM
    At this point it is impossible to do both on reds cdma network.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-10 09:10 AM
    You can. I do it often. And I don't even use wifi. A few of my friends have also done this, with phones that have no wifi.

Why don't you fill in the Verizon people on how you and your "friends" are able to do this.
    03-30-10 09:23 AM
    Whats the point of having an iPhone on Verizon if you can't talk and surf the web?
    Nothing like talking to someone on the phone and hearing 125 clicks while they look up 'how not to look like a d-bag over the phone'.
    03-30-10 09:39 AM
    I always wanted an iPhone when they first came out...I recall back then it was about the only phone you could see the screen outdoors or in the sunlight! But I simply refused to move to AT&T. Now that I'd had a couple BlackBerrys, currently the Storm2, I couldn't imagine giving up SurePress for the iPhone. A friend of mine let me play with his iPhone for a while and I just did not like the hard screen, tapping out messages. The O/S was nice and the browser was great...all items RIM could update in the next O/S for the Storm models.
    03-30-10 10:07 AM
    We have not seen specs yet, but I would be willing to bet that you will not be able to tether the Ip[hone on Verizon just like AT&T. A killer for some folks. I would think IPhone will hurt Droid market more than BB. JMHO
    03-30-10 10:29 AM
    I would think IPhone will hurt Droid market more than BB. JMHO

I couldn't agree more with this. People who use the BB for business, I doubt will be interested in all the Apple restrictions. Using an iPhone for business is a lot like being on house arrest (not that I have ever been on house arrest). There is only so many places you can go in the business world without not having to break out of jail or buy apps to make it compatible.

On the talk and surf deal, I really don't know why this seems to be a big sales pitch for people. I rarely ever use it. I would never consider this to be a decsion maker when buying one phone vs another. Heck, I don't surf the web that much on the Storm anyway.
    03-30-10 06:19 PM
    I will probably jump from BB to an iPhone when it comes to VZW unless the Storm3 is awesome. Love the customization and messaging on BB, but love too much about the iPhone to pass it up. The next few months with Storm3, Webkit browser and potentially 5.1 to 6.0 OS previews will be important for me to stay on BB only.

VZW claims 1/3 of the nation will have LTE in 2010 and another 1/3 in 2011, per recent articles. My understanding is they will stay CDMA for voice and LTE for data. This would mean you can surf and talk if you are in an LTE area. Please let me know if I am wrong, as I know you all will.

Someone said the current iPhone vendor was Foxtron, but it is Foxconn. Foxconn makes a lot of stuff for Apple, billions worth. The article however claims another vendor for the CDMA/LTE iPhone.

I like competition as it drives innovation and better consumer costs and choices.
    03-30-10 06:48 PM
    Nothing like talking to someone on the phone and hearing 125 clicks while they look up 'how not to look like a d-bag over the phone'.
    the iphone doesn't make "click" sounds if you don't want it to. You were talking about the iphone weren't you?
    03-30-10 07:42 PM
    I know a handful of marketing/ advertising firms in NYC are all using iphones now instead of berries. I wonder if they got a deal because they all have macs and pc's at their workstations.....
    I don't think any smartphone is strictly business anymore. I think it has evolved into a multimedia device that people expect from a smartphone.
    BB I don't think will ever go away, but the OS is kinda like being on a treo again (minus all the crashes).
    None of this incremental stuff.
    Revamp the entire OS.....
    03-30-10 07:42 PM
    the iphone doesn't make "click" sounds if you don't want it to. You were talking about the iphone weren't you?

Oh brother
    03-30-10 09:00 PM
    I will probably jump from BB to an iPhone when it comes to VZW unless the Storm3 is awesome.
    Get ready to become a Storm 3 owner even if only a fraction of what they are saying about the device is true. I know that I am not going to renew my AT&T contract in August, it will be between a S3 or whatever the next Droid or comparable device will be for my personal device.

The 3 rumors I think that are true and seem to show up often on many sites

1. Highest reslolution screen available to date. (some say screen size like that of a Droid)
    2. Thin like the iPhone
    3. Fastest mobile processor.

I know, I know these are just rumors-but one can dream.
    Last edited by jbdale; 03-30-10 at 09:21 PM.
    03-30-10 09:04 PM
    Oh brother
    I'm not your brother. what's your point? you aren't the person that I was responding too, so what's YOUR problem?
    03-30-10 09:47 PM
    I wasn't aware you could turn off that clicking sound the keyboard makes without Cydia, or using the silent / hold switch thing.

03-30-10 10:56 PM
    Who has an iPhone without cydia? I unlocked and jailbroke my last iPhone as soon as it came out of the box. Its too easy NOT to do it.

03-30-10 11:37 PM
    I'm not your brother. what's your point? you aren't the person that I was responding too, so what's YOUR problem?
    WOW, is there a thread where you don't get upset with a person because they don't like what you say?
    03-30-10 11:44 PM
    I am a bit confused: the company that actually builds the iphone is Foxtron and not this company quoted in the article.
    Pegatron won the manufacturing bid for this model of the iPhone so they will be manufacturing it instaed of Foxtron, but only for this particular model.
    03-30-10 11:51 PM
    It's all very interesting but to those who say "this spells the end of RIM" I say isht....competition is what makes this all so great...so, if it hurts for a while, so be it, but that only makes everyone else try harder. I will never want an iPhone, but to those that love 'em, cool!
    03-31-10 12:03 AM
    WOW, is there a thread where you don't get upset with a person because they don't like what you say?
    did the confused, sarcastic response of the person to whom I responded fly over your head??
    03-31-10 12:08 AM
    It's all very interesting but to those who say "this spells the end of RIM" I say isht....competition is what makes this all so great...so, if it hurts for a while, so be it, but that only makes everyone else try harder. I will never want an iPhone, but to those that love 'em, cool!
    a Touch is as close to an iPhone as I want. love my Touch; no desire for an iPhone.
    03-31-10 12:09 AM
    Get ready to become a Storm 3 owner even if only a fraction of what they are saying about the device is true. I know that I am not going to renew my AT&T contract in August, it will be between a S3 or whatever the next Droid or comparable device will be for my personal device.

The 3 rumors I think that are true and seem to show up often on many sites

1. Highest reslolution screen available to date. (some say screen size like that of a Droid)
    2. Thin like the iPhone
    3. Fastest mobile processor.

I know, I know these are just rumors-but one can dream.
    Rumor is 960x640...higher res than the droid and any other phone that I'm aware of...
    03-31-10 01:57 AM
    I mean i love my storm 2 but I'm sorry there is no other phone that is as responsive as the I Phone. There is just something sexy about it. I'll be there day one.
    03-31-10 04:36 AM
    You do realise RIM sells blackberrys on hundreds of networks around the world. VZW is not exactly the centre of the universe.

I don't think RIM needs to "watch out"

03-31-10 04:53 AM
    did the confused, sarcastic response of the person to whom I responded fly over your head??
    No, but my response was in reference to your reply that flew over you head.
    03-31-10 06:43 AM
    Some BB users will definitely go iPhone if this happens while others won't. It certainly won't help RIM, thats for sure.

People who knock BB's probably haven't used one newer than the pearl or curve 83xx.
    I have a @#$%$ing Storm 1 . It's a @#$% piece of #$%%$ that's %$%^&ed. RIM can ##$%$%^ my @#$. I'll never @#$# buy a ##$%$ BB %$%%&#@ again. An if Verizon doesn't have a @#$#^&ing Android world phone by the end of my contact in December, I say $#%$$@# them too for selling me this #$%$%$.

Actually all my friends with other BBs love them, but a company that could release a product like the Storm with an OS like 4.7.065 has no respect for its customers. I have never had a product as bad as that from any manufacturer.
    03-31-10 10:06 AM
190 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD